Guide Events?

Discussion in 'Guide and Player Events' started by Korargl, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Korargl New Member

Hi there,

Quick question on the guide events if someone can help please. I hear there is a mushroom type reward from one guide quest which can shrink the wearer by 50% and would love to have that item. I don't know the quest, I just recall someone chatting about it in level chat the other night on AB.

Unfortunately I'm not in the US so my prime play time is in the very small hours of the US morning. How does one go about tracking down when these guide events happen? I'd even happily take time off work if I knew particular events were scheduled.

Thanks,

Korargl
  2. Tallann Senior Guide

Hello, Korargl!

I assume that you are looking for this item on the Antonia Bayle server, but please correct me if I'm wrong so that I can make sure that the Guide team for your particular server sees your request. If my assumption is correct, though, I should be able to help you myself -- I do happen to know a curious fellow who has been known to gift adventurers with this particular item in exchange for some help with a hobby of his (some might call it an obsession, but I'll be kind). There is no need for you to take time off of work in order to obtain this item -- I'd be happy to accommodate your schedule (which coincidentally mimics my own anyway -- I'm a bit of a night owl). Just let me know which specific days/times would work for you (just to be safe, give me two or three different options so that we can find something that fits both of our schedules), and I'll arrange a meeting with the aforementioned curious fellow so that you can help each other out.

Additionally, you can keep an eye on this thread for news about other events on AB. Please note that we don't advertise every event there, so you might also find surprise events popping up from time to time, but we do try to give advanced notice when we're able to do so.

Thanks for your interest in our events!

- Tallann
  3. Korargl New Member

Hello to you Tallann,

Wow that is much more than I'd hoped for, I certainly appreciate your time. The few times that I've participated in guide events they have been a lot of fun. I recall one just outside of Blackburrow was the last one I'd managed to attend and it'd be great to be able to see more.

Yes that is correct, Antonia Bayle is where I call home. I'm very familiar with obsessions, I used to know a woman who was obsessed with gelatinous cubes. So much so she invited me to accompany her to Frostfell Wonderland Village to see the little faces in the gelatinous cubes there. Try as I might I just couldn't see what she was referring too. Later I discovered her "hobby" and was very happy to have had that experience.

My schedule is that I'm usually out adventuring with either Sennil (the one who would suit that shrink item) or Korargl from a little after 7pm NZDT most nights. Which if my time conversion calendar is working correctly is 00:00 PDT, 01:00 MDT, 02:00 CDT and 04:00 EDT. Interestingly enough this Saturday night some local Christchurch, New Zealand friends and I are getting together in real life to adventure together online. Added to that I also have some Australian friends who I adventure with frequently who also play in that time zone who would most likely be interested in guide events.

That said given you'll be the one burning the lamp oil I'll be more than happy to accommodate your evening schedule.

Safe adventuring to you,

Kor

Korargl – 95 Berserker
    Sennil – 95 Templar
  4. Tallann Senior Guide

I think that it would be 03:00 EDT (there is a three-hour time difference between PDT and EDT -- those blasted gnomes and their faulty tinkered creations! *grins*), but otherwise our respective findings seem to match up.

Since you've already got an event of your own planned for this Saturday, I'm sure that I could persuade this curious fellow to make an appearance that night (perhaps at 1:00 a.m. PDT / 4:00 a.m. EDT / 8:00 p.m. NZDT, to give you and your friends some time to get settled in so that you aren't rushing to be ready right at 7:00 p.m. NZDT) so that you and your friends could all help him out at the same time -- unless, of course, you already have grand plans for the evening and would prefer to see the fellow on a different day. Just let me know -- I can always convince him to appear on a different day if desired.

And again, it's really no trouble at all on my end -- I'm typically awake until at least midnight your time, so you won't be inconveniencing me at all.

- Tallann
  5. Korargl New Member

Hello,

Sounds fantastic! Good idea about the timing, this Saturday at 8pm would work very well indeed. I’ve put the word out to the few kiwi’s I know and the Aussie folks as well.

Our plans for that evening thus far include some guild writs and exploring the less hospitable areas of Kunark. I wouldn’t expect hundreds of people descending on your curious contact come the appointed hour but it will certainly be more than just one lone Kerra =)

Thanks again,

Kor
  6. Tallann Senior Guide

My pleasure. I'll be sure to let the curious fellow know to expect you and your friends at that time. He likes to hang out near the docks in the Frostfang Sea, by the way.

- Tallann
  7. Sapienta Active Member

Thank you very much, Tallann, for running this special event! I miss most of them because they happen during my working hours. I had to stay up a bit later than usual (I'm on Eastern so it was 4 am!) but it was worth it, and I now have one happy arasai!
  8. Tallann Senior Guide

It was my pleasure. And really, isn't it better for everyone when an arasai is happy?

If you ever have any other requests, feel free to mention them in the Halls of the Green Robes: Antonia Bayle thread, and I or another Guide on the server will be happy to accommodate you, I'm sure!

- Tallann