Guild names + Maj'Dul

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by DraggoX, Oct 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DraggoX Member

So when changing from Crushbone to Maj'Dul we lost the name to our guild. Which all of us understood was a possibility. However we appear to have lost a Lvl 100 guild with 109 accounts to a lvl 7 Guild with 4 accounts and it appears as though they are no longer active. We posted /petitions and were told to bring it to the forums. When discussing how characters and guilds would be treated it was stated it would be done by account age and activity. Age was certainly considered into the new server however account activity clearly was not. Us Triadians of Crushbone would like this changed and we be looking forward to responses.

Thanks,

Draggo Xaverian of the newly known guild TriadZZzzzzzz
    flameweaver and Coriel like this.
  2. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

3. Coriel Active Member

Welcome to my world.
    CS told me to /feedback and post here, in order to reach out to the community manager and developers.
    [IMG]
    flameweaver and Anaranj like this.
  4. Enymac Member

Same thing for Bloodlust of the Oasis server.

Bloodlust is level 100 has 579 accounts and was formed 2005 on June 11th we were part of the Oasis server.
    We have had our name changed to Bloodlustzx. I have been an active member with various accounts since it's inception.

The guild that got to keep the name of Bloodlust was formed 2005 on March 20th it is level 4, it has 4 accounts,
    and it has not been active for about a DECADE. It was last known as a Butcherblock guild.

I am the guild leader of Bloodlust and I am far from pleased with this decision.

Some of us have bought URL's based on our guild names.

Guild names should have been based on activity level, like say the last time an officer of the guild logged in, not on creation date.
    Reward the active players, don't punish us because somebody created and quit a guild over a decade ago.
    Asavi, flameweaver, DraggoX and 2 others like this.
  5. Coriel Active Member

I have full understanding for a default naming and renaming procedure. For the actual procedure of merging and naming. Not for all eternity.

All the three cases mentioned in this thread are VERY distinct. We're talking about hundred or hundreds of active accounts (many of which are paying for gold memberships) vs. a handful or less than a handful accounts in a dead guild. And please, don't try to tell me that a 10 years old guild is anything but dead if it managed to get to an amazing guild level 5 after all these years...
    Juraiya, DraggoX and Anaranj like this.
  6. Raisie Member

I got a reply to my petition also and was told to bring it to the boards. Solstice is a level 100 guild with over 800 accts. We lost our name to a small guild with 3 inactive accts. I was told by a GM that guilds would be treated like characters and that activity will count. Apparently that wasn't true.
    Jinksie, Juraiya, flameweaver and 3 others like this.
  7. DraggoX Member

Thank you everyone for being in support of Triad of Crushbone and for sharing your stories. I hear that Fat was given their name back and hopefully this means we too shall get our names back. Cor I am assuming we know each other well enough (if you are the leader of Vantage of Crushbone). Any support or updates are and always will be greatly appreciated. As you stated Cor we are a paying and active guild vs what is a lvl 7 presumably dead guild. Triad and Vantage and all others with activity vs plainly un-active seniority based guilds will hopefully be corrected soon. I too was told by support through a ticket that I needed to bring this to posts.
    flameweaver, Enymac and Coriel like this.
  8. Enymac Member

I bought a guild renaming potion for 2400 Station cash (minus discount). It would not let me change the guild name to Bloodlust. The guild that has not been logged into for over a decade is still taking precedence.
    DraggoX likes this.
  9. enada Member

I had my guild name taken by a level 3 guild made in 2004.how do you stay level 3 from 2004 is my 1st question.my guild is level 100 and active every day.
    DraggoX and Coriel like this.
  10. Coriel Active Member

That would be a logical assumption.
    DraggoX likes this.
  11. DraggoX Member

Unfortunately Cor logic doesn't seem to have played much of a part in how our guilds were merged.
    Enymac likes this.
  12. Applewater New Member

This is a clear issue the Devs should of had a plan for, but they failed.

So now there is a pissed off MOB of players that want there Guild names back and no-one will help them.

I put in a petition and got this replay back:

"We have received similar contacts about this from other players, and we can only advise submitting a /feedback report to voice your concerns about any unwanted name changes to the development team for review. The design of the game is outside of our purview here at In-Game CS and I'm afraid that we have no control over who gets to keep their Guild or character name following the merges and who will get the 'z' added.

Posting on the official forums is another way to reach the people with the power to change the game, as our developers, producers, and community managers are active there, and if other players share your concern, the powers that be will take notice and an issue can gain traction that way."

THE FIXING OF THE GAME IS NOT SOMETHING THE GM NEEDS TO WORRY ABOUT...

BUT....

They can easily grant our requests and change our names back. They can clearly see that our guild are active and the other guilds are not.

Stealthxz = lvl 100 - 18 accounts(My guild)

Stealth = lvl 17 - 3 accounts
    flameweaver likes this.
  13. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Might be a good idea to go onto today's live ToT Twitch (2pm PDT) and spam chat with question about this issue. You never know it might illicit some response. ;)
  14. Spindle Well-Known Member

Recommending someone to spam chat? That's effed. Mess chat up for other players who just may have good questions, good response, good feedback? Yeah, totally effed suggestion. That's my response.
  15. KakVander New Member

I agree with this and we are in teh same boat. I understand the reasoning behind it, but if one is active and the other is not close... how does that make sense. Guardian Angels approves your message.

We are level 100 with 54 accounts and lost it to a level 3 with 4 accounts that is inactive.
    Jinksie and Coriel like this.
  16. Anaogi Well-Known Member

>bleep< there are guilds named Spellbound on all three servers going into Skyfire...the one I'm in is the only one still active but also the oldest.

So of course it's going to go to one of those crappy dead guilds, I just know it.

Get. Your act. Together. Daybreak.
    Jinksie and Juraiya like this.
  17. Raisie Member

So Roshen responded on a similar thread on the general board. They chose who gets the named based on age only. So we lose.
  18. daemonelf New Member

That's the biggest load of nonsense, Raisie.. I can't believe they decided to do it this way. Everytime I log on and see our changed name its a slap in the face, knowing that the ones who kept our name aren't even on or likely ever going to be playing again...They really need to rethink this solution.
    Jinksie, flameweaver and Coriel like this.
  19. Katzandra Well-Known Member

20. Coriel Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.