Hallllppp! Furniture Explosion!

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Niami DenMother, May 15, 2021.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

OMG, amen; I've been the victim -- er, recipient? -- of both "open design" schools and offices. Somehow, it never quite turned out the way the original architects of such envisioned... :-/

Uwk
    Geroblue likes this.
  2. Kattt Well-Known Member

I definitely will be helping out on test at some point. I had fun doing that way back. But since I only got back in December, I am finding catching up on the live server a bit daunting at times. It is six years worth. =P My 8 crafters were all level 95 and I only have 2 caught up so far. Lots of content, lots of faction, lots of quests. =) Once I am caught up, I will definitely be dipping my toe in. =)
    I thought I read somewhere...do you get to keep where your progress is now on test as opposed to wipes?
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Public Test (PT) vs. Beta Test (BT): PT is an actual, for-real server, in most senses of the term. You create new toons on Public Test (seven more free slots! :D) and level them up just like on any other Live server, and they're permanent until you kill them heartlessly (sorry; every time I -- delete -- a toon, I go into mourning for a week... :-/). The differences are really that our economy, especially the Broker, kinda sucks, which is why we have access to all the Advanced [Tradeskill] Volumes, up to level 100 that I know. Those, we can get at an NPC merchant, and we frequently have NPC Guides, permanently stationed (the Decorative Axes dude is especially nice!). :)

Oh, and we have an XP boost. Those are about the only differences; those, and we're semi-pro/enthusiastic amateur bug squashers for things that haven't hit Live yet. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

we get to test small things like festivals , we got them up to two weeks earlier.
    Every toon now gets a level 110 boost for adventure and tradeskill so you can boost yourself up if that is what you want to do .
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, yeah, there's that; one of the things I love about Public Test is getting the low-down on all the holiday stuff before anyone else. You'd think there'd be more folks willing to jump into a Swap Holiday House deal on Public Test because of that... :D

And is that 110 Adv/TS Token thing still going? I know the NPC merchants aren't selling them any more (but most of mine already took advantage of that)... :-/

Uwk
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

you get it awarded now when you log on to any toon that is not level 110 already , it just drops in to your bags .
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Brilliant. :)

Still miss the Merchants' functionality, though... ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Almee Well-Known Member

You would think, from all the years I've been playing, that I would know how to access the furniture dungeons you are talking about but, frankly, I haven't a clue. They killed Dungeon Maker, two weeks after I bought the feature, so I don't know how to get to the dungeons or what their names are. Any help would be appreciated.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Be in an overland zone, not an instance, open your character sheet and find the Dungeons tab. Find the dungeons (there are several that you should have access to now), and click Edit.

Once in there, treat it a lot like a house in which you have trustee access. Pick up things that you want to snag, and rather than running to find the exit, just /house to get an exit option.

~Mum
  10. Almee Well-Known Member

Thank you. I'll try that.
  11. Almee Well-Known Member

Next stupid question. I've entered a dungeon and it is beautifully decorated. There are a lot of repeated items but surely you don't mean for us to take them and ruin the decorating. I feel like I'm in a showroom not a storage dungeon.
  12. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

{giggle} Not a stupid question at all, and not the first to think that. Kasa likes making the the initial dungeon look pretty, but PLEASE, take anything you will use from there and from the other dungeons. That's what it is there for! It is all stuff we *want* to give away.
  13. Almee Well-Known Member

Omg, I think I went a little nuts. I saw stuff I've never seen before and might have gotten a tiny bit greedy. I've been using the same stuff for so long, trying to make it look fresh, and not really succeeding. Now I see tons of new possibilities. I wish Kasa would come decorate my home. She has a fantastic eye for decorating.
  14. Almee Well-Known Member

How do you make a dungeon where only people you choose can take stuff out?
    How do you make a dungeon where anyone can take stuff out?

Right now I'm storing all my goodies in prestige housing. It is a pain to have to go from house to house to get items so a dungeon would be nice but there are some things I wouldn't want people taking. Lizzele already has a dungeon but it looks like anyone can take stuff out of it--at least all my characters seem to be able to add or take stuff out. I made the dungeon so long ago I don't remember anything about making dungeons and don't want to mess up making new ones.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I think you can set permissions for a dungeon the same way you can for a house, but folks have to inform the dungeon owner that they want to be able to access it, so the owner can set them up as Trustees.

If it's the same or very similar to a house, then yeah, all your alts for Lizzele would be considered Trustees, and could take out anything that didn't specifically belong to Lizz and was No-Trade, etc.

So, have a list of Trustees and set the rest of the Access to Public or None, and no one who isn't a Trustee would be able to take out anything...I'm guessing.

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Almee Well-Known Member

I can't find anywhere to do that Uwk. I've looked at all the options I'm given for the dungeons and I haven't seen anything about permissions though apparently you can do that. I just made a new dungeon, for Lizzele, and didn't see anything in the Dungeon Maker window, the dungeon window, or the zone in.
  17. Almee Well-Known Member

Never mind. I'm blind as a bat. I found the place to allow access.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh good; where is that? It's been a long time since I set one up, too... :-/

Uwk
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  19. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

It is on the housing window that you can call up while in the dungeon with the /house command.

Basically, unless you set access specifically, not even your alts can see the dungeon. You have to trustee each one manually.

That's why we have been nudging folks to tell us if they need/want access to the giveaway dungeons, as they can't see the dungeons unless we set them for it.
  20. Elinea Well-Known Member

Could you give access to Elinea and Keelynn?