Gut Ripper

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Ardrek, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Ardrek Member

tried to this quest, it's simple enough except for the last part.
    lumberjack overseer Driver Ughar NEVER spawns, at least not where everyone says he's supposed to spawn which is inside the lumber mill.

Why do they both with non-spawns? I wouldn't need to buy an instant 85 character if the stupid game would just let me do the quests instead of waiting an hour for a non-spawn and deleting the quest. What good is a quest that people just delete because they have leveled out of the zone waiting for the non-spawn?

essentially one 1 person ( or group assuming more than one could actually get the rare drop that starts this quest ) can do this quest at a time on the server for at least 1 hour or more.

which brings me to the other point, why the rare drop here. this should have been a group drop so everyone could enjoy non-spawn together. asking someone else to wait around for the quest only you have is impossible.
  2. Lucus Well-Known Member

When i ran that quest a while ago i didn't have any problems.

With that said you cant always expect quest mobs or bosses to be up you need to be patient sometimes and go do other things then check back later on.
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

I have to ask when people can't find a mob, did you kill the placeholders?

In the older parts of the game mobs often have placeholders or otherwise share a spawn timer. That's for named as well as regular mobs. A couple rounds of killing the orcs in the mill & Ughar should pop.

And just because I can, I ran over & looked. And there he's standing right where he has been spawning for nearly 10 years.
    Ragna likes this.
  4. Lyonhearrt New Member

lol, every time I ran past there Ughar was there. It wasn't until I was on the quest that he went missing. And yes, I've killed rounds of orcs and yes placeholders. I every once in awhile I run over there to see if he is around but after a few months its not worth it.
  5. Tetrol Well-Known Member

Agree with OP. This mob can go missing for weeks of logging in repeatedly. There is no direct ph but even killing everything around makes no apparent difference
  6. Robynous Well-Known Member

7. Finora Well-Known Member

Just to see, I ran out to the mill where he spawns & killed the orcs there.
    2 rounds, Ughar spawned.
    Maybe I was incredibly lucky getting him to pop, but there doesn't seem to be a problem with him other than he's like any other named with a placeholder & it can take several rounds of placeholder killing to get him to pop.
  8. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

I did that quest a month ago and it took a little while but i ran around doing other quests, stopping by to clear lumbermill, and he spawned on second pass
    Xianthia and Finora like this.