guild hall gatherers

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Meirril, Oct 20, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Amytheyst Guest

As the title implies...
    Looking into?
    Working as intended? (Why werent we told? You know how ticked off regular non guilded folk are gonna be?)
  2. ARCHIVED-Kizee Guest

Does it really matter?
    A person physically out harvesting can get more rares anyways since they are hitting more nodes faster.
  3. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Unless there was an unpublished change, they're not supposed to bring back anything but the common raws.
    Did you /bug in-game?
  4. ARCHIVED-ashen1973 Guest

When the Guild halls where only on test, I ran many, many cycles with all 3 of the harvesters. Enough that I was completely satisified that they did not return rares and that the returns would be predictable within a small range.
    I have heard from enough reliable people to believe that rares are being returned now (I have only heard of rare pelts being returned though).
    Having only recently purchased the harvesters on live I have not had much data to compare. But, from the data I am seeing it seems the spread of returns is siginificantly different from that on test.
    Once I have enough data to use as a reliable comparisson, i'll post more info, but I do have the feeling that the harvesters where, at least, slightly tweaked between test and live.
  5. ARCHIVED-Celena Guest

One of my fellow guild leaders SWEARS a rare pelt was returned the very first time we sent out guys out. None since, (and we send the guys out almost every two hours, lol) but he is 110% positive when he picked up the mats, there was a rare pelt in there.
  6. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

I was told by someone his guild has gotten a nice number of rares, but we haven't gotten one. We even sent it to T1 to test, zero rares, zero imbues.
  7. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

I agree, a queue would make them overpowered. They are meant to be a useful item for those who absoloutely despise harvesting & the very lazy. I think they are a nice little thing to have in the guild hall, if you keep them running you can have a nice stock of common raws for when you need them. T8 wood & pelts are usually expensive, sometimes I do and sometimes I don't have time to go get them to replenish my stock and its nice to know there is some sitting in our harvest box and I can send out for more if I want, or send it for T6 roots & ore which is the biggest PITA to get. I have had a few guildies say it's useless to them because it doesn't get rares. With 7 crafters I'm not all that worried about rares since what I want to do is restock the market with things like totems, food, cures, harvest tools, boxes, etc. If I want rares, I put on my mega harvest gear and go harvest for a few hours or so or buy them.
    Think of how this could be exploited too if it got rares at the same rate as players. Ubermegaultrarich guild that thought nothing of dropping 300p on the purely decorative statue amenity, has a 5-10 alt guilds made (likely would already have them among members because many players, self included, have had personal guilds for a long time) and PLes them to 30, gets T1 guild hall which costs little to maintain, and has 5-10 harvesters going at all times getting 5-10 times the rares.
  8. ARCHIVED-Gipper Guest

I got 2 dragonhide pelts night before last on ours from the same session. A guildy said he pulled a smoldering material off one of the gatherers. We try to keep them going whenever anyone comes into the guildhall.
  9. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

If the rare rumor is confirmed i may have have stolen some rare pelts from my guild.I have rare pelts in my bags and i never check what are returning the workers. I simply speak to the 3 of them and empty all my raw in the guild ressouce bank. If some harvester ever returned a rare to me i probably would not have noticed it.
    I hope they won't implement any way to bot the harvesters, harvesting is probably the best way for new players to make a living, destroying this activity is not a good idea.
  10. ARCHIVED-Nimbrithil Guest

We have all thre in our guild halla nd mahe people check them regualrly. I would like to see a log of what was returned, who requested it, who collected in from the harvesters that cna be accessed by guild leaders/officers and a log of who drops what in the guild hall depot box. OR the raws harvested being dropped dircetly into the depot box and make the GH Bots dependant on HAVING the3 depot box.

As for pull rate. Its nice being that I can bo out harvesting WHILE the bots are doing the same...or better still the way I use them is I have them harvest the tier ABOVE what I am currently working on....this allows me to rat hole extra raws for the push into the new tier where my harvester takes over supplying me.
  11. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

Nimbrithil wrote:
    I think there is a log, if you are the owner perhaps, or I have to check because I am a trustee for decorating... but one of my GLs mentioned there's a log.
  12. ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze Guest

I for one was not looking forward to the inclusion of these "bots" as I had imagined they would be far more "active" and so affect the market prices of raws.
    In an active guild (I suppose it would have to be active in order to subsidise a guild hall) you will rarely find a harvester availalble for taking orders. Secondly, the capacity of the harvest depot (100 harvest types) can be quite restricting as often there is never any room for the less popular raws so you need to source them yourself anyway.
    I have to admit to have become slightly lazy since the update as before I would keep at least a stack of each raw for each tier in my shared bank, now if I just need to craft a couple of items I will draw from the depot. The net effect I guess is that I have fewer rares in my bank as I am harvesting slightly less frequently. Generally you do tend to see less people harvesting and hopefully this will have the effect of maintaining rare prices at a sensible level although raw prices I am guessing will start to drop to rock bottom over time as people will use those resources available to them gratis via their guild.
    Bottom line? Harvesting has been restored as a viable occupation IF you sell your rares.
  13. ARCHIVED-Pitt Hammerfist Guest

Are you sure people didnt put rares in because ive put a few in mine.