Guk TS instance

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Mermut, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I've been running the instance on one character every day, sometimes even twice in one day because of a long play session ... only yesterday she harvested the no-trade shiny. I've gotten the no-trade shiny on other characters, however they weren't the "main" I wanted the book on. So didn't do without, but the no-trade seems strangely elusive on some characters.

/in before posts about RNG being fickle
  2. Cragfire Well-Known Member

I have yet to see it and run the zone daily.. I'm about temped to do what many did to get it faster... get the quest, run the zone without killing the king, leave, hour later reset the zone, repeat.. It's how some got the nails book in just a day or two after zone-launch.

The quest gives farsea tokens, cant we just buy the thing for like 500 tokens and a million status or something?
  3. Cragfire Well-Known Member

I gave up... and sold two essences of magic and bought the finished book off the broker.. Others seem to be doing the same.. There were a half dozen books on the market and I just picked up the last one. I wonder if that no-trade nail just plum stopped dropping altogether...
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I ran four characters through the zone, one got the no-trade rubicite nail three times but never got xegonite. The other three found everything but the rare until yesterday when all three finally finished the collection. My husband got the rare on his second run and finished the collection from my spares;)
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I had the same results. I have gotten the no-trade rubicite 4 times and no xegonite. I got the no-trade the first time on my first time in the instance.
    Lateana likes this.
  6. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Maybe next time, they could make the rare piece heirloom. I really only wanted to finish the collection on my main.
  7. Scalo Active Member

the mission is relatively fast (15 min or so - one combine) so I wish it counted for the weekly TS.

to increase chances for no-trade run the zone multiple times a day - just dont kill the final boss. and ofc have your lucky rabbit paw in the bag, if you still dont.
  8. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

I've done the quest several times on my carpenter , and gotten some of the recipes that are for sale for tears tokens by the status merchant in coliseum of valor ..seemed like a deal to me I've gotten the no trade shines a few times they have a nice status point count on them when i sell to the status merchant
  9. Apatah New Member

Over 63 runs, still no Rubicite Nail. DBG, stop smoking that fat one and adjust the rare. This nail isn't rare. It's now ridiculous.

I've gotten the other nails sooooooo many times, I can rebuild Guk ten-fold. Seriously, DBG, you need to do something about this.
    Blazen likes this.