Guildhall - our village.

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Badhealer, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Badhealer Active Member

We moved from a T1 hall to a T2 hall, so it was back to the drawing board. (I am starting to run out of ideas). Have not started on the basement. I wanted to share my works, I know this is not a 'player home' so I hope it is ok to post on this thread.

Our guild is on the HoF server, hall is in Qeynos. Guild 'Crimson Rose'. We are a husband & Wife team. Feel free to stop by and say hi.

Entry courtyard.
    [IMG]

Dojo
    [IMG]

Garden
    [IMG]

Entry to the Library
    [IMG]

Beginnings of a library.
    [IMG]

Portals to player housing / transition area
    [IMG]

Crafting area:
    [IMG]

Frostfell crafting area.
    [IMG]
  2. Merriel Well-Known Member

Very lovely! I will have to come check this guild hall out in person soon, if for no other reason than to see what that awesome emblem is that you have on the walls in your crafting room (am suspecting that it's part of the original skin of the guild hall?) If it is part of the original skin in the GH, I've never noticed it before and you've made it stand out very nicely. I really like how you framed the white marble in for the dojo, to give it that dojo ambiance. I also like the dedicated area for Frostfell crafting. :)
  3. Geden Well-Known Member

I will definitely have to visit in person, your work makes it truly feel like a cozy place to gather for guild mates. I especially like the separate Frostfell crafting area - such a great way to remember the season!
  4. Badhealer Active Member

Thank you for you flattering comments. Yes the emblems in the crafting hall are what came with the building.
    The Dojo is not marble, they are the back side of painting.

There is still so much left unfinished. I want to make living quarters in the basement, just haven't found inspiration on what I am going to do.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

This is very creative, you did an amazing job! I don't have any toons on HoF currently but I may make one just to tour this hall. :)
  6. Wizzam Well-Known Member

You certainly have that "Wow factor" with that courtyard! GORGEOUS!
  7. Febrith Well-Known Member

I went to visit and wished I could vote - I love the Courtyard and the frostfell crafting area in particular - I wouldn't have known where I was if it weren't for the music - brilliant job making it look completely different and interesting:)
  8. Zindi Member

I definitely will visit this guild hall in person! From the screenshot, I have to say the crafting hall is very nicely done! Love the combo of the wood and stone and the sky light!
  9. Goldinrae Active Member

Love your place! I stopped by today and it was great to look around. I particularly liked the entrance courtyard. Makes the whole thing look and feel so different. Hubby happened to glance over my shoulder and he took some convincing that I was in a guildhall that started out looking like our own :)
  10. Valzen Well-Known Member

Awesome guildhall! It's good to see someone else step out of the box and make the hall appear as the lobby, etc are outside. I questioned mine when I first did ours like this. Ended up liking it more as time went by. Now I won't change it. It's grown on me. The thing that bothered me the most were not getting the cloudy squares to behave the way I wanted. You did fabulous with yours!! :)
  11. Badhealer Active Member

I layered misty tiles slightly under the cloudy squares, I think it adds a better effect and hides the seams better.
    I wanted our hall to look different, so I am working on re-skinning the whole place. Believe it or not, I am trying really hard to limit textures.. but the place still loads too slowly for me.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Valzen like this.
  12. Valzen Well-Known Member

Great idea with those tiles. I might use them that way sometime.

Yes load times are an issue. I've experimented and discovered that it's more the animations of water and special lighting effects that cause loads to be slower for me but that might just be how I have video settings.
  13. Zindi Member

This place is definitely more amazing in person! The courtyard is so perfectly done with every piece of wood and rock neatly fit in. Great transformation! Love it!
  14. Badhealer Active Member

I poked around your homes a bit, I can definitely see why you are at the top of the leaderboards and in the hall of fame. I am humbled that you liked my work so far on the guild hall.

The 'land of designs' is amazing. It would take all day to visit all your homes. I hope you don't mind if I 'splash' a few ideas, your very creative & talented.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Me too! That's brilliant! :)

Uwk
    Badhealer likes this.
  16. Katz Well-Known Member

I visited this in person today. I loved how the guild hall NPCs have their own themed areas. The courtyard and crafting areas are very attractive. I loved how you created a dark stormy day feeling to the druid ring area. Please update us with your progress. I look forward to seeing what else you do.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And yeah, it's perfectly fine to post on this thread; we're mostly all about the decorating here, and Guild Halls are among our favorites! :)

Uwk
    Badhealer likes this.