Guild recruitment screen

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mowse, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Mowse Well-Known Member

I have a little guild on fallengate. When in character I check to see if guild appears when searching for guilds and my little guild never shows. I have “recruiting” checked on character. Also I notice when looking at eq2u it is stated “ not recruiting at this time”. What am I missing? We are level 17 guild
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I am not positive, but I don't think you can see a guild you already belong to on the recruiting page.

As for EQ2U, if will depend on when you checked recruiting versus the last update to EQ2U.
  3. Mowse Well-Known Member

Thank you for that. Will check while in a different guild
  4. Mowse Well-Known Member

I can see guild recruitment in other guild. Is it a guild level requirement? If so that would defeat purpose
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I don't believe it is a guild level requirement.

I have wondered how many of the guilds that show on the recruiting page are actually still active. I believe as long as there is at least one member still in the guild whether they play or not, if they have the recruiting function turned on that guild will still show in the recruiting page. I think it would be beneficial if the recruiting page could be sorted in some manner so a prospective member could see information on activity in the guild.
  6. Aezazal Member

In order for the guild to show on the recruitment page, someone with guild recruiting privileges has to be online, and their "recruiting for guild" box checked.
    GrunEQ and Breanna like this.
  7. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Right click your name on the roster window and make sure you are marked as a recruiter.

Then on the recruiting tab, there is a tick box in bottom left I think it is, "Recruiting for guild".

If both are these are on, you should be good.
  8. Earar Well-Known Member

the more recruiters online ... the better its positioning on the guild recrutment window.

also, you can see your own guild in the recrutment window
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

That is why I said I was not positive, I never looked for my own guild and I wouldn't recruit that way any way. I would recruit by actually talking to people so I got people that would mesh with my guild.
  10. Mowse Well-Known Member

I tested on my guild in another server. You can see your own guild. I was the only player of guild there. All boxes checked. I put in petition and bug
  11. Bhayar Well-Known Member

A couple of things can trip you up and I quickly scanned the above messages, so I may have missed it if someone hit all three:
    1) Typically, only someone with guild leader status can actually set the member level at which members can actually recruit.
    2) You must manually set someone as a guild "recruiter."
    3) Make sure your "recruiting for guild" button is active.

If you've done all three, then yes, I'd report it.