Guide: Gaining Status 2018 - at least enough to keep "The Door" open

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Semperfifofum, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I'm retired, my guild is tiny and I just 'felt like' playing just now. I wandered through the world and tried to find all the ways my f2p account with a level 100 boosted character could gain enough status to just keep the door open of my guild. Call it curiosity, or imperfectionism, but it was interesting, with all the changes to the status system. Wrote a guide which might be wrong in places. So here it is:

https://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Subaltern/How_to_Grind_Status_in_2018_"Free_to_Play"_Mode

Enjoy, correct, discuss! :D
    Fali, Gullveig, Momo and 2 others like this.
  2. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

3. Galthier New Member

I didn't even know that the dgcissuetracker process existed, thanks for that !
    Rosyposy likes this.
  4. Galthier New Member

The tradeskill missions reward some very nice status items for each run, I do not know if they apply to ftp though.
    If I remember rightly the obulus frontier repeatable tradeskill missions reward 3x20k status shinies and the PoP tradeskill missions reward 3x30k status shinies. These were weekly quest missions. I'm not a big tradeskiller so maybe someone who knows for sure can confirm,correct or clarify it :)

Cheers for that guide too, great work.
    Semperfifofum and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

Don't get too excited. It's a fan site, not a DGC site. It has little or negative value.
  6. Saw-Lau Member

Ah - I had no idea. Thanks for the info.
    Dude likes this.
  7. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

While it may not be an official DBG site, I have seen a link to it on one of the windows in-game - /bug maybe? Sadly, there hasn't been much activity over there for a few months now... only seven issues have been created or updated since the beginning of August.
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

It's there all right. When you submit a /bug, one of the options is to actually submit the report or go to the issue tracker. That's why I say it has negative value. It makes people think that someone at DGC is actually looking at their issue, but it has nothing to do with anyone at DGC acting on their issue. That creates a situation where people are going to get mad.

Beyond that, it doesn't have much activity. The most recent issue listed as "resolved" is 01 July 2017. It was a bug that appears to have been fixed, but there is no indication that it was because of the website. The next most recent was 06 March 2017 and was a person who didn't understand how spells worked. Not exactly the kind of issues most people think of when asking for things to be fixed.

The best way to get an issue resolved is to submit it to DGC through /bug or /petition.
    Kheldar, Saw-Lau, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  9. Tommara Active Member

Thanks for the tips! First item I've bookmarked since I returned four days ago and finding myself the only one keeping the guild doors open. I'm paying for a subscription, and have pre-ordered the expansion, but haven't yet found better options than you suggested, so starting to doubt the wisdom of paying for content, among other things I've habitually done, like crafting.
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Almost every quest I have come across in Beta awards status. I have completed the TS Sig Line, I have done Dr Arcana's dailies about 11 times, and I am about 90% complete on the Adv Sig Line. So as someone that also is alone trying to keep my doors open, this is a blessing. I have kept the doors on my T4 open for 2 years by myself, mainly watching for double guild status weekends and completing Guide's Guide to Thalumbra and Nebulous Newsies on as many characters as I can.
  11. Tagorrah New Member

I don't know if Thalumbra is free without buying the expansion, but the daily/weekly crafting quests there reward decent status if you're a crafter.
    Level 100 Rush Orders still give around 30k status, but can only level the guild to 101.

For the free level 100 character, Chrono down to level 90 and run Shard of Hate raid. 5 nameds worth over 18k status at level 100. 21k status if you're 110. Easily accessible in Neriak since the ports are open to everyone now.
    Protector's Realm in Sebilis is also really fast mentored to level 90. 7 bosses at 18k/21k status.
    Toxxulia's Mound in the Sundered Frontier can also be soloed at level 100. It's at least 3 bosses worth 18k/21k each and takes about 5 minutes including travel time.

You can do all 3 raids twice a week for a total of half a million status.

I got around 5 million status in a month doing those 3 raids and the Altar of Malice solo missions.
    I couldn't solo Brokenskull Bay Contested at 100, but there are 5 or 6 daily missions in there that give 20k each. Easy if you're 110 or have a level 110 friend.
    Semperfifofum and Saw-Lau like this.
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

No, Thalumbra is not free to play. The last expansion that went free to play was AoM so free to play can go to Phantom Sea/Tranquil Sea and no further.
    Semperfifofum, Saw-Lau and Rosyposy like this.
  13. Occam Well-Known Member

Run old ToV raids. With a max lvl char you can blast through them pretty quickly, and end up with a bag of purple adorns that award 20-25k status each.
    Semperfifofum, Cyrrena and Saw-Lau like this.
  14. Occam Well-Known Member

I just ran Accursed Sanctum in ToV, start to finish in 12 minutes. After selling all the adorns I got I made 325,000 status. Not bad for 12 minutes work!