H1Z1 - questions

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Heinzy, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Heinzy Active Member

For all access ppl do we know what it means?
    Early access? Full access?

I guess I'm asking if anyone has heard any details?

Thank you
  2. Raff Well-Known Member

I think the alpha is releasing on steam only. Costs to play it also.
  3. Raff Well-Known Member

All Access does not apply for some reason
  4. Feldon Well-Known Member

5. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

You are aware that if no company made a "clone" of another game, we would have no new games on the market? :p Nice thing about competition, use someones idea and turn it into a better one (in their eyes a better one).

I am actually looking forward to H1Z1 and I have zero interest in DayZ. Just looks like a better game all around imo. I don't think all access will give any sort of early access to the game since as was mentioned above this will be on Steam. Unless its not exclusive to Steam. Although I kinda hope it is (better chance of Steam achievements :p). I doubt all access will get any sort of benefit in early access, thats probably saved until release.
  6. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

Well SoE completely messed it up again. The money greed is terrible.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/2slh9c/****_storm_right_now_happening_right_now_at_rh1z1/

Basically they promised NO pay to win features in this game. Everything bought via the market place is PURE cosmetic they said (Anyone remember Smed promising this in EQ2 too?). But now you can buy aircrafts, which give you a chance to get food, meds and strong weapons. This decision has been made just on release day, before that it was officialy said that no pay to win items will be ingame. Crazy, I'll keep my finger off this.
    Feldon likes this.
  7. Glassjaw Active Member

What is the appeal to H1Z1? All of the videos I have seen it has poor graphics and I saw maybe 1 zombie within 50 minutes of game play.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  8. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

Not sure how the decision was "just made". I knew about those aircrafts for MONTHS. It was said on a stream and even showed off that feature. The aircrafts can be purchased and it alerts EVERYONE in the area that an aircraft put down a shipment. So you have to fight for it. Someone that didn't even buy the aircraft can get it, and the one that did won't even get anything. Its a risk that you have to take. Unless they changed it, that was announced a few months ago.

And I did find it funny, that it released 1 day ago (as an alpha release I might add), and people are crying wolf because of a feature that *could* be bugged with it dropping near you. It was said the airdrops would drop a decent distance away. If they changed it and its supposed to drop near you, then yea that sucks lol.

(and yes it was announced 8 months ago, off stream as well: http://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comments/23osv8/air_drops_in_h1z1/ )
  9. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

Aircrafts were announced with cosmetical things, not with weapons, meds or food. They said it in several videos and several interviews. People been quoting smed and the other devs whole day in these rage threads. You should read them on your own, its quite classic and fun lol.
  10. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

This said Smed:

“We are not interested in selling weapons,” Smedley wrote last year. “Weapons are only acquired by crafting or exploring and finding one. We are not selling power.”

There is a dev quote which is even more clear but i cant find it right now.

Edit: here is the other smed quote:

“We will NOT be selling Guns, Ammo, Food, Water… i.e. That’s kind of the whole game and it would suck in our opinion if we did that.”
    Feldon likes this.
  11. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

For years now Smed has said stuff that always goes against what he said before, thats how he rolls :p Technically they ain't selling guns, they are giving you a chance at guns. Unless its not a bug, the airdrops are supposed to create chaos, and even attract zombies to make it funner to try and get. Now, if you can go in and directly buy guns and have a 100% chance to get it, then yea I would be against it and not want it. Right now I am hoping the airdrops are just bugged and not supposed to drop at your feet.
  12. oldskool Active Member