Guild Harfvesting Depots totally Broken On Live

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Guiscard, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Guiscard Active Member

Did anyone test these changes to harvesting depots before the dumped it to live. They are totally broken. ANd no one is even adressing the complaints. What happened to testing stuff before it goes LIVE.
  2. Owli Member

3. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Seriously why has this half-thoughtout fix been pushed to live the permissions are not detailed enough to cover the various permissions a guild has either removed them for the individual depot boxed and add them to the guild bank permissions so we can adjust who has access to them and to what level and how many quantities or revert them back to the general permissions which I hope you dont.....and actually fix them to the level of security needed. You wouldnt push guild bank permissions this way why would you do this level for depots of which the materials residing within can be just as important or costly.
  4. Eshaac Active Member

Yeah, there you go.. For someone with such a high forum board rank you sure must not be reading the forums very well to make a rather "..." well, we'll leave it at that statement.

Here is the link, just incase you can't seem to find your way there...
    http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php?threads/new-guild-depots-feedback.1932/

Eshaac
  5. Hordolin Awanagin Active Member

6. Eshaac Active Member

If the Depot coding was sent to live the way they were last on Testserver then there is absolutely "Nothing" wrong with them. They make all the new Depots and the old harvest supply depot totally safe. Each one can be set to only allow trustee to withdraw if that is what you want.. or only guild members and higher rank. You can set each one to not allow visitors to have access to them if you want. There is "Nothing" wrong with the way they are set up, if they were pushed in the same state they are on Testserver.

Eshaac
  7. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

It's hard to tell for sure from the OP's post, but I think the issue is that he wants restrictions on the boxes similar to guild banks - not just who can access them, but how many items someone who does have access can pull. With the current setup, someone can either not withdraw from the depot at all, or withdraw every single thing in it.

That said, I think the current implementation is fine with 3 ranks, but then again I'm part of a small guild.
  8. Lanar New Member

If we're asking for features, it would be nice to be able to allow only 'trustees" to have rares, while "friends" get everything else. Then you could feel safer about keeping very expensive items in the general box...
  9. Deveryn Well-Known Member

If you're concerned about security, I think that stuff is better stored in a personal box. Those already have the same permission settings, btw. It's a little extra footwork to get things out, but you have the most peace of mind.
  10. Kuulei Well-Known Member

What I think the issue is:

Those running 3rd party UI's such as drums or profit have no updates yet so its SoE's fault? o_O

Use default UI, set permissions on the harvest depot not on the amenities tab of the guildhall door:

Deposit > Visitor (this way anyone can deposit if they wish too or set to friends if you don't want someone to randomly put items in your depot LOL)

Crafting / Consumption > Friend This will allow those listed as friend on the door and hopefully all guildmates are tagged as friend on the guild UI via ranks.

Withdraw > Trustee this will allow only trustee's and ranks allowed trustee access via the guild UI.