Halas and the Crusade for Bare Knees

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-Seidhkona, Jul 5, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Davinuis Guest

seriously Guys my barbarian wants to wear his kilt again! A barbarian can't very well be a proud New halasian without his kilt!! And the polar bear hats Throw those in too! Since you've made us wait so long after announcing that you wanted to put kilts into the game to keep people from throwing their keyboards and monitors at ya!
  2. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

There is confirmation! Even Freeborn vampires will look good in kilts!
    [IMG]
  3. ARCHIVED-Artalis the Elder Guest

Nice to see you haven't give up the fight.
  4. ARCHIVED-kelvmor Guest

Screw the kilt, I just want that axe and sword.
  5. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

The axe design is easy to find. I know there are some wide bladed machete type swords in the game as well.
  6. ARCHIVED-Barbai Guest

I"m sorry but on the vamp it looks much more like a skirt then a kilt to me. Maybe I just seen to many twilight jokes on the internet now.
  7. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

The crusade for kilts is not forgotten!
    First, just to show that women in short kilts is not a purely Catholic schoolgirl thing:
    [IMG]

More women in kilts...
    [IMG]

And men in kilts!
    [IMG]
  8. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

And I found some more early EQ kilt pics!
    [IMG] [IMG]
    [IMG] [IMG]
    [IMG]
  9. ARCHIVED-Vexil Guest

This was recently answered by Covic.

"Update is that we started them and where trying to figure a way around skinning issues. Well our new graphic programmer says he can give me better skinning code. Right now a vert (point at the edge of polygon) can only have two bone influences, making it really hard for long skirt type cloth. Well Alex our graphic programer says he can get me 4 influences. Its on his task list for about april. Then we will probably block more time for the creating of kilt art assets."

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=494086
  10. ARCHIVED-ElnAckom Guest

Standard: Iksar.
    Sesky, as a female: Chiksar.
    Sesky in a kilt... McSar?
  11. ARCHIVED-Pink_Poodle Guest

I hope this means we'll get regular skirts too. Maybe eventually EGL. :3
  12. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

13. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Would be cool to have a Templar Outfit.

Wearing a Plated Skirt and Armored Chestplate[IMG]
    Of course, not exactly THIS, but I would love to see Skirted Armor like this for, Paladins and Templars, maybe SOE can start making entire sets for each class for a new level 100 quest line?
  14. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

Failathion@Nagafen wrote:
    I'd be totally down with this, if it's PLAID!
  15. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Sigrdrifa@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Any idea what the female version will look like? Still they might want to fix the bones of the knees as well...
  16. ARCHIVED-Emerix Guest

Are you saying these proper skirts are actually coming?
  17. ARCHIVED-kelvmor Guest

That image is concept art from like...2002, 2003?
  18. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

Aviola@Splitpaw wrote:
    Covic said: "Update is that we started them and where trying to figure a way around skinning issues. Well our new graphic programmer says he can give me better skinning code. Right now a vert (point at the edge of polygon) can only have two bone influences, making it really hard for long skirt type cloth. Well Alex our graphic programer says he can get me 4 influences. Its on his task list for about april. Then we will probably block more time for the creating of kilt art assets."

19. ARCHIVED-tigressb Guest

It'd be awesome to see the barbarian heritage armor be a kilt - it's only fitting! (And you know that's how they're going to implement it, more than likely.)
    So we've seen dark elf, ogre, gnome, human, and erudite thus far - what's going to be next? I vote barbarian!
  20. ARCHIVED-Beef_Supreme Guest

Charbryn@Crushbone wrote:
    +1! Just be sure to give us a variety of colors on the Kilts, and go with the old EQ1 leather or plate appearance for the rest :D
    Polar Bear helms?