Guides (Leveling, Plat etc)

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Naedril, Oct 6, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Naedril Guest

Hi guys,
    I'm currently writing a ton of guides that i'd thought i'd share with you. Mostly leveling and platinum guides, but also some class guides and misc. stuff. I'm always writing and posting more so a lot of more guides will be posted soon. All the guides can be found on my site http://www.eq2.freemmorpgguides.com/ and are of course completely free.
    Thanks, any comments or feedback is much appriciated! :)
  2. ARCHIVED-Terrorpeutic Guest

Nice guides.
    One of my favorite spot for leveling is the "back" of Mystic Lake. I mentored to 65 for it. For me, this place is faster and easier than Chelsith since I'm not lvl 92 yet and have mediocre gears.
  3. ARCHIVED-mark92407 Guest

Great guides! Thanks for posting!
  4. ARCHIVED-Shotneedle Guest

Your deity guide is pretty far off in some areas. Only deity a dps scout should consider is Anashti Sul (Hand of Death, Deadly Rampage). If they can't/won't go evil to get it then Solusek Ro (Servant of Flame, Incinerate) is second best. Bards should get Rallos Zek (Rallos' Devastation), Warlocks/Necros should get Bertox (Touch of Decay, Bertox's Curse), Wizards Anashti Sul (Hand of Death, Undying Fury), Conjurors Solusek Ro (Servant of Flame, Incinerate), Chanters Solusek Ro (Servant of Flame, Incinerate), Healers Rodcet Nife (Healing Prayers, Devout Healing/Armor of Faith) (or Karana (Tempest or Breath of Karana) if can't/won't betray) defensively, Sul (HoD)/Ro(SoF) offensively. Fighters shouldn't bother with anything but Tribunal (Scales of Justice) or Bristlebane (Mischief Maker/Deck of the King's Court, Swindle Fate), defensively. Offensively, Sul, Zek, Ro. (Or Bertox for SKs)

I am curious why you think Bristlebane is arguably the best for scouts, though. Or why Quellious is better for a scout that needs hate reduciton as opposed to Rodcet Nife.
  5. ARCHIVED-ZUES Guest

I agree with SOME of what Buffrat is saying. Here a few few points I would disagree with. Mainly in regards to Sol Ro, Tribunal and Ashanti Sul.

1) Sol Ro is a pretty good general deity for any dps class. Incinerate used to based off INT only, but is now based off any classes primary stat. It hit's like a truck but has a long recast.
    2) I would never put Sol Ro on a chanter. The little bit of elemental damage does almost nothing to a parse when the class is primarily crushing and mental damage.
    3) Dirges specifically should always go Sol Ro. Throw Incinerate into your Rythmatic Overature lineup and you give your group a proc that hits like no other buff in the game.
    4) Brawlers should always go Rallos Zek for several reasons. But if you raid on your brawler you are most likely an off tank. The extra death prevent is a God sent (pun intended).
    5) Conjurors Sol Ro, Necros Ashanti Sul. This is important because of the damage type that they deal and it's increased zonewide parse potential.

Finally I would suggest that those people that always hated Freeport as much as I have, should go give it another try. Every zone amenity is convieniently located at the docks since the revamp. It's much easier to navigate now and worthy of a second chance. If this is the only thing keeping you away from an evil deity then perhaps its worth checking out!
    Choosing a deity is not an end all be all. Certain situations require a specific deity just to adjust to your particular play style or raid set up. If for example, your often stuck in group 4 without sufficient heals, consider Rallos Zek until that situation is rectified. Now switch! Choosing a deity should be a fun addition to any class. Regardless of which one you select, there is no perfect answer and there will never be a deity miracle that is a game changer for your class. Choose it for utility or a few extra points on your zonewide parse but dont be burdened with ridicule because someone doesnt understand your deity choice.
  6. ARCHIVED-tomsky Guest

ZUES wrote:
    Points in Red!
  7. ARCHIVED-decator666 Guest

Hi...Thanks for these guides...It's always great to have a source to help level especially in this game.
    I noticed there are no guides for 70-92...that's where I have been getting stuck bad. I think part of my problem is that my AA bar is over 50% because i don't want to have to grind AA once I get to 90. Also, I'm not a big fan of dungeons as they just get me killed and I have to deal with xp debt alot more...
    Do you have any guides for regular questing in these levels?
    Thanks!
  8. ARCHIVED-Mermut Guest

Tunare is pretty good for healers..
    Nature's Caress is a blessing that provides 15% extra heals/wards for 10 minutes
    Growth's Replinishment is a miracle that heals the group 30% of max health instantly and every 6 sec for 30 seconds
  9. ARCHIVED-Mohee Guest

Tank Deity...
    I always prefer The Tribunal. Scales of Justice + Prejury and im good to go.
    Scales of Justice = 20% of ALL damage converted into heal. Duration - 10 minutes.
    WIN