Guild Name Change Potion

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-shotens, Apr 15, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Aerfen Guest

So wait....are you saying that SOE CAN in fact change guild names for us and will be putting a potion in the Marketplace?? And that the lame A** excuse about "we can't because of the coding" (even though they willingly changed guild names that were in violation) is no long valid?
    Please reference this thread for said lame excuse, lol: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=467379
    If this is the case....THANK YOU for listening!!! *Does the Happy Pally dance*
  2. ARCHIVED-VikingGamer Guest

Oakum wrote:
    If he says it is "done" that means it will probably come out with the upcoming GU. Otherwise I suspect he would have been a bit more circumspect. Of course the standard "no promises" disclaimers surely apply.
  3. ARCHIVED-VikingGamer Guest

systemV wrote:
    Guild vs Guild PvP arena style battle. The winner gets to keep the guild name.
  4. ARCHIVED-Skull_Splitter Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    "Yeah, we're doing that. Should be done soon."
    That sort of sounds not so concrete as what he posted....

Man I wish I could find the SWG Dev post about "the definition of soon" lulz in the mmorpg world
  5. ARCHIVED-Dravun Guest

This is fantastic news. Now I have 2 things to wait for in intense anticipation!
    Guild Rename Potions!!!
    and
    New Earthen Avatar VIII models!!!
    Hopefully I won't have to wait another 7 months for Christmas after all.
  6. ARCHIVED-Savageparrot Guest

7. ARCHIVED-Jaremai Guest

Creeping up on two months of soon-ness.
    I would think since this would be additional revenue for SOE, that it would be in their interest to get it out soon-er than later. ;)
    I know every week I anxiously look at the "Welcome to EQII" splash screen when I log in hoping to see it appear under the whats-new-in-the-marketplace box.
  8. ARCHIVED-Dravun Guest

Jaremai@Guk wrote:
    I'm right there with ya Jaremai. Every time I log in I look at that marketplace window just on the odd chance that it might have been added by some "ninja in the night".
    Apparently the prospect of copying WoW's idea of selling mounts to the masses was considered more impotant.
  9. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Aerfen@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Any time you are told that a data point is "hard coded" or cannot be changed "because of the coding", your leg is being pulled. EQ2 runs on an Oracle database. Anything can be changed, with enough programming effort and dedication.
  10. ARCHIVED-GlitterPaws Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    Hmmm, sloppy programming by prima donna programmers has been the main reason for "because of the coding" in my experience. Clean-up of code can take months, even years, if sections have been thrown in hastily and/or with no respect for the rest of the development team/process.
  11. ARCHIVED-Magnamundian Guest

GlitterPaws wrote:
    In which case "Soon" may actually mean, "Whenever we have chance to run the clean-up code on all the servers"
  12. ARCHIVED-Dravun Guest

Vonotar@Splitpaw wrote:
    Except for at this point we've already been told that it is done.
    Rothgar wrote:
    I guess I may be mistaken in my belief that "done" means "ready to go live".
  13. ARCHIVED-Magnamundian Guest

Dravun wrote:
    "done" may simply mean that the potion is ready and not reflect the fact that a one-off tweak needs to be made to every guild in the database before the potion (and associated code) can be added.
  14. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Vonotar@Splitpaw wrote:
    It can also mean that the code itself is done but that it hasn't been finalized / priced / approved / whatever by the suits ;).
    Or maybe it was done but failed QA /shrug. This is just a case in point for why they don't tell people about things until it really is ready to go.
  15. ARCHIVED-Brook Guest

Sad that it will only be available on the new ruleset server that has the skeletal revamps.
  16. ARCHIVED-Aerfen Guest

Brook wrote:
    I must have missed something...can you elaborate or provide a link with info? Thanks
  17. ARCHIVED-Jaremai Guest

I guess I missed it as well. What new server, and where was it said that this would only be available there?
    I call shenanigans.
    *gives Rothgar a cookie to move this into production faster*
  18. ARCHIVED-Eveningsong Guest

Aerfen@Lucan DLere wrote:
    I think that was a bit of sarcasm ;)
  19. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Jaremai@Guk wrote:
    There isn't, that person was being a smart-behind (really, ars* is censored?) by talking about things that were never done (although TBH, I don't think a progression server ever made it into serious planning; if it did I never saw much about it beyond some initial idea as 'something we'd like to do when we get to it').
  20. ARCHIVED-Aerfen Guest

Eveningsong wrote:
    Barx@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    BAH! This is why I'm known as the gullible one in the family...