Guide to Ashen Order Quests

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Cwiyk, Sep 23, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-x0rtrunks Guest

[expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]! And i took harpy mastery just to help grinding faction!

Appropriate well thought out quest rewards in eq2?! surely you jest sir. keep that talk up and someone will be around to ask you to leave.
  2. ARCHIVED-Kaleyen Guest

Can someone confirm something for me. Heard through word of mouth that you need to be ally which is 40k faction, but reading here I get the impression that you need 50k faction.

Which is it?
  3. ARCHIVED-Kaleyen Guest

Anyone?
  4. ARCHIVED-MadBarman Guest

Ally starts at 40k, max ally is 50k. You need to be max ally to get the final quest
  5. ARCHIVED-Kaleyen Guest

6. ARCHIVED-Kaleyen Guest

Ok, I can't find the part where you kick the dummy or sit on the mat. I'm in the camp where Kufu is, am I at the wrong place?
  7. ARCHIVED-Kaleyen Guest

Quest: Learning the Way from Master Kiri (fixed, completable as of 11/09/05)
    First part of quest: Killing fifteen Ashen disciples
    Simply kill any 15 Ashen Disciples.
    Second part of quest: Speak with Jun Shan and complete the warm up task
    Enter the Cave of Knowledge instance “The Ashen Elite Training Grounds.”
    Jun Shan is at +181 0 +222, past the agro Ashen acolytes, past Master Lu Ree, next to the training dummy at the edge of the pond. Jun Shan says to punch the dummy till it breaks. You need to click it repeatedly quite a few times. Continue doing so until you get a journal update.
    Third part of quest: Speak with Lee Chen and complete the required meditation
    Lee Chen is at +194 0 +272, sitting on a meditation mat near the pond. Lee Chen says to meditate on the mat next to her (him?). Sit down on the mat next to Lee Chen for a few moments and you will receive a journal update.
    Fourth part of quest: Speak with T(can't remember full name) and learn to take a hit.
    T is standing next to the pond near the training dummy. Speak with T and she will "punch" you. (You take no damage though you are knocked back a ways.) Speak to T repeatedly until you receive the journal update.
    Fifth part of Quest: Return to Master Kiri to receive your reward.
    Return to Master Kiri, who congradulates you and bestows upon you the suffix title "the Jade Tiger."
    Reward: Suffix title "the Jade Tiger"

I'm at the underlined/bolded/red part. At loc 181, 0, 222 and nothing is there but some KOS caimens.
  8. ARCHIVED-Cwiyk Guest

Then you aren't in the correct instance. It sounds like you're in Cave of Knowledge, when you need to be in the Ashen Elite Training Ground. If you have the quest but don't have that option, try double checking to make sure you have max ally status. :)
  9. ARCHIVED-Kaleyen Guest

Brice, you're my hero
  10. ARCHIVED-Luna242 Guest

Trials of Ash gives 1000 faction now, service 2000 if i recall. Might want to add that its bloody annoying and near impossible to complete these though, since ign teams have all goblins locked down, soe seem to cater to the plat teams so much, the rest of us suffer.
  11. ARCHIVED-FlowerFist Guest

5th Quest: "Trials of Ash" from from Shu Fang Qi / "Proving Ground" from Shing Ho
    Faction Prerequisite: KindlySubmitted by: RyanTSi aka Lonno - 50 Monk -Permafrost-
    Various tasks are given to you at once. You will be given tasks to defeat 4 random types of mobs of higher level then the previous quest. If you don’t like the 4 types of mobs you need to slay, you can delete the quest and receive it again for 4 new random types. Shu Fang Qi gives this quest out to you over and over, giving you 500 faction each time you complete it.
    this is as far as i got, after the 9/22 update i can no longer solo these mobs
    Addendum from information posted by Dfoley323 in the thread Trial of Ash:
    " Heres the pit fall the mobs u need are buged, rather some of them are
    Sandcrawler marauders dont update
    Enlightened desert prophets are ultra rare (only seen them spawn with named heroic groups so PLS tell me if anyone else finds a better spot)"
    " List of mobs currently working, and soloable
    Sandcrawler soldiers, dioblists, shamaners
    desert prophets, lunatics (note NOT the enlightened ones, if it gives them decline)
    Flame tornados
    gilded falcons
    mobs that arent soloable/updating
    pointed marlins, enlightened prophets, enlightened lunatics, sandcrawler mauraders, sea turtles

Reward: 500 faction

I'm doing the Trials of ash now, and the Marauders are updating for me, so I would assume this bug has been fixed for all (I'd hope anyway) If anyone had already said this...don't mind me...
  12. ARCHIVED-JinjAB Guest

I just got my Jade Tiger title (the ally to max ally was a pita) and can confirm also that maruaders are updating :) Oh, and it's 1000 faction, not 500
  13. ARCHIVED-selch Guest

Is there any other way of getting Order faction instead of killing Disciples at the moment?

43,160 faction with Ashen Order and not really want to be Kos yet.
  14. ARCHIVED-NerissaRavenHeart Guest

That is what I'm wanting to find out, killing triple up Ashen Disciple Monks is kinda a pain in the keiser. =). But if it must be done, then it shall be done. =)
    But would be nice to be able to kill something a little more easier to get + faction to get the quest from the Master.

Masuimi
  15. ARCHIVED-selch Guest

Well, to be honest, "You gotto do what you gotto do"

Done it finally, K.O.S to all Ashen Disciples now.. Now carnage time for farming :p

Seems there is no other way to increase factions with them and they removed Harpies from that. So if you want to be Teh Jedi *cough* Jade Tiger, better find a healer who wants it as well :)
  16. ARCHIVED-NerissaRavenHeart Guest

Yeah I already kinda figured that since they stopped the harpies, too bad I wasn't doing this quest when the harpies would count towards faction. I've always usually have a healer = to my level or higher with me. =). So there's no problem there for me for that. Just urks me the small amount of faction one triple up gives you. Lol. But I've been killing them continously though. I will get this quest done sooner or later.
  17. ARCHIVED-selch Guest

Point is: "DO NOT LOOK DOWN!" er.. "DO NOT LOOK FACTION TABLE!" or you will get so pessimist..
    Kill them till you get KoS then can check after :)
  18. ARCHIVED-pootski Guest

I believe this has been mentioned a few times. No need to kill triple ups. Just go to the carpet area, and watch for a monk and a harpy to do battle. Hit the monk once with a ranged, and when the harpy kills the monk, you get the faction. I generaly waited till it was obvious that the harpy would win so I didnt have a pissed off monk chasing after me.

This was quite a while ago, and worked then. Perhaps with the "locked" encounter patch a while ago, you no longer get the faction hit.
  19. ARCHIVED-NerissaRavenHeart Guest

Here's what I was doing I was grabbing the triple up disciple and running up to the Two Ashen Order Elite Monks at the Door and waiting for the Triple up Ashen Disciple to do an AoE and the two Ashen Order elites beat on him and I FD until it's dead. I was watching the Faction Window and they went up everytime. Sometimes it was a long time before the Disciple would do an AoE so I couldn't do it all the time. That's the only way I was doing it. Just takes too darn long to kill a triple up nowadays. At least solo or duo.

What do you mean don't look down to the other poster? KoS? You mean they are going to turn to Kill on Sight?

Masuimi...
  20. ARCHIVED-selch Guest

Yes Kill on Sight, at Level 70, may be it does not matter much. However someone like me at L57 against L56 triple ups as duo rocking and exciting for sure :)
    Why KoS? Because without killing a single Ashen Disciple even with doing their initial quest, after getting 40K with Order quests, you need to kill more than getting -40K faction (which is kill on sight limit) NOTE: You loose 100 faction of Disciples and gain 50 of Order for each, so it is long long way.
    Whenever I get there it is nice to see blue heroic guys flashing red outline to me :)
    Well, I really got bored on killing triple up heroics, so I decided to get large but easier groups in Order area like 16 - 30 groups. Can kill 16 groups as duo and over 20 at 30 groups before evac but it is hella fun.
    Beside that's where I notice "Tsunami leaking many CA's and even casual hits" and with Spirit of Bat buff (not totem one) and Flowing Thought x 10 on my wife to keep me healing, I strongly recommend every single monk to try this experience with Extreme Performance Settings.

Message Edited by selch on 04-11-2006 07:49 AM