Guides and the Guide Program.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Twicket, Mar 16, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Salticidae Guest

LoneGreyWolf20 wrote:
    I don't believe so, though you must be active on your play account to guide - so while level may not hinder you, if you log in once and a great while, that may. There are people who primarily roleplay and/or craft and don't progress in adventure levels. There are also folks who lock their levels on pvp - so I would assume that as long as you meet the basic level & real life age requirements, and put in a good application, you're good to go.
  2. ARCHIVED-stavery Guest

just curious as to how long it normally takes the mentor to contact you after you've been accepted into the program
  3. ARCHIVED-Rqron Guest

I have attacked a monster in a raid group 8 times now to multiple wipes POOF a EASY BUTTON appears " FLASHING IN RED LETTERS" want some help with that or wanna continue trying on your own?", again in moderation but hell yeah this would be a welcome to many raiding groups I have partcipated in. Guess what that raiding group will be talking about for perhaps years! yes you got it another level to the game that can and will enhance the game for many many players.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________
    There I fixed it for ya.

J.C.
  4. ARCHIVED-JLJAM Guest

Would you guys be looking for players who have been a guide in EQ 1?
  5. ARCHIVED-Salticidae Guest

JLJAM, anyone who is interested can & should app. If you were a guide from EQ1, I suspect you'd already have a feel for how things will work, but it is not necessary or a pre-requisite to join.

"just curious as to how long it normally takes the mentor to contact you after you've been accepted into the program"
    I've had friends app and get through in a couple weeks. Mine took over a month - I apped in August and started training the end of October. When I joined, Kithicor was in the process of a Senior guide changing of the guard, so that could have been why it took a while.

Just a theory, though.

6. ARCHIVED-stavery Guest

deleted by author... i read green to mean green
  7. ARCHIVED-Cboathx Guest

stavery wrote:
    Actually, we don't know whether or not you've been accepted into the guide program.

Though, if there is an issue with a Senior Guide (in this case your mentor) not contacting you or scheduling you for training, then you should write a message and direct it to the Guide Mail box (guideadmin@soe.sony.com).

Sincerely,

Guide Cboath
    Najena Server
    "...It was prophesied that death and destruction would come to Norrath, yet I've returned..."
  8. ARCHIVED-Paladin776 Guest

JLJAM wrote:
    I believe this is still current, but if you were a Guide in the past, all you need to do is send an email to the Guide Admin address, specifying your interest in returning and what your previous guide name was, and they will let you know what you need to do to get back in.
  9. ARCHIVED-stavery Guest

my understanding was that everyone whose name is green on the forum was a game guide
  10. ARCHIVED-Meitner Guest

Right now, the only wya to tell if someone is a guide on the forums is if their title is guide, the color of their name is unrelated. Besides wich, the forum account we post from as guides is not related to the forum account for our player accounts.
  11. ARCHIVED-stavery Guest

http://eq2players.station.sony.com/...tent.vm?id=1614
    lifted off the eq2 news page:
    "Some folks may have seen in the forums that there are some new green names. Those hearty folks are in-game guides, and they've been unleashed on the forums as well! If you want to find out more about that hearty breed, check here!"

So I'm confused now, are the people who post whose names are in green game guides or not?
  12. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

From what I have seen and read, Game guides have a totally separate account to Guide on....

A guide can never tell who his Real playing characters are...
  13. ARCHIVED-StormCinder Guest

stavery wrote:
    Brain: Greetings gentlemen. I've called you together to make introductions: Right-hand, this is Left-hand. Left-hand, this is Right-hand. I think you'll find that you have both been hard at work in close proximity, but oddly seem to have no knowledge of each others' work.
    SC
  14. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

stavery wrote:
    They used a color that was already being used on the forum. Green does not just mean guide but all guides are green .. look at the actual title .. you are "master" not guide.

On that note .. someone should change that ;)
  15. ARCHIVED-gith Guest

Security Concern:

I am concerned as to why you need our station Account password on the application form?
    And also who has access to this information?
  16. ARCHIVED-Miladian Guest

Rlaal@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Meitner wrote this on the first page of this thread "It does ask for your station name and password, but only to verify that you do, in fact, play an everquest game."
  17. ARCHIVED-gith Guest

Miladian wrote:
    You don't need the password to verify you have a station account, I am sure SoE can provide them with info that they are subscribed based purely on the Station account name.. Just sound exceedingly dodgy to me.. especially in light of news of account hacking of late.. Not saying thats whats going on of course. Just sounds wrong to give out your password out like that without knowing how its being used and why its required.
  18. ARCHIVED-Castonu Guest

Actually when you get onto the application site and have to input your Station Name and password is no different then logging into the EQ2 players website. It is proving to them you are a registered player for SOE games is all. Don't we also log into the forums to be able to post? No difference.
  19. ARCHIVED-Meitner Guest

I'm not on the team that handles applications, so I can't answer alot of questions as to how the pasword is used, other than to verify that you actually own the account you are trying to sign up as a guide with. Why you would try to sign someone else up without them knowing, I don't know.
    To answer your concerns about hacking, it is a station.sony.com website, just like the forums and eq2 players. I think our system is not compatable with the universal login on the other official sites, but that is pure speculation on my part.
    I know that logging in on something that doesn't look like you are used to on the boards or for the game is a bit weird, but ever guide who has served did it at one point or another, and we've never been asked for our play account pw after that point.
  20. ARCHIVED-Rqron Guest

Rlaal@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    According to SOE's own posting, nobody at SOE or affiliated with SOE will "EVER" ask you your account name or password as they have ample ways to find this out them self......what is true?

Only recently one of the C.S. people insisted in a e-mail (ticket) that they can NOT help me with a problem if I do not tell them the password to my account (they had the account name of course from the ticket). And so the issue was not solved...I do believe the poster about left / right hand is ABSOLUTELY correct. People at SOE or affiliated with SOE make procedures up on the fly without talking to each other. As interesting as this guide program is..it is a death issue if it lacks the security needed and does not even abide by the same rules cooperate is posting.

J.C.