Guild Hall portal network Bugged

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Lurge Annenchurge, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Lurge Annenchurge New Member

Hello all .. Working on a commission with a T4 Commonlands guildhall.. it has both the normal and the expanded portal networks in it (support for up to 16 portals) i placed 15 of them the other night .. logged off .. and this morning i went to place the final one and got the error message "the teleportation system can only support 8 portals" Anyone else having this issue? and if so any way to "fix" it ?
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Lamatu Active Member

I confirmed with a DEV sometime ago that they don't stack. You should only use the extended portal amenity and relinquish the normal one. The extended allows 16.

The bug is when you have both and set the portals down that after sometime you lose portal pads and can't place more.
  3. Lurge Annenchurge New Member

Thanks for the reply, i suppose since i still had some of the portal pads down from the lower amenity it was giving issues .. time to go clean up all the pads and replace them (and get rid of the pesky amenity)
  4. Llieam Well-Known Member

Aye, I had this same problem it should correct as soon as you clean up the old portals. At least it is a bug we can figure out and correct!!!

Good Luck!

LL
  5. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

So.
    Had both amenities. Relinquished the 8 portal one - leaving the 16 portal one in the GH. Attempted to "create portal" from the 16, and it tells me "you don't have a teleportation system in the guild hall"
    Can someone just FIX this? Plz? I've run through moving portals for hours now, and I'm simply fed up.
  6. Lamatu Active Member

Did you relinquish both the normal and extended portal amenities before purchasing the extended one?
  7. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

No, I left the 16 port one in the GH. That's my next step when I feel like wasting another hour and 5 million status: collecting all portals and relinquishing both amenities, and only buying the expanded one.
    If it bugs out by owning both portals, then can't there be a way to prevent them both from being purchased in the first place? Or, just offer the 16 teleport amenity, rather than two different ones?
  8. Merriel Well-Known Member

They can't exactly do away with the lesser one since it can be purchased by guilds at a lower level, when the 16 portal amenity is still not available to them. They should, however, amend it so that the 16 portal amenity cannot be purchased until the 8 portal amenity has been relinquished. This would fix it, surely. Certainly not fair to your guild to have to relinquish both and spend an additional 5mil status to re-purchase an amenity you already purchased and did not realize was bugged until after the fact.
    Juraiya, Cyrrena, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Absolutely! :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Merriel like this.
  10. Wizzam Well-Known Member

Came across this issue today. I don't understand how they haven't fixed this somehow, where you must first sell back the localized one in order to purchase the expanded.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And it's not like the Powers are making actual $$$ off of their mistake, so what would it cost them to fix it for real? >:-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  12. Diannika New Member

WHY IS THIS STILL NOT FIXED?
  13. Avarice Member

I ran into this today. Step out of the guildhall for a few minutes, long enough for the zone/instance to 'despawn', and the pads work when you go back in. To be clear, I had the localized set in my T3 Commonlands guildhall already, then bought expanded, then placed some new teleport pads from expanded that would be replacing the others, then removed the localized amenity. At first, the new pads didn't work and relogging to myself didn't work. But waiting a few minutes in Commonlands without anybody in the guildhall fixed everything. I did not need to remove/rebuy expanded.