Half elf hair color is approximate

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Semperfifofum, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I like half elves. But the hair. I've spent more hours in the barber shop with my half elves than any other race.

If it's old model, then if it's a woman, it's medusa hair. If a man, then it's metrosexual streaks of color. I succeeded briefly in making one's hair color simple natural brown but now that eludes me again. And at least my coercer should look a little "helter skelter" so that's ok.

But I got totally frustrated so I switched to alternate models.

Now the hair color is literally approximate. One time, I had it at a nice ashy blonde... when I clicked accept... it turned into pink! A peachy-pink. I had it like that for a while.. at least it cut down on the alt-model's severe look. I swear it's like the "I just drank vinegar" facial expression. Even if I try to make her smile, it just looks the same.

I think for the moment I'm going back tot he old models and just picking the braid for a while. I need to detox all this stress.

But could the models be checked for whether or not the preview and the results actually match please? ((hugs)) offered.
    Soara2 and Rosyposy like this.
  2. EmJay Well-Known Member

I had a similar problem with the coloring of the alternate model half elf and wood elf hair. I'm always trying to get some shade of brown and it looks brown in the styling window, but when I accept it's blond, always blond. This has been going on for months and months. The other day I was going through the lighting options and turned off one of the specular lightings and lo and behold, I got brown!
  3. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

one of the main reasons i play aerakyns, they're not duckfaced and i can get any colouring i want (except red or true black for their wings) for their hair etc. some of the other races are seriously messed up, then again i used to do character design so i'm more than a little picky about what i like. my current toons i choose a dark base and then the light highlighter and i usually get a nice two-toned in the shades i want.
    Rosyposy likes this.