Guide: Planar Crafting Completionist

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Darchon6, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Darchon6 Member

I would like to shed some light on the details surrounding the [V] orange adornment recipes and the tradeskill achievement "Planar Crafting Completionist" with its resulting mfount.

There are a total of 12 fabled crafting components: 4 dropped, 8 clicked:
    • Dropped Components: Fire Mephit Blood, Bubonian Blood, Sillocorrosive Grease, and Storm Rider's Blood. Each of these will drop from the chest of the final named in any heroic instance in Planes of Prophecy (aside from event heroics). Exception: Storm Rider's Blood will always drop from the chest on the lightning (west) side of Winds of Change (clickable components in Torden: Winds of Change become accessible after killing the final named on this side too even if the other side is left uncleared).
    • Clickable Components:clockwork grease, clockwork carapace, fiery granite, solidified magma, stormwatcher's horn, drop of pure rain, foul smelling liquid, and putrid ooze. These components are not bound by group looting restrictions and NOBODY will know when a player in the group clicks on them as it does not produce a message. Be careful with who you decide to group with!
    When the final named in the non-event heroic instance is defeated, there's a 33% chance for a dropped component, a 33% chance for clickable component #1, and 33% chance for clickable component #2. Only one type can appear in a given instance, and there's a 100% chance for something to appear. If none of the clickable components can be interacted with when the last named didn't drop a component, it means that someone in the group clicked it.

Note: I have not discovered any clickable components in Torden, Bastion of Thunder: Tower Breach or Plane of Innovation: Gears in the Machine, though they still produce dropped components.

1. Clockwork Grease and Clockwork Carapace: These spawn on various junk piles throughout Masks of the Marvelous. The grease is from a fallen clockwork -- very easy to identify due to its size. Clockwork carapace doesn't have a static appearance -- it can be a number of different clickable objects on the junk piles. Most of the locations for these are to the left and right of the entrance, in the same room as the 3rd named, and in the back of the zone near the final named.

2. Fiery Granite: This component is from lava pillars in the left and right corridors on the top floor of Obsidian Core. There's a location in Monolith of Fire too, though I have not confirmed its whereabouts.

3. Solidified Magma: It can appear on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th subfloors of Obsidian Core from a large circle of magma & the final named room in Monolith of Fire.

4. Stormwatcher's Horn: This is probably the most difficult component to locate -- it's an invisible clickable that appears in the front of towers adjacent to the ramp leading to the top of the lightning section of Winds of Change. Keep in mind that it can appear on a ledge which is otherwise unreachable without jumping from a higher platform. Mouse over the towers until you see the cursor change into a hand to locate it (there isn't a maximum range on this functionality).

5. Drop of Pure Rain: It is from a small gargoyle corpse from the lightning side of Winds of Change. It has 2 spawn locations on the top platform near the double named encounter, otherwise it appears in various alcoves to the left of the ramp leading up.

6. Foul Smelling Liquid is from coffins at the entrance of Outbreak and from various pods that are part of the strategy of the 2nd named encounter in The Source.

7. Putrid Ooze: It can appear on the various zits between the 1st and 2nd named encounters in Outbreak and from surrounding islands near the 2nd named in The Source. It's a small green ooze that's rather difficult to see without being right on top of it.

Examining each of these components will provide a recipe (12 components = 12 recipes).

Each recipe requires all 4 components in its category.

Category 1 = Bubonian Blood, Storm Rider's Blood, Sillocorrosive Grease, and Fire Mephit Blood.
    Category 2 = Foul Smelling Liquid, Clockwork Grease, Stormwatcher's Horn, and Fiery Granite.
    Category 3 = Putrid Ooze, Solidified Magma, Clockwork Carapace, and Drop of Pure Rain.

That's a total of 48 components required for the achievement.

Completing 3 recipes corresponding with a single zone (e.g. Plane of Disease) will complete a hidden sub-achievement that rewards the player with 1 of 4 tier 5 orange adornment recipes.

Each orange adornment recipe requires 1x essence of magic, 100x planar fragments, 40x planar powders, and 20x infusions of the planes.
  2. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Wow.

Thanks for writing this up, Darchon. That's bonkers.
    Prissetta and Xillean like this.
  3. Keedahm Member

Hardcore tradeskilling right there! :p

Thanks for the write-up Darchon6 :)
    Shmogre and Prissetta like this.
  4. Kielex Well-Known Member

You rock, thank you!
  5. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Seems very adventurous for crafters to obtain.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

Yup.. the only 'tradeskill' content in the game is 95% adventure related... Devs have clearly decided that tradeskilling is not a viable game-play style this expansion.
    Feldon, Mindsway and Xillean like this.
  7. Wimble Active Member

Youve complained repeatedly about that. Personally I think its amusing that the boot is now on the other foot. How many adventurers felt forced, compelled to level their toons in crafting so they could obtain the crafting cloak during KA. I will tell you, it was a lot. For the majority of the expansion the crafting timeline cloak was best in slot. Now crafters have a taste of that.

To say crafting is not viable in the expansion is ludicrous given the amount of important items spread across the tradeskill classes/types in this expansion. You have a lot to do: this post highlights I suppose an elite option that you may chose to participate in or not; in KA adventurers were more or less compelled to do TS in order to equip their character appropriately.
    Armageddoux likes this.
  8. Kari Well-Known Member

Thank you! My group spent this evening trying to figure out a small part of this system, so your write-up is truly appreciated.
  9. Melt Actually plays the game

oh no... something that gives stuff that is really good for adventurers requires adventuring to get? What an outrage! It's almost like having the earring of the solstice take tradeskilling to make.
    Armageddoux likes this.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

I actually adventure and tradeskill and have done a chunk of what the devs consider 'tradeskill' content this expac.
    Last expac I came out AGAINST forcing adventurers to be lvl 100 to get their epic 2.0s
    Both ideas are bad, in my opinion. The fact that neither are a hardship on me doesn't change my opinion nor my reasons for it.

Your assumption that people who think the way all off what the devs are calling tradeskill content is locked behind heroic content is a bad idea cannot GET to that 'content' suggests that you think people only call out things they think are 'wrong' if they are personally affected by it in a negative fashion says much about your outlook.
    Tkia, Alenna, Observing and 3 others like this.
  11. Vanyel Member

wrong wrong and wrong... They lost a Dev.. the one that did the crafting for YEARS.. and there's not enough staff to get the crafting done by release.. so it's all SLOWLY coming into the game.. has NOTHING to do with not caring and all about lack of staff, budget etc.,.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

The complaint is that all of these are located, in achievements, under tradeskill.. and are being billed by the devs as tradeskill content.
    If it was listed under adventure stuff, there wouldn't be this kerfuffle.
    Tkia and Xillean like this.
  13. Vanyel Member

They are still trade-skill as you have to craft them
    Snikkety likes this.
  14. Mermut Well-Known Member

Soooo... epic 2.0s should be considered and classified as tradeskill content.... since you have to craft something?
    Feldon, Tkia, Observing and 4 others like this.
  15. Melt Actually plays the game

yes, which was a pretty hot topic about this time last year when nobody wanted to craft them.
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

o_O
    You're saying that you consider epic 2.0 tradeskill content? That it should be classified as tradeskill content instead of heroic content?
    Feldon, Alenna and Xillean like this.
  17. Melt Actually plays the game

The grind, as far as time commitment, was fairly split between crafting and adventuring. But no, I was never arguing for classifying it as tradeskill content, just as this achievement really shouldn't be, which isn't what this thread is about.
    Mermut likes this.
  18. Kabbe Member

Thanks Darchon6 for taking the time writting this guide.
  19. Jhen Ro Active Member

Thank you for writing this up. This will help a lot of people!

The whole clickable part of it though... And it's just a matter of who got to it first and trust.... Bad design. Gives people yet another reason to avoid PUGs - if they didn't have enough reason to already.
  20. Wreakinn Member

Really appreciate the write-up. I have the quests for some of these, but apparently you can't proceed until you have ALL the mats, right? I don't even have the option to craft anything, just "find the components".

Pretty frustrating not having tradeskilling in the game, and man do I hate what they have done with oranges this expac
    Observing likes this.