Guide to Being a Successful WarlockTank! Version 2.0 Released!

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Obviousman, Jan 8, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Futility Guest

*Since my account is currently being used by other people, I had to create a new one for these forums. This is the topic creator*
    The original post needs to be updated in order to be up-to-date with TSO. I'm not certain when I'll get around to it, but it might take a while for me to recompile all the data. It will contain my new AA specs, including what I plan to do with the Shadow Line, and all the new and sexy gear and how that plays into it. When the update comes, it will be a massive overhaul, so stay tight!
  2. ARCHIVED-Gaibban Guest

Any suggestions for speccing the warlock training points under character development?
  3. ARCHIVED-bryan79 Guest

Gaibban wrote:
    Master II choices should be the same as what you would choose strictly for dps at whatever level you happen to be. The only part of character development that gives any tanking benefit is all of the +max health character trait choices, and to a much lesser extent the +stamina choices. Also, at lvl 46 you can choose an extra 240 mit vs. crushing damage.
  4. ARCHIVED-Gaibban Guest

5. ARCHIVED-bryan79 Guest

That's a good starting point. I played around with the int line in my defensive spec for a while, but ended up deciding that the extra +defense wasn't worth the large amount of points necessary to go down that line, and wasn't worth giving up a significant amount of dps from the extra casting & reuse speed of the agility line. If you're trying to go for absolute max avoidance though, then the int line with the +defense is worth trying out.
    Here's my current tanking AA spec, for what I believe to be a good compromise between dps & defensive ability.
    Sorceror Tree
    Warlock Tree
    Keep in mind, of course, some of the AA choices I have made may or may not be relevant to you in your situation leveling up. For example, for me, getting Vacuous was critical since it adds an extra 300 hate to the wicked wand's threat proc.
  6. ARCHIVED-Primalooze Guest

This is my tank spec that i have stored in my mirror... with the right gear i have had no trouble tanking "Hole" and some of the easier T9 instances as long as im with a bard and semi-decent healer.
    http://www.beetny.com/eq2aa/?m02p14...@15@31@15555511
    The Int line is the only bit im not sure on... i might replace it with the Agi line in a future version..
  7. ARCHIVED-Taipans Guest

Its been awhile since someone has commented on this thread. It sounds like a great solo idea, I don't think I will be tanking for a group any time soon. However the root / nuke / root gets boring, and if ANYTHING breaks on me I die almost instantly even from even con mobs as I have my self setup for group DPS. I do have a mirror, so I was hoping to set myself up as max DPS / this tank idea for solo play. But I was wondering how its been working out since the OP was a few years ago? Any AA changes / nerfs to avoid, and has anyone perfected this idea yet?
    Thanks for any updates!
  8. ARCHIVED-Chunkaliscious Guest

Dont know about perfecting this, but at T4 running a similar set up I can regulary tank for a small 4 man group. Level locked at 39 with max AAs I am pretty unstoppable, unless we get a hold of too many ^^^s. As long as I am smart about pulling though I can get through just about anything. I really wish we had an actual taunt or a rescue type ability though. Its not often I lose aggro but when I do I would love to be able to snap it back.