Guild Hireling not getting needed items

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Luckyer, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Luckyer New Member

After level 101 the Writs can go to 106 and about I assume. They are asking for item made with Plumewit Hide. The Guild Hirelings are not getting this even if you are requesting the 100 level harvests. Guild hall Hirelings need fixing or the items needed making for Writs need lowering/changing.
  2. Celan Active Member

It's not a bug, it is a decision the devs made. It was said, pack ponies and guild harvesters won't be upgraded till later in the expansion.They want us to go out and see the new zone.
    The only way to get materials right now without going out and harvesting or buying via the broker is by the plant you get in the Kunark Ascending questline for setting your harvesting goblin free.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You have to go to Planes of Magic and harvest them or buy them off the broker for ridiculous process. The plant does not even give you enough for one writ. When the Tradeskill sig line is put in, we have been told that the pony will be able to harvest those. The goblin will never be able to collect that tier.
  4. Gerak Well-Known Member

This was hashed, rehashed, rehashed again in BETA. We were basically told you have 4 options to do writs ( the only way currently to get to 110).

1 Wait till Gardening Goblin plant gathers enough for a writ.
    2 buy off the broker.
    3 Go to the Planes of Magic and harvest the materials yourself.
    4 Wait till the TS timeline is introduced somewhere down the line. No timetable mentioned. Not even soon(tm).
  5. zarobhr Member

Harvest them, I have 4 level 110 crafters so far, and i did all my own harvesting, minus buying a few once in awhile to finish a single writ its not that difficult, and why the rush to max out
  6. Lysia Active Member

or you can do like me --- just absolutely refuse to level up till they get the harvest bots going again -- they got us used to this years ago ....
    yes I harvest too, and I also have 1 of the plants ( working on the second ) -- but it's the principle of the thing ...
    never should have put them in guild halls to begin with ... we all got lazy ---
    some of us do not have a great deal of time to play ( children love and want attention after all ... ) so yes, we want to get it done quickly and move on .... everyone's play style is different
  7. Luckyer New Member

I understand the point of going out and harvesting in the zones. But can you explain why the writs you get after you lvl 101 is lvl 106. What happened to writs lvl between 102 - 105. I supposed this was a planned way of making the game harder?
  8. Luckyer New Member

Please put more harvesting items in the zone that the guild harvesters want give you. Really need more fish!!
  9. Jhen Ro Active Member

There is only one writ to get you to 110. It's the same rush order. Only a couple variations. I think on sage there were a total of 4 spells I made the whole way up. The option is labeled 110, but all the combines are from 101.

I think it took 11 rush orders to go from 109 to 110, with vitality + Exp potion claimed from vet rewards. Think it's about that to go from 101 to 102, as well.
    Dude and Prissetta like this.
  10. Anhari Active Member

In Beta, the levels required somewhere in the neighborhood of 176M points. The Rush Order writs yielded about 11M per,so ot took about 15 writs to make a level. This was the same for each level between level 101 and 110. The writs say level 106, but I think that they were actually level 101,
  11. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Doing the 110 (101 recipes) writs I went from 101 to 110 with 1 1 hour 100% xp potion + 1 2 hour 100% xp potion + 1 use of the hammer. It sucked, I would have rather done like Lysia and waited, but I wanted my Expert spells. I avoided running out of mats by harvesting the entire time I was doing the faction quests and sig line and waiting until I was done with adventuring before starting the writ grind. The added benefit was there was enough mats for my friend to level his jeweler as well.
  12. Kheldorm Active Member

I really don't understand why though. It isn't a breathtaking experience to look around. Idiotically laid out, compact, and boring. Oh, and it requires flight. Requiring flight for basic crafting is just wrong.
    Tkia likes this.
  13. Jhen Ro Active Member

What?
  14. Kheldorm Active Member

Where else do you have to fly in order to harvest? Not all TSers are 110, I still have some at 21/22.
  15. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

as much a i wanted to play live... i'm not even trying after a look around, until the crafting is fully in, myself.
  16. Jhen Ro Active Member

There are flying mounts for crafters..... As in just need crafting level 30 or some 85...
  17. Pickleweasle Member

Are you actually complaining that you cannot take your level 20/21 toon into new expansion zone to harvest? Lol if you are! Not sure sure what you expect. You would have had the same issue if not worse in KA. I have never heard of such a thing in my eq2 life.

Wait..... did I just get trolled? Lol
  18. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

Then you ain't no crafter.

Some of my characters had their pack ponies at adventure level 20; that involved harvesting in up to Kunark.

They then upgraded them with the DoV pony quest line, again while at low adventure levels.

Then they upgraded them again through the ToV pony quest line; adventure levels 20-30 running around Eidolon, harvesting.

So, yes, with the history of crafting that we've had with this game, we expected to be able to low level harvest in the new zone.
    Prissetta, Mermut and Kheldorm like this.
  19. Kheldorm Active Member

You really don't know what you are talking about.
    I did all of Qho, including Vespyr isles with level 22 toons.
    I did the sig line in KA with level 22 toons.
    Please don't comment if you have no clue.

A goal I had was to have a level 1 adv, .level 100 TS'er for a long time, but that is impossible due to exploration experience.
    Prissetta likes this.
  20. Shmogre Well-Known Member

I feel like there is a disconnect...I assumed Pickleweasle was talking about *tradeskilling* level, not adventuring. You can absolutely harvest high-level material on a low-adventure-level toon; it takes some caution and high awareness of surroundings, but it's very doable. (Pickle, if you *were* trying to say you had to be high adventure level in order to harvest, that's actually not the case...in fact, people on Test and in beta work hard to make sure pure tradeskillers can still access the common harvests).

As for requiring flying to harvest, there are flying mounts for both adventuring and tradeskilling (including as part of timelines). Flying is now a part of Norrath. You can work around it with calls and featherfall if you are roleplaying a non-flying character, but in general it's part of the end game.
    Prissetta likes this.