Guild pages with guild forum?

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Darn, Mar 31, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Darn Guest

I have a question: before the revamp of the EQ2players page there was a website for each guild automatically generated which had the rooster and where screens and such could be put. And it had a forum for the guild if the guild choose to activate it.
    This is now gone it seems. Any intention to put it back in? Because I have seen something with our guild that seems to be a rather ongoing theme. Someone in the guild makes maybe a website (private), then only this person can administrate it or has access to some stuff or even understands the proprietary system. And when that person fades away the site is dead or useless and its content lost finally.
    Our website for example had so many stories, quest walkthroughs etc. - before the guild leader stepped down for real life and finally closed it. There is a lot of information and memory gone with it. And I believe EQ2 bases on the history people build with each other and each time such a site gets lost it tears out a chunk of memory and rooting at least for me. So I think having something for a guild that stays independently of it online would be helpful to keep people there and not feel suddenly loosing their footing - or coming back to their page and forums and guilds, revive them after a while maybe. Or at least transfer threads etc. into the new guild they fuse with or whatever happens.
  2. ARCHIVED-Elizardbeth Guest

I second this request. Our small guild never had anyone with enough time or the expertise to set up a regular guild website, so we used to depend on the EQ2Players generated one. Needless to say, we are pretty lost without it.
  3. ARCHIVED-Mordies Guest