Guild chat

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-digitalbandit, Apr 9, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Sidhel Guest

Firefox 2.0.0.1.4, Windows XP
    303 - Cant connect to server - (possible proxy - NAT - network error) in the web client, Antonia Bayle server

I used to be able to connect via Jabber protocol using Miranda IM or Exodus, but haven't been able to recently (not sure when it would've started as I only resubscribed a couple weeks ago). I can connect but can't register/select characters/join the guild chatroom. I know this likely isn't supported, but it did used to work perfectly and no longer does.

That EQ2GC client works like a charm though! Well, it can be difficult to connect, but when it does, it does.
  2. ARCHIVED-Thistleknot Guest

Sidhel@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Same error here. Using Firefox 3 and XP.

Also can't get Miranda or Pidgin to connect via Jabber protocol, get a "SOE: Authentication failed" error reply from the server.

Never used the EQ2GC. I have an issue with installing some app from some random website then giving it my username / password.

I'm just about giving up on eq2players features. Guild chat doesnt work, letting users go anonymous makes searching near worthless. *shrugs*
  3. ARCHIVED-valazdin Guest

Has there been any suggestions on how to fix this issue? I don't like paying for a service that doesn't work for me. I get the 303 error and I don't have firewall or proxy.
  4. ARCHIVED-Emlar_from_Halas Guest

I subscribed to this service one week ago and never managed to make it work : I always get the 303 error whatever number of thries I do.
    Both from home and from work.
    I've been trying both with Firefox 3.0.1 and IE 6.0, and I'm running on XP SP2
    The server I'd like to reach is Storms
    I have turned off my firewall and reset cache without further benefit...
  5. ARCHIVED-Pyroth Guest

It's telling me I do not have any characters in my guild. I managed to get in yesterday after repeated errors.
  6. ARCHIVED-g0thiC_iCe_cReaM Guest

Sidhel@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Yeah, seems sometimes the login servers at SOE don't respond. I usually just click the connect button and hit enter repeatedly and it eventually connects (usually doesn't take more than like 5 times).
    Seems there was an issue with communicating with the chat stuff the other day, but it's been fixed as of this morning.
  7. ARCHIVED-FightGame Guest

I'm getting the same Fatal Error #303, can not connect to server, possible proxy/NAT/network error.

Same error on 3 different machines at different locations and using different isp's. One xp home using ie6, one xp pro ie7, one xp pro ie6. Trying to connect to my guild on the unrest server.

Please fix this since I (and obviously many others here) have been paying for this service and it's been broken for atleast a month.

I could download the third party program on the previous page and maybe get it to work, but I'm a little hesitant about entering my name and password into this 3rd party software. And I shouldn't have to any way, I'm not paying them for the service.
  8. ARCHIVED-Mr. Dawkins Guest

fatal error same as all the others
  9. ARCHIVED-Mr. Dawkins Guest

10. ARCHIVED-FightGame Guest

cancelling subscription for this, since they can't fix it, or even bother responding.
  11. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

Tried duplicating today and had the same issues as everyone else. Adding it to the stickied list of needed fixes.
  12. ARCHIVED-Prowess Guest

I have it no matter where I am, work network, clients, home - cancelling the part. It is a payed service, SONY!!! Respond at least, or fix it, but this silence is just typical.
  13. ARCHIVED-Daysy Guest

Guild chat has always been a problem and needed at least 20 attempts to connect. Usually I get the Undefined/Undefined error but it does eventually connect and stays connected for up to an hour before I need to repeat the process.

Today I've been trying (on different computers) for over an hour and just keep getting the Fatal Error listed above. Is this being fixed?
  14. ARCHIVED-Jrel Guest

Looks like it's still broke =(
  15. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

With no communication, we don't even know if they are aware of the issue.
  16. ARCHIVED-Mr. Dawkins Guest

Still very broken.
  17. ARCHIVED-Zeltaria Guest

Yep, I cannot get it to work for me either after days of trying. I canceled my sub to it too.. why pay for it if it's going to always be broken when I want to use it.
  18. ARCHIVED-Dark_Grue Guest

Taria@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    It's flat-out always been broken. For years. Sure, it works sometimes, for some people. But it doesn't work all the time for most people, and never works at all for more than a few.
    There's hundreds of messages about problems with in on this very forum, and there were even more before the big forum restart. Best thing you can do is not pay for a feature that doesn't work and that they won't support.
  19. ARCHIVED-Mr. Dawkins Guest

Well my station access addons have been canceled and I got my $3 back, good job slackers.
  20. ARCHIVED-DerFunkBlaster Guest

still waiting on a response about this...