Guide to Learning Tradeskills

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-GameAmpShaman, Nov 24, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-GameAmpShaman Guest

I thought I would post this for anyone who hasn't expiremented with tradeskilling too much yet, or they aren't quite grasping it.

I wrote a guide available over at GameAmp http://everquest2.gameamp.com/guide/viewGuides/110.php

Rather than being a level X to level Y guide, I try to explain the way the methodologies of the system and how to learn the best combinations of tradeskill abilities to use. That way at higher levels you can still achieve lvl 4 crafts. It's worth a read if you're interested and please feel to let me know if I've left anything out or anything is unclear.

Enjoy!
  2. ARCHIVED-FrankBuck Guest

A great guide. Thanks a lot for that.

I had missed the fact that you could use your skills any time you wanted. I just used them to counter the bad effects I saw.

The more I learn about this crafting system, the more I like it.

Dokefaes
    Ratonga Bard of Qeynos
    Lucan DLere server
  3. ARCHIVED-VampyrO Guest

4. ARCHIVED-Grimmric Guest

Thank you Shaman
    I will use the new knowledge tonight to create some backpacks to solve the problem with to few slots.
  5. ARCHIVED-Chimihou Guest

Funny, Shaman, you're using my old avatar from several community sites (non game related). Name: Lestaticon

Either that, or we have exactly the same tastes. I made it from a doctor who image at the bbc website. Exactly the same cropping!

Great guide.
  6. ARCHIVED-LadyMist Guest

Have they fixed craftsman scrolls yet??? :smileysad:
  7. ARCHIVED-Caelendar Guest

Cool guide. Once i know for sure which way is up, I'll try my hand at creating things.
  8. ARCHIVED-Rintar Guest

i think that the way tradeskills work is great . the way receipes are done sux ..big time ..for instance i became a craftsman at lvl10 and the first wholesaler task was 10 double maple beds now to make the said beds i needed iron spikes and stroma wash which were no where to be found for a player of craftsman class. so i built a caster class and took his tradeskill up to 10 as a scholar to purchase the necessary book to make stroma reagents but now have 2 iron bar receipes in my book lol..status just gets ya coin and thats where i have a problem . you should only have to join 1 society and the status you earn can be redeemed for receipes based on the path you choose. its very frustrating to be asked to complete a quest in tradeskills based on the path you chose only to find out that you lack the basic receipes needed for that skill.. i don't think i should have to go outside my chosen skill to complete quests involving that skill ... plz revamp the way the receipes books are written so at least ya get the basic receipes to make the neccessary ingredients to complete your product .. its like yer givin me the receipe for how to cook a duck and askin me to build a friggin rocket lol hope some more read this and aggree thx
  9. ARCHIVED-diablo0813 Guest

Woot another great tradeskill guide. Thanks Shaman
  10. ARCHIVED-Taint Guest

11. ARCHIVED-Nitestar Guest

Ladymist the last I checked which was last night the craftsman advanced volumes had not been fixed.
  12. ARCHIVED-Knockjohn Guest

Good Guide - like the links too :smileyhappy:
  13. ARCHIVED-Freestyle282 Guest

thanks a bunch, i knew nothing about abilities, just got to lvl 15 by crappy items, thanks a lot