Halp ! Twisted Vista Challenge

Discussion in 'Priests' started by randomplayer, Aug 11, 2020.

1. randomplayer Member

Thought Overfiend challenge mode is kicking my *** and my groups ***. For the first two challenge events I can be one of the top healers on the parse but for this one I drop to like #6 and insta die on rez. What on earth am I doing wrong?

Lots of hp. I just beefed up resolve from 4010 to 4030 just now. Think that will help? My potency sucks but with all links etc it is at 167k and I don't usually count for much dps. I am currently trying to fully infuse my gear with more potency.

My strategy has not been usually to single target heal my group. I am grouped with a warden with similar stats and his *** is getting handed to him as well. Am I supposed to be single targeting my heals?

I read something about not relying so much on group wards...which is fine if the group didnt just insta poof.

Any tips? Thanks!
  2. Melkior Well-Known Member

Always have your group ward up. Bleedthrough will bypass much of it but its good to absorb any damage you can. If you are taking massive damage, it's probably from not following the fight script or getting the cures done fast enough. If my groups health is fluctuating while the detrimental is up I will pop totemic protection while working to get cures off as fast as possible (it takes 10 cures to fully remove)

If the mob is not moved enough, he starts incrementing more damage throughout the fight. There's some flavor text that appears in the chat box when he's not moved fast enough. There's a detriment that appears when you need to move the mob. The tank should look for it and move the named when it appears. If the flavor text appears, you've waited too long and damage increases for the duration of the fight. If this happens enough times, that damage becomes overwhelming.
  3. randomplayer Member

Thanks! I looked for you online before I posted.

What has me worried is that of the four groups mine was the one that was faceplanted the most. And honestly, I can't click the buttons any faster. It doesn't help the two of us healers are 2/3 of the glacial for the fight. That's a long cast time.
  4. Melkior Well-Known Member

May want to look at your health totals. An option is to have some people use Forcelink instead of Powerlink to boost health. Make sure people spec for health as well. Challenge mode fights have much larger surge damage, and on a fight like that one where healers have a lot on their plate, having higher overall health (400M plus) is extremely beneficial.

Other things to consider. Does your group stay within range of your heals and cures? We move the mob on the fight so most of the healers can stay relatively stationary. Greatly aids healing and curing. But if your group moves in and out of range that may be an issue. I've been known to mark healers with their group numbers so that people know where you are more easily.

Have you looked in ACT to see what might be the biggest contributor to incoming damage? That can give you a clue as to what to adjust. Example: Single hits of 800M are generally a fail mechanic, an indication of poor resists, low resolve (your resolve is more than enough for that fight by the way, I think the requirement is 3865 or 3970) or something along those lines. Just spit-balling some ideas out there of things I've seen in the past.
  5. Loke Member

In addition to Mel's excellent suggestions I would also recommend that you cycle your single target wards in between casting your group ward, particularly on yourself and the other healer in your group. While wards don't stack it is useful to have single target wards on when group ward is down. On that fight, if your tank isn't moving the mob properly you'll see your group ward completely used up in a single pulse of damage. During the time Soul Shackle is running it will help but often that will also be reduced to nothing and only partially regenerated when the next pulse comes. Try to save Totemic and Spirit Aegis for the time when Shackle is down and use them consecutively, Totemic first then Aegis when Totemic is almost down. In addition to your primary single target ward you have Barrier of the Spirits, Torpor and Oberon you can use for additional single target wards.

It's not unusual for my heal parse to be over 500m on that fight, even 600m rarely. And that's with a second healer in the group doing 3-400m.
  6. randomplayer Member

Thank you guys. I was able to chat with Mekior in game. We got it down flawless. Part of it was positioning and the tank swap thing. But there is just some wicked damage happening at all times plus the cures. I have started using torpor on myself - no good healer is a dead healer. Esp when I have to cast glacial every now and then.

I still think I am just off on some fights. I am going to change my UI next week after my house guests leave see if that helps.