Guide to Ashen Order Quests

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Cwiyk, Sep 23, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Colossaltitan Guest

2. ARCHIVED-MisguidedAngel Guest

hehe j/k.. j/k..
    on the reverse, do any of you know a good spot to kill ashen order monks?
  3. ARCHIVED-Azuthzero Guest

Is it not possible to get both titles? I recently obtained the Jade Tiger title from the Ashen Order group, and thought, "Awesome title, I wonder if the Disciple title is as cool." SO I've been slaughtering Ashen Order monks for a while and finally maxed my disciple standing and got the "Elite Training" quest from Master Ko. I zoned into the elite training grounds instance, however the dummy does not seem to be destroyable..... This sucks, as I think the Ebon Dragon title is pretty cool.

I petitioned and was told to /bug it, which I did. Anyone else have any insight on this? ^_^

Btw, I'm a Qeynos citizen.
  4. ARCHIVED-curtlewis Guest

I got to the part where you have to kill Ashen Disciples to get max ally.

I'd done every quest and had 7090 faction points to get to hit max ally. After killing a few Ashen Disciples, I determined you get +50 faction for each one, no matter what type (I've only done ^^ and lower). This means I needed 140 more kills.

That's a hell of a lot more than an hour. The ultimate in boredom.

I spent 3 hours assisting Harpy's in killing disciples and finally managed to wade through the ridiculous faction crap. Then, as I expected from the outline at the head of the post here (thanks for putting that together, btw!) I had to kill even MORE. I managed to find a good spot for half of em and wrapped up the quest.

The quest kind of needs a reward at the end other than the title. I know you get some iterms here and there along the way, but they were all vendor trash for me and I'm not exactly loaded down with Fabled gear (I have none in fact).

Message Edited by curtlewis on 12-10-2005 11:50 PM
  5. ARCHIVED-erinn Guest

Thanks so much for all the information in this thread. My duo'ing partner and I completed this yesterday, and really enjoyed this line of quests. I'll agree that it would have been nice to have some additional reward (perhaps a nice gi or something), but it was fun regardless.
    Good exp, too - between the quest exp rewards and all the exp from the bazillion mobs that had to be killed, we went from basically level 52 to almost 56 just doing this line of quests.
    Well done, SOE - I love these sort of long, drawn-out quests consisting of tons of sub-quests, that can all be done solo or with a single partner rather than requiring full groups or raids.
    Message Edited by erinn on 12-12-2005 10:07 AM
  6. ARCHIVED-Cwiyk Guest

I'm glad y'all have made use of the guide. :) And yes, I would have liked to have been given more rewards along the way to completing the series. Although its not part of any quest, there is a gi that you can attain by killing a named Ashen Disciple mob. For more details on that see the information about Wai Yuk the Cousin of the Sea in the Loot from Ashen Order and Ashen Disciple monks thread. :)
  7. ARCHIVED-Kronadin Guest

And thanks for the great guide, it's been very helpful already. :smileyhappy:
  8. ARCHIVED-Gorag1 Guest

Updates from FP side
    5th Quest: Trials of Ash from from Shu Fang Qi / ?? from Shing Ho-Proving Ground is FP quest
    6th Quest: Strange Deliveries from Shu Fang Qi-Same Name, from Shing Ho, identical to order quest
    7th Quest: Diplomatic Liasons from Shu Fang Qi-Same Name, from Shing Ho, sends you to Big Bend to talk to Enforcer Drulk
    8th Quest: A Split in the Ashen Order from Zhao Wu-Called Kufu's Intentions from Shen Rai (9, -68, -1300) Need to walk thru Cave of Knowledge and right click an item near Master Kufu.
    Final Quest: Elite Training from Master Ko, he's in the big pit beneath the 2 named grandmother and grandfather mobs
  9. ARCHIVED-VikodiN Guest

Thanks for the write-up and updating. :)
  10. ARCHIVED-Ever-Befallen Guest

Ashen Disciplines can kill harpies as an alternative ..
    what can Ashen Order kill? I've tried harpies, djinn, sandscrawler .. hoping for something I can solo ..
  11. ARCHIVED-Cwiyk Guest

To my knowledge, the only faction of mobs that you can kill to increase Ashen Order faction is Ashen Disciple mobs. So, if you want to get max Ashen Order faction either keep doing those solo kill task quests or get a group of friends together and kill the groupx2 packs of Ashen Disciples.
  12. ARCHIVED-Ever-Befallen Guest

Where do I find the solo kill tasks? He won't give them to me now that I'm ally?
  13. ARCHIVED-Cwiyk Guest

Ahh, if you're reached ally you'll have to kill Disciples to reach max ally. And sorry but there are no solo encounter mobs on Disciple faction.
  14. ARCHIVED-Ever-Befallen Guest

Ugh, another good reason to be evil .. they can kill harpies ;)
  15. ARCHIVED-Cwiyk Guest

I too have completed the Ashen Order quest series and received my "the Jade Tiger" title. I killed loads of harpies to max out my Ashen Disciple faction and the Ashen Disciple npc's finally let me do the last two quests. Except I too am stuck on this same problem. I've killed the 15 Ashen Order monks for the first step of the quest, I've zoned into the instance "Ashen Elite Training Ground" and I've clicked on the training dummy for at least 5 minutes over and over. Now, when I did the Ashen Order series this step (destroy the training dummy to complete the warm up task) only took maybe 10 seconds of clicking.

So, I ask everyone thats done this to please submit /bug reports about this problem and maybe we'll get some sort of response.
  16. ARCHIVED-Joechuk Guest

I have just finished the Ashen Order side, and the training dummy would not explode until AFTER i had talked with Master Lu Ree..

Perhaps you need to talk the the equivalent (not sure if same name ) in that zone first...
  17. ARCHIVED-Cwiyk Guest

I have tried speaking to the NPC's, tried killing the agro monks, tried deleting the quest and starting it over, etc. None of that has worked.
  18. ARCHIVED-Tokimasa Guest

Hi,
    I have exactly the same problem. I am a qeynosien monk, made the jade tiger title, then maxed ally disciple faction killing harpies, etc etc, and the dummy does not update.
    Actually, the quests learning the way and elite training do work. But something prevents us from getting our update. Like Cwiyk, i made a lot of tests. The only thing i am not atm not courageous enough to test is (both my factions order and disciple are maxed) : maybe we need a negative faction with the opposite school to get the update from the dummy ...
    I have this prob since december the 13th. I petitioned, reported bug, posted in the soe quest forum, but nothing new for moment. Maybe we are not enough to get the devs working on this prob for moment.

Tokimasa - Monk 60 - Storms

Message Edited by Tokimasa on 01-06-200603:39 AM
  19. ARCHIVED-QDOG5 Guest

If you are on the evil/Freeport side, I would reccommend just killing Harpys 90% of the time. You only have to do each quest (Diciple Edicts and Proving Grounds) once.
    I'm still on the final quest. Thanks for the nice guide! :smileywink:
  20. ARCHIVED-sarsippius Guest

Harpies no longer give disciple faction :/

I'll prolly wait til the expansion to complete this, ashen monks are a pain to hit on a regular basis lol.. darn monks and your avoidance ,darn you! (I'm a bruiser, teehee).

I was reading through these posts and has any qeynos based chars gotten the ebon dragon title yet? or evils gotten the jade tiger? I didnt even realize you could do the counter quests, just figured good went one way, with the order, and evil the other way, with the disciples.

Oh, by the way. I agree, quest rewards would be a bit nice here. These guys are the monks and bruisers of the world, ashen order has always been associated with monks, since EQ1.. and for quest reward, I had 3 choices as a bruiser, only one I could use which had like 12 int and some other stuff that was worthless to me. I dont remember which quest I got that from, think second to the last one. Something, even if it isnt great, thats more designed for a monk/ bruiser would be more appropiate here.
    Message Edited by sarsippius on 02-07-200603:49 AM