Guild chat

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-digitalbandit, Apr 9, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-carpe_caminus Guest

Trying to log into the guild chat though the website on AB server and getting an unidentified error window with the title (201).
  2. ARCHIVED-Shotneedle Guest

I get the undefined 303 proxy error still :(
  3. ARCHIVED-Knosyu Guest

I am also having difficulty logging into the web based guild chat. I am trying to log into Everfrost from work and home and have been getting 201 and 304 errors. I have cleared my cache and upgraded drivers to no avail. I was able to log into guild chat from home once after many retries last week, but no luck this week. From work I am also getting another error code that I cannot remember at this point, but I suspect it is because of the high security network there. This is the primary reason I signed up to this service, so it would be nice to get it working. Any other ideas Gninja?
  4. ARCHIVED-Taubin2 Guest

I'm getting proxy errors both at home and work. Cleared cache on both, tried both IE and Firefox. Not behind a firewall at home. No proxy at home either.
  5. ARCHIVED-DerFunkBlaster Guest

I'm also getting this error still. It seemed to be working a lot better after that initial change you made Gnija, however it seems to have now retorted back to broken.
  6. ARCHIVED-Gninja_Gnome Guest

Give it another try and see if it works this time... we are trying to isolate the problem.
  7. ARCHIVED-DerFunkBlaster Guest

So i just gave it a try here at work and it didn't work at first, so i checked my version of IE and it looked as if my computer here was on IE 6. I went ahead and updated it to IE7, and within 3 trys i was able to get into the guild chat, however there was still that error on the first trys.
  8. ARCHIVED-Draxknor Guest

I havent been able to log in guild chat for over a week now...
    Now i get error 303 - Cant connect to server - (possible proxy - NAT - network error)

Whats up with that now.. Any thoughts
  9. ARCHIVED-wx Guest

murkiewaters wrote:
    I get the same error connecting to Butcherblock.. I have this escalated to a tech because there was no resolution..
  10. ARCHIVED-wx Guest

Is everyone getting the error using internet explorer 7?
  11. ARCHIVED-Akarius Guest

I have that issue also.
  12. ARCHIVED-Draxknor Guest

Yes.. IE7 here with Vista... but I also tried on the same comp. and installing Mozilla... same thing.. Cant connect.

I have another comp. with XP and Mozilla... and I CAN get on... so I'm lost.
  13. ARCHIVED-wx Guest

Draxknor wrote:
    I dont know it's weird... I have Windows XP Pro and IE7, Maybe I will try accessing it on my linux pc... But I think it could be compatibility issues with IE7
  14. ARCHIVED-Gninja_Gnome Guest

I just verified that IE7 works on vista... Let me check out XP/IE7 and see if there are any issues. I am able to get IE6 and Firefox to connect on all servers.
  15. ARCHIVED-wx Guest

Can you try on Butcherblock good thats the server im on..
  16. ARCHIVED-wx Guest

Just tried with Firefox on Win Xp Pro
  17. ARCHIVED-wx Guest

I got an email from support saying they reproduced the error and working on it, Since this is not an important fix right now it will probably be on the back burner till they release a new patch.. So in the mean time I cancelled the eq2players stuff..
  18. ARCHIVED-g0thiC_iCe_cReaM Guest

The guild chat thing from eq2players.com is buggy, and doesn't work half the time.
    I've found it much easier to use a custom app for getting on guild chat someone wrote a long time ago.
    http://eq2gc.yewl.com/
    Sometimes it won't connect right away, depending on how SOE's servers are feeling at the time, just keep trying to connect until you get a character list, it eventually works. There seems to be some trouble talking to SOE's chat servers sometimes, nothing wrong with the program. It's really a nice little app, instead of having to use a browser.
  19. ARCHIVED-wx Guest

Garthan@Kithicor wrote:
    I Love you :)
  20. ARCHIVED-GrefTek Guest

Well, got the same problem.

About 90% of the time I am being kicked out by a 201 message stating "Undefined" with 2 options "Undefined" and "Undefined". I at least figured out that clicking the left undefined button means it will retry. This message will appear before or after character selection. If I retry long enough it will eventually let me select character AND get into guild chat. This can take as long as 2-8 minutes depending on how lucky I am.

This thing is utterly random and happens on FF 2.0.0.14 as well as IE7 latest build on Windows XP Pro SP2 (although it feels like FF has more problems with it, but it could also be just the roll of the dice).

I do hope people are seriously looking at it; I don't think I need to point out the fact that I pay to gain access to this service (amongst other things).

If there is any debugging information I can provide let me know. :)