Guild Wars 2

Discussion in 'Non-Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Tayne, Apr 27, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Raffir Guest

Yep...you're right. Deleted that.
    Raf
  2. ARCHIVED-Hoshinokoe Guest

Raffir wrote:
    If you're going to post something at least stand behind it, otherwise just don't post it. I edited my post to reply to your other comment.
  3. ARCHIVED-Raffir Guest

Hoshinokoe wrote:
    I'll post whatever I feel like posting. And delete the comments where I feel I may have overstepped. "Gamers" irritate me sometimes and my temper gets the best of me in the forums.
    After I cool off..I think..."ya know, that could have been handled better". Hence, the deletions.
    Tough luck if you don't like it though.
    Raf
  4. ARCHIVED-Tayne Guest

Hoshinokoe wrote:
    Lol how is asking if EQ2 is any fun anymore insulting? I think it's a legitimate question that all longstanding mmo's struggle with. This thread has been interesting. I find, and this is just me, that the detractors in ths thread have been far more aggressive and insulting in their views ... But I'm ok with that. I am greatly enjoying GW2 but I can see how it's not for everyone.
    But I would suggest what you said above was far more insulting ... And not just to Raff. Read how you phrased it and if you cant see how abrasive that is, then fine.
    In any event, some of you hate it. That's fine and I encourage you all to share your views in this thread ... Good or bad, let's not derail it with poo-flinging.
  5. ARCHIVED-Assid Guest

just paid AN 55 euros and installing the game right now. finally uninstalled eq2.
  6. ARCHIVED-Freejazzlive Guest

As I've stated a couple times: EQ2 is still a lot of fun for me, which is one of the biggest reasons I've not yet made the move.
    I've no idea whether or not I would like GW2, so I'm not saying one way or the other. I'm just saying I can't see the incentive to go spend $60 on a brand-new flavor-of-the-month, when the game I'm playing right now is mostly entertaining me.
    It's killing me to not be gaming with my BMMOFF (best MMO friend forever) in GW2; she's imploring me to make the jump & constantly sending me screen shots & gushing over how awesome this game is. But I have to put my foot down & draw a line in the sand, & at this point, that line is labeled "end of October." Despite everything SOE seems to be doing to deliberately push its player base to GW2, I'm not moving ... yet.
  7. ARCHIVED-Raffir Guest

Sixten@Crushbone wrote:
    I didn't go that far. I haven't been playing EQ2 for since GW2 went live. But I'm not going to say I won't come back and play here either. Especially if EQ2 puts in new overland content.
    Raf
  8. ARCHIVED-Freejazzlive Guest

I have to assume that everyone is too busy playing this epic game to post about it any more, since the last post was slightly more than 2 weeks ago.
    FWIW, I can't remember the last time I saw my older brother & nephew logging in. They're more likely to be playing Borderlands 2 these days, & when they're not, they're playing other games that aren't GW2.
  9. ARCHIVED-Iad Guest

Or maybe they realized posting about GW2 on an EQ2 forum was silly?
    The game is great, but certainly lacks meaningful pve end game content. For an mmo with no sub, it was well worth the price for me.
  10. ARCHIVED-Daysy Guest

Having a new world to explore is always fun and the imaginative variety in the heart quests is enjoyable. I'll play GW2 until I've exhausted the content that interests me, but I'll keep playing EQ2 at the same time, because I enjoy being a healer, and in GW2 that's not feasible.
  11. ARCHIVED-Assid Guest

gw2 entertains me. I play every night and a little bit too long because I have so much to do. So far the game is what I expected. No game will ever offer the level of detail that eq2 used to have, because devs dont belive details are profitable.
  12. ARCHIVED-Trinral Guest

Iad wrote:
    Pretty much.

Talking about the release of GW2 on an EQ2 forum, will eventually run out of steam. Some of the players who left for GW2 will trickle back. Some will not. Some people play both. Some people will quit MMOs.

GW2 has a greater focus on PVP than EQ2, so it is not suprising that a PVP game does not offer the same extent of PVE content. But who knows what GW2 will release in the future?

Will GW2 do well, or be an epic flop like SWTOR? Personally, I think the makers of GW2 will do OK for themselves. The first challenge for an MMO is to incite a tsunami of players at launch, so they can quickly recoup their investment expenses (GW2 nailed it). The second challenge is retaining a respectable playerbase, and only time will tell.
  13. ARCHIVED-thephantomposter Guest

After reading these posts, I really wanted to try it. Growing tired of EQ2, need a break. I have tried WoW, LotRs, SWtOR, Secret World, Rift etc and nothing really captured my interest.
    Played for 30 minutes already and I must say, it caught my attention right away. If anyone is on the fence about trying GW2, to thumbs up coming from a very picky gamer!
  14. ARCHIVED-Kasar Guest

Avirodar@Oasis wrote:
    They've promised many, many additions, we have to wait and see if they follow through. Player housing was one, and their current system looks like it could handle persistent individual instances for housing without major rework. Making the online editor will probably take some time though.
    They're still fleshing out the PVE zones, and I prefer frequent small additions so you know they're still there. Since it's not a subscription based game, it seems less important than one with players paying monthly and seeing nothing new.
  15. ARCHIVED-Raffir Guest

Its a good game. I've been playing it far more than I thought I ever would. Just sign into EQ2 once in awhile to pay Guild Hall rent. We aren't letting go totally. But, all of our Guild except 2 (still here) are playing it. Never had much in the way of free time for gaming, but what I do have, I've been using there.
    Mostly, though...its all new and I love exploring with lots of alts.
  16. ARCHIVED-stgninja Guest

I like Guild Wars 2 but I'm getting burnt out on it and had the itch to come back to EQ2. I'm just glad GW2 is F2P so I won't feel like I'm wasting money on a game that I won't be playing for a while.
  17. ARCHIVED-Tayne Guest

Still playing, still obsessed, still not bored. :)
    Oh and here's a screenie from one of their current halloween events -- the Mad King made an appearance and opened a portal! Twas pretty cool. :)

[IMG]
  18. ARCHIVED-Caela Guest

My play time has greatly dropped off. Mostly because I'm just too busy in real life. Hubby is still playing a lot though.
    I did log into EQ2 this weekend - got my crafting up to 92, and went into Sleepers Tomb for the first time. And I'm looking forward to the expansion (mostly tradeskill related reasons).
    So I imagine I'll be playing more EQ2 during weekdays, and probably some GW2 on weekends. That is when I have free time... I should have more free time after Christmas for a few months before spring activities start up.