Halls of the Green Robes: Antonia Bayle

Discussion in 'Guide and Player Events' started by Guide Croakis, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Tallann Senior Guide

Eep! I have news for those who have not yet had their fill of gears, gadgets, and gizmos!

On Wednesday, August 7th, at approximately 11:30 p.m. PST / 2:30 a.m. EST (which would make it Thursday in that time zone, just to be clear), in the Steamfont Mountains...a curious gnome will have her nose buried in her notes, but you might be able to distract her from her work for a moment if you try hard enough.

- Tallann

Eep! The boring disclaimers! Please note: All times/dates are subject to change, due to that pesky evildoer known as Real Life™, as all Guides are simply volunteers, and they are just as susceptible to unforeseen circumstances as anyone else. If an event is rescheduled (or cancelled), I will try to keep you posted on the new dates/times, but unfortunately, that won't always be possible. I sincerely apologize in advance to anyone who feels that their time has been wasted as the result of an unexpectedly cancelled or delayed quest, and I hope that it won't tarnish your enjoyment of future events.

Additionally, one never knows when a Guide might suddenly be bitten by the Inspiration bug, or the Unexpected Spare Time bug, and decide that they just have to host an event NOW!, so you should always be on the lookout for strange rumblings, especially in the special frequency "Level 1-9" channel that many of you listen to.
  2. Guide Croakis Guide

Also this week....
    Thursday 8-8:
    4pm pacific in Antonica... this lil piggy went where??

More Soon!
  3. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Eeeks I missed the event yesterday August 7th. I have one toon that needs to do the tinkerfest guide event still. Hopefully, there will another chance before tinkerfest goes poof? Thanks!
  4. Guide Croakis Guide

I have heard tell... that there will be a gnome with a tome found in Steamfont on Tuesday 8-13 at 1pm pacific.. so not all is lost!

More Soon!
  5. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Woots! Thanks so much.
  6. Lera Well-Known Member

I hope this gnome stays around for a couple hours today.
  7. Guide Croakis Guide

Updates! Watch for a few things happening today in Steamfont at the Gnomeland Headquarters:
    1pm will be an issue of tomes...
    4pm I have heard there may be some broken clockworks....
    5pm.. well.. the gnomes are being mysterious.. I am not sure what they are up to!!
    All times are pacific of course ;)

More Soon!
  8. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for the fun events yesterday in Steamfont! Sorry I was so late showing up for the first event due to memory failure....maybe that is why there were some broken clockworks in need of major repair ;).
  9. Guide Croakis Guide

Tuesday... 8-20:
    4:30pm pacific in Antonica... it will be a great time for some stories with some of our favorite fire breathers!

More Soon!
  10. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

Croakis, a player approached me last night looking for the baby dragons that they were convinced should be in Antonica every Tuesday evening from 7-9 EST. They were seeking the baby dragon illusion.

Are the dragons supposed to be in Antonica every Tuesday evening? I am not sure I was able to explain clearly enough to them that Guide events are usually a random one time thing, as they insisted they were told that this 'admin event' was to occur regularly. They did not confirm if they saw any shouts or messages in the zone about such an event.

Also events in a zone as large as Antonica that require searching for mobile characters can get frustrating, especially as guides normally cannot be tracked, a reminder to please drop a few hints here and there would be helpful.

And last, because I did sign in so might as well say it all, not everyone on AB bothers with the 1-9 channel. I know I have not since about a week after launch and had to listen to some of the filth and spam that tends to stew there. ((yes, yes, I know, bad community person :p )) However, as an RP'er, I do watch RPLFG and RPEvents, along with a good part of the RP community. If the AB guides could announce in RPEvents as well as 1-9 they would probably see more players show up to an event.

Thank you so much for putting up with us and bringing more fun to our server! :)

~Slipps~
  11. Guide Croakis Guide

You are quite right! Guide events are random and while it would be possible to see the same event every week, It has never been intentionally done that way, and has normally been shunned as it is quite likely to produce boredom for both players and the guides.
    While every guide has their own style and way of doing things, fairly strong hints are usually given where to find us. We have boundaries that we must adhere to and remain in character of course. Often hints are sent in shouts, in the 1-9 channel, and these funny like messages that appear out of nowhere sometimes. I will pass on the suggestion about making use of the RPEvent channel to those in charge and perhaps we will have that option too!
    Thank you for your input and glad you find what we do fun... I know we do!

Croakis
  12. Guide Croakis Guide

Thursday 8-29:
    5pm pacific in Antonica.... its a pigfest!

More Soon! (as I hear of it) :p
  13. Lera Well-Known Member

Will the fairy lantern be available anytime soon?
  14. Guide Croakis Guide

I will pass the request on... I have not heard... but I will let you know as soon as I do :)
  15. Guide Croakis Guide

Saturday 8-31:
    1am pacific for your late nighters. I have heard in Frostfang Sea that a young coldain with a fascination for fungus will be out and about!

More Soon!
  16. Charbon Senior Guide

Tonight (9/3) - check in Halas around 8:30 PM Pacific for an arasai needing aid with a lantern!
  17. Guide Croakis Guide

Wednesday 9-4:
    4:30pm pacific in Feerrott.. ohhh my... a poor family of frogs needs your help!:eek:

Thursday 9-5:
    5pm pacific in Antonica... you can dance if you want to.... :rolleyes:

More Soon! :D
  18. Tallann Senior Guide

On Sunday, September 8th, at approximately 7:00 p.m. PST / 10:00 p.m. EST, in Rivervale...someone will be seeking help with...well, something. He's been rather secretive about the whole thing, to be honest.

- Tallann

Eep! The boring disclaimers! Please note: All times/dates are subject to change, due to that pesky evildoer known as Real Life™, as all Guides are simply volunteers, and they are just as susceptible to unforeseen circumstances as anyone else. If an event is rescheduled (or cancelled), I will try to keep you posted on the new dates/times, but unfortunately, that won't always be possible. I sincerely apologize in advance to anyone who feels that their time has been wasted as the result of an unexpectedly cancelled or delayed quest, and I hope that it won't tarnish your enjoyment of future events.

Additionally, one never knows when a Guide might suddenly be bitten by the Inspiration bug, or the Unexpected Spare Time bug, and decide that they just have to host an event NOW!, so you should always be on the lookout for strange rumblings, especially in the special frequency "Level 1-9" channel that many of you listen to.
  19. Lera Well-Known Member

Gaaaaa... missed it. Any chance of this coming back soon?
  20. Tallann Senior Guide

I'm sure that can be arranged. If you'd like to give us a few dates/times that would work well for you, feel free to do so. Otherwise, I'm sure that the arasai will be seeking more help at some point in the near future, so hopefully you won't miss each other a second time!

- Tallann