Guild Hall Access Rights - am I missing something?

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-lils, Oct 7, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-lils Guest

Well I really love the new guild halls, and so do my guildies!
    But there is one thing bothering me, and I can't find a way to change it, unless I am missing something.
    To be able to use the mailbox etc. people need to be set as friends, but as friends, they can also move around items. Is there a way to let people use things but not let them move things?
    And if not ... please please please add something like that. I can see disgruntled guildies moving everything in the water in the cave or hide it somewhere else before leaving a guild.
    [IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-Peldaar Guest

I agree. I tried to look for ways to stop people from being able to move things as well but didn't see anything. Some of the amenities you had to be listed as friend in order to use them.
  3. ARCHIVED-Henge42 Guest

I've been wondering the same sort of thing.

Does anyone know the default guild hall access rights for leaders, officers and members?
  4. ARCHIVED-BigBadBear Guest

Seems they went a bit too minimal on the controls. There are really only 3 levels and Trustee and Friends share to many abilities. All they really need to do is alter the "friends" rank, so that they can't move or destroy items.
  5. ARCHIVED-Henge42 Guest

Seems to me they need 4 levels which equate too guild leaders, officers, members and visitors.
  6. ARCHIVED-Arathyen Guest

To add to this.. Here are a few other things that need to be changed I think.

To use the local teleporter stones you need to have Friend access, yet with friend access you can move, remove the teleport stones, which in turn ruins using them for everyone else.

Friend setting can change all customization on NPCs placed . Mender, Broker, etc.

I would also request an option where if I place a placeable item in my guild hall that is NOT lore, no-trade, no one else can pick it up. For example, I have a baby dragon I'd love to place however since it's fully tradeable, someone can simply walk in, pick it up and that's the last I'll see of my little dragon.

Pretty much all the guild hall placeables have this security option, of anyone that can interact with them can also set preferrences and customize them.

There should be other permissions available.

Another example.

I (guild leader) place a Mender. I set the race/gender and clothing option.

Currently a guild member or recruit can walk in, and so long as they can use the mender, they can also reset all the race/gender customization options. Not good.

So far I love the guild halls, they are amazing.

We just need some more permissions for security. Thanks.
  7. ARCHIVED-lils Guest

There is another thing that doesn't really make sense.
    Why can friends move things, but not drop anything? ... As it is now, I have to set my members as trustee, for them to be able to drop an item in the guild hall (we have a bunch of people that love to decorate). While this might not be a problem for a small guild, for a big guild with sometimes not so well known members, this is definitely an issue.
    Please add some access rights for guild halls, so we can have beautiful guild halls, we can show off in competitions, without too much hassle for guild leaders, and without having to worry about someone messing it up by mistake.
    Thanks!!
    [IMG]
  8. ARCHIVED-Arathyen Guest

Agree 100% again.

Last night, we (co-guild leader and I) had to give out trustee access to 10 different "decorators". It's a lot of hassle to be constantly checking up on who has access to what, and what they are doing what the access they have.

Once again, the halls are incredible.

We just need better permission sets.
  9. ARCHIVED-BigBadBear Guest

Anyone else have to rename thier teleport pads today...not sure if it was a bug or if one of my members accidently recalled them all and didn't know how to fix it. Had like 4 pads shrink back to original size and default name...plus lost one in my docks area.
  10. ARCHIVED-Zutan Guest

I agree, it needs more control.

Also, it would be nice if one could be granted permission to place a vendor sales display, and sell items from there.. but not be able to touch any other objects in the hall. (and not have anyone else access their stuff too)
  11. ARCHIVED-Wyrmypops Guest

On the similar thread in the General forum, Rothgar expressed a hope to be able to add an additional house rank between friend and trustee. http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=431990
    Would have thought that'd be something done already, what with testing and feedback having shown that as a concern. Permissions inspired by the guild ranks rather than housing, it being a guild hall an all. Still, hard to consider the devs slackers with all the goodies this has brought eh.