Guilds that don't use voice?

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Mowse, May 23, 2019.

1. Mowse Well-Known Member

Any guilds on Kaladim or Skyfire or Ab or? that doesn't primarily use voice in gameplay. For Reasons I don't use voice and am finding that if you are not plugged in you miss a lot in the guild. Start to feel pretty isolated.
    splatterpunk28, Seefar, Dude and 2 others like this.
  2. mothelm Active Member

hello mowse....we are a small progression guild on AB we do use voice to raid...but microphones are not required..... only hearing ....otherwise a lot of our comms is in text even on discord

if you are interested please contact anyone in [Rewind]....well be happy to hear from you

Eixx ....leader of rewind
    ConcealFate, Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  3. Soara2 Well-Known Member

I hate VC as well. Seemed like most guilds on Skyfire I was in wouldn't promote me because I don't use it. I have music on when I play or I am on the phone. I made my own because of it. However I am the only one who plays anymore in the guild so you would be pretty lonely in mine.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  4. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

If you are looking for a guild on Kaladim, Court of the Blood Rose uses text chat, not voice.
    ConcealFate, Seefar, Soara2 and 3 others like this.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Contact Aska, Salem, Naxremis, Dezraath, Mercy, Runa, Silverdegan, or any other member and have them put you in touch with one of the leaders online at the moment or one of the officers.
    ConcealFate, Soara2, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I don't mind the in game chat but so many guilds require you use Discord now
    when I turn on my task manager Discord appears as 4 items 32 bit each all of the Everquest client is only 32 bit
    that's just insane so no wonder I get so much lag I keep on crashing when I zone.
    And hi Mowse I seen you in game.:D
  7. Mowse Well-Known Member

My mowse had to add a U in her name at server merge
  8. Mowse Well-Known Member

Thank you all for responses. Lots of ideas coming. Cyrenna what server you on? Currently am on kaladim ... skyfire definately my home
    ConcealFate, Cyrrena, Soara2 and 2 others like this.
  9. Elyria Well-Known Member

on AB, you can look for Grave Intent. You do have to have Discord, but only so you can have access to guild news stuff; you don't have to always be in it or anything. You do Not have to use voice (i don't;)). i just use guild chat within game.
    Soara2 likes this.
  10. Zenji Well-Known Member

I understand there are reasons some people would like to avoid voice chat, however if Discord is causing you lag in game, you may have bigger PC or bandwidth issues.
    ConcealFate, Soara2 and Dude like this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The names provided are for Kaladim. AB is my main server.
    ConcealFate, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Zenji I am playing on a laptop
    apparently other people have problems too , because I have been told to run Discord on a phone , or a second laptop.
    my problem is my phone does not run anything it might as well be a brick that rings , and shish not everybody can afford all that new stuff.
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  13. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

I'l love to use voice chat, just as long as nobody spoke in it. :p Being the crotchety old curmudgeon, I can honestly report that 96.341 percent of all voice chatter is typically non-game related.

Some people just want to talk to talk. Be it their 900th cat just had more kittens...the yard needs mowing...etc et al.

I've yet to hear "hey, I need to learn how to actually tank / etc" type of questions - or questions pertaining to how to get the characters performing better in a group setting.

So I don't use it, and I wont allow my ears to be held hostage to someone advertising their website / company / etsy store for hours on end.

If you want my input, just ask a question directly, via the keyboard - like everyone's been doing since the dawn of computer games. I'm also not a big fan of repeating myself, but that's on me. Generally, a typed response can be screenshotted / saved / scrolled up - so I don't have to say "you get X item via X quest / etc" for the 40th time as other folks decide to pay attention to voice. Again, my crotchety old man syndrome.

edit:

also, if you find yourself in a situation where you have to have a separate discord / etc / whatever... I mean, c'mon. This aint rocket science - a bajillion wikis are created literally 2 or 3 days after a new quest is introduced for everyone to research / google / etc.

Between the Guild MOTD / in game mail / chat channels - theres plenty of ways to distribute "guild news" rather than relying on discord or some other goofy thing.

Oh, and also - if theres an offer of 1000 to 5000 plat a day for working in some "industry" - it may be a hoax.
    Soara2, Kittybock, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  14. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Heh, but I wanted to tell you my yard needs mowed. :p

That said, I don't mind folks not being on voice...except when grouping. I prefer voice for groups. We do discuss lots of info in Guild voice on characters/gear/upgrades. I hate typing it over and over for each person that asks.
    Soara2, Raff, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  15. Seefar Well-Known Member

Hi Mowse :) On Halls of Fate, you could try the Lonewolf guild. I try to discourage the use of voice chat because reasons.

Here's hoping you find what you're looking for!
    Soara2, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  16. Zerisa1 New Member

I am finding guilds do use chat just to chat. On and on and on. If I turn it off I end up missing plans to group. Hard finding middle ground.
    Cyrrena, ConcealFate and Seefar like this.
  17. Balcerak Well-Known Member

There are guilds that require full voice chat. Others just require you be able to hear chat and respond in guild text chat. (These are mostly raiding requirements) But always good to ask about when thinking of joining a guild. Are there any that accommodate those that cannot hear chat? Or just don't want to hear it? I suppose. Good thing to ask.
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.