Guildportal.com shutting down?

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Rose, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Rose Well-Known Member

Just logged into our guild website and saw notice at top of page that "GuildPortal will be going offline (permanently) by the end of the month." http://www.guildportal.com/

I was not sure if anyone else was aware of this, especially if they have been using the site for their guild website, so I thought I would post it here (since this is the forum that is used to post our guild websites and information). If you are aware of it, please post some more information on what is going on, if you know. Also, could you list some other free guild hosting websites for those of us who have been using this site.

Thank you,
    Rose
  2. Caela Well-Known Member

Rose likes this.
  3. Goregutts Active Member

Rose likes this.
  4. Feldon Well-Known Member

I've been talking to the Guildlaunch guys about Census support which should make things a bit easier to use their site.
    Rose likes this.
  5. Feldon Well-Known Member

6. Enoibia Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update, Feldon.
    Rose likes this.
  7. Sudedor Well-Known Member

Guildportal is terrible. Enjin is much, much better.
    Rose likes this.
  8. Feldon Well-Known Member

Despite having zero Roster, API, or Tooltip support?

Also looked at DKPSystem. Their item linking/tooltips are from Zam.
    Rose likes this.
  9. Sudedor Well-Known Member

Yes. In spite of all that, Enjin is a superior guild platform. It's that good.
    Rose likes this.
  10. ZUES Well-Known Member

Honestly I don't like either. I'm not a big fan of their admin options. Plus, I hate websites that put this tiny little stripe down the middle of the screen and ignore the valuable real estate on the sides. Pretty much everyone in the industrialized world has a wide screen monitor by now.

Wix website with built in PHPBB forums is the best way to go.
    Rose likes this.