Halas and the Crusade for Bare Knees

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-Seidhkona, Jul 5, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

Long ago, in the ancient mists of cold and time, the people of Halas had a national costume. The kilt is the barbarian's proper dress! Whether made of leather, or woven in bold tartans, the kilt was the garment of Halasian men and women.
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]
    Why was this heroes' garment lost? Should we of Halas bring the banner of war against the elven tailors of our diminished world?
    I say NO! The rumors tell us that Halas may be rediscovered. I know that in the home of my people are the kilts laid reverently to rest in cedar chests and preserved for the sons and daughters of Halas!
    Kilts for Barbarians!
    Get those tailors back to work weaving plaid! THIS is what a Halasian SHOULD look like!
    [IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

If they put Kilts into the game for Barbarians, it would become an appearance choice for *ALL* races. The game's armor system *CANNOT* be set to a specific race. It can't and doesn't work that way. It's all or nothing.
    So if you don't mind having the Iksar, Ogres, High Elves, Frogloks, Trolls, and Erudites wearing kilts as well, then bring them into the game!
  3. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    It would be great to have a kilted Iksar :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

*suddenly imagines a kilted lizard with a bad scottisssssssssssssssssssssssssh accent*

5. ARCHIVED-Dragowulf2 Guest

That chick looks whacked out of her mind.

I'd like my Male Erudite Coercer to wear a kilt.
  6. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

Dragowulf@Nagafen wrote:
    I'm happy for others to wear my national dress. And yes, of Bonekeeper we say "That girl ain't right!". She hasn't been right since she was a little girl.
  7. ARCHIVED-GrunEQ Guest

Kilts, bardics, dirks on legs, sporins....bring them on!!
  8. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

I can see Iksar wearing Chokadai Leather Kilts! Hmmm Perhaps theQeynosian Iksar Monks might move to Halas.....
  9. ARCHIVED-KniteShayd Guest

YAY! I have been posting for them to make Racial sets for a Looooong time!
    I Would love to have this in game for Barbs!
  10. ARCHIVED-Rorasis Guest

omg. MUST HAVE KILTED IKSAR.
  11. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Bandorn@Venekor wrote:
    As I said, it's all or nothing, that's technically how the armor system works. Armor is built for classes, not races. They can't make kilts for Barbarians unless they make kilts for everyone.
  12. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Since we have the racial quests when we first get to our cities, obviously there is a game mechanic for recognizing ethnicity in game... but I honestly do not care who is in a kilt, so long as I am!
  13. ARCHIVED-eqaddictedfool Guest

who said barbarians still lived in Halas?
  14. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

Tisera@Unrest wrote:
    The Halasians don't have to be there. So long as either a cache of garments is, or even wall paintings and old sculptures that will inspire the tailors of the world.
  15. ARCHIVED-GlitterPaws Guest

Overheard in a New Halas pub...."Bah! ya great scaley....thing....ya dinna know how ta play darts at'al! Pick a winda!!"
    Okay, okay so it's a little Scots-Irish....the pub is in the New Kilwinning borough. Aulde lace makers and ale drin-brewers.
  16. ARCHIVED-zeerobot Guest

I know a strapping young Halasian man I'd love to see in a kilt, so I'll say yes to this
  17. ARCHIVED-shadowscale Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    yes please!!
  18. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    THey have said many times that each armour appearance needs to be created specifically for each gender and race. Makes me wonder if they could make a single item that has different appearances hooked up to each individual race/gender combo.
    An example of this is the tailor made appearance clothing. If you put formal male clothing on a female toon, it has the appearance of the formal female clothing. If that also applied to races, it would be possible to add race specific appearances at an art level, even if it were not done at an item level.
  19. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Noaani wrote:
    You only need to look at what Sarnak look like in various armors to see that is exactly what they've done for them. The gloves, boots, and helms are the most notable examples (same with frogloks).
  20. ARCHIVED-shadowscale Guest

i also wouldent mind the return of the iksar loincloths from EQ1. anything to show more leg really.