Guild Hall Harvesting Supply Depot Limit to restricted

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Couchtomatoe, Aug 30, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Couchtomatoe Guest

With the passing of every update they add more and more harvestables and the box currently only 200 items. Can we perhaps either be allowed to install a second depot or perhaps increase the size limit of 200 to perhaps 300?
  2. ARCHIVED-Wurm Guest

I agree as the tiers get higher the box should also be bigger.

It gets to be a hassle shuffling mats around whenever a new member takes up crafting.
  3. ARCHIVED-bluja000 Guest

Honestly, I have a guild harvest depot. We keep all the common raws in it, for all the tiers, and seem to have plenty of room. I've made sure that we have all the mats, because I'm using a harvest pony to fill all the tiers consecutively. The only things we don't put in are the rares and holiday harvests. Those should be supplied by your members respectively, or have them access those through a tab in your guild bank. I'm really confused by what is causing people so much difficulty. I DO have all the harvests for the provy included, and I'm really confused as to what is causing so many people problems overfilling their guild harvest box. Perhaps you have old non-useable harvests clogging it, or you have different versions of an item? I know there are still old rares that don't stack out in the world, we have 2 separate versions of two different rare lumber that we have to make useable, since they won't stack with the current versions. You could also try removing the imbue items, perhaps you have the old imbue items, as well as the current, in the guild box? Remove the current version until the old is used, then put the current version back in. The old should still be used without a problem in recipes.
  4. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

Wurm wrote:
    Cut out the first two tiers to save a lot of space. If a new member takes up crafting, they can probably get all they need for the first 20 levels on the broker. You don't need much to get through those levels, especially the first 10. Ideally, they would go harvest themselves and get in the habit of contributing to the box, rather than just eating up resources.
  5. ARCHIVED-Filly67 Guest

While it would be nice to have more room I don't really see any issues if you are just keeping common items in there. In that case with no holiday items or rares there is plenty of room.
  6. ARCHIVED-Xianthia Guest

Adding more slots to the harvest depot is the ideal solution. Until/if that should ever happen, if you only keep the regular mats for all of the tiers, you end up with slots left over.
    What I keep in the GH harvest depot is regular mats for all tiers, adorning materials for T9 adorns and rares for T9 and T10 and still have (I think) 8 slots available. I say "I think" because it may be 6, not in game at the moment to check.
    This subject comes up periodically and we did get an upgrade to harvest depot in the past recent years. Again, the ideal solution is to add slots to the harvest depot. But until then, the work arounds aren't really "painful" (of course that's subjective to each person :) ).
  7. ARCHIVED-Wurm Guest

I've always wondered why people become nay sayers to things that just make perfect sense.
    The box should have enough room for all tiers including the rares.
    I do agree that special crafting supplies from the events shouldn't be held in consideration.
  8. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Once T10 hit I pulled out every bit of food harvest except T9 & T10 food, plus the occasional foods from T1 & T2 that are used in holiday recipes. Our depot is at 200/200 now having commons and rares from T1-T10, restricted food harvests and holiday harvests (excluding Frostfell and only one type for EDay & NotD) in it. However it would have been nice if they had bumped it up to 225 or 250, we've had two additions to harvests (DoV T9 v2 + WL T10) since the last bump. Or maybe... let us invest in a second depot for the hall? ;)
  9. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

Cyliena wrote:
    The second depot has been attempted (back when they released the personal box. The second box basically showed the same contents as the other, so that's been ruled out.
    An increase in capacity may come around some day, if it's even possible. It may not be possible. I think something would have changed by now. People just need to adopt certain restrictions on what goes into these boxes. With the personal depots and multiple house ownership, there are plenty of options available for people to play around with.
  10. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Wurm wrote:
    Probably because past crafting devs said there were coding and database management concerns about adding more storage space. I don't think we've hit the "limit" but I also believe that adding more storage space would impact performance. How noticable of an impact that would be is an unknown.
  11. ARCHIVED-decator666 Guest

Yes, the depot needs at least 300 slots. I have eliminated the first tier of resources and am considering taking out the food items up to the 5th tier because i would like to be able to put the adorning mats and the powders for alchemy in the box.
    I don't think it's too much to ask to have enough slots for the basic harvesting tiers including rares. I would rather not have to waste an additional ammenity space on it.
    I haven't ever seen a holiday mat, can't wait for the holiday seasons to come!
  12. ARCHIVED-crazyeyes321 Guest

better yet, streamline provisioner mats. Do we really need as many different types of materials as we currently have. Make a generic vegetation, meat, seafood material and call it a day