Guides for old raids

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Bisonhawk, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If you click the history tab, you can see all past edits.

For some of the CD sig line quests, the ones that require you to go into an instance, the strategy for the instances have been moved to the individual instance pages, and an instruction has been placed in the quest steps saying that's where to go look for those steps.

The reason for this is that the instance strategy needs to be on the instance page. If we duplicate it in a quest page, there is no way to keep both copies in synch.
  2. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Oh so you are the wiki god too now? Great.
    Eradani likes this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I am a wiki minion, just as anyone is who wants to edit the articles. I'm testing in Beta and updating wiki pages, as are dozens of others.
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  4. chaospunk New Member

if you have to rely on ACT triggers you are not a good player, infact you cant even call yourself hardcore, i would remove a member from my guild if he used triggers, i want people who pay attention to what is actually happening.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Then you're chopping off your nose to spite your face.

There is SO VERY DANG MUCH text flying by, it's all to easy to miss some text that's visible only for a second. Healers are busy watching health. DPS is mashing buttons trying for max DPS output. It can be deadly for a tank to miss a barrage call.

Given the overwhelming popularity of tools such as RaidHub and ACT etc., I guarantee that hardcore guilds are using these tools to their max potential.

Just don't sprain your shoulder while patting yourself on the back there.
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  6. chaospunk New Member

it is easy to seperate the text
  7. Bludd Well-Known Member

wonder if you have played any new content with your 0 resolve warlock
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  8. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if he's actually played the game at all. I mean, other than to get all that killer DoV TOFS heroic gear.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  9. chaospunk New Member

why would i want to play this game anymore, they have chased the pop away, all thats left is you snowflakes.
  10. Bludd Well-Known Member

<3 <3 <3
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  11. Gregore Active Member

Lady mirenilla can be 1-shotted. I 1-shot her everytime I go in there.
  12. chaospunk New Member

and i am raiding in a progression guild whom is on DoV content, if you dont get resolve in that content.
  13. Crock Member

The raids in EQ2 changed quite a lot from DoV-time ones. Already even in Chains of Eternity raids there are some none-1shot cases, like Drinal in Harrow's End raid. If you one-shot him before his platform raises to the top, he drops either nothing at all, or entirely no gear in his chest, don't quite remember anymore.
    And the more challenging ToV raids, Guardian's Edifice (T2) and The Dreadscale's Maw (T3) had some pretty tricky non-1shot conditions, especially the latter which was a nightmare of difficult back in the day. Final boss in Fabled Deathtoll, Tarinax, also didn't work with 1-shot, he stayed at 1 health and couldn't be killed anymore. Although with current dps numbers maybe it works now. Altar of Malice raids were even more tricky, except for the easiest one.
    If you had no ACT in ToV or later, you were encouraged to use one, or eventually kept out of groups.

In DoV, only Tserrina in Tower of Frozen Shadow x2 could be one-shotted years ago, which was a failed kill though, and was fixed later to prevent any 1-shot. Plane of War had fore-last boss twins which had to be killed both at the same time, doable by 1-shot on both of them. In Skyshrine: The Underdepths some names had to be worked on carefully, if their Challenge versions wanted to be fought, but that was optional, they could all simply be 1-shot as well, albeit with inferior gear with no special appearance, unlike the Challenge drops. All other zones could be done entirely with 1-shots from what I remember, there was no stop barrier like from ToV zones on.