Guide event on BBM dock tonight

Discussion in 'Guide and Player Events' started by Leafa, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Leafa Active Member

First, I want to say that I normally LOVE guide quests, and therefore I hugely appreciate the fact that people volunteer as guides to put such fun and spontaneous variety into Norrath. I was surprised and hugely disappointed with the outcome of a guide quest tonight though. It was run cooperatively by two guides, and involved the first guide sending me to find the second guide and retrieve a pie. I found the second guide, and was given a Steaming Jum Jum Pie. Hurray! A house item! I'm a decorator so I was hugely excited, but wondering what twist would finish the guide quest (because I never dreamed the second guide would actually TAKE and KEEP my new house item...). I returned to the first guide, who took my lovely house item pie, and gave me a dog (like one I could buy cheaply in a pet shop) and 2 edible cookies. I was actually stunned, and thought it was a joke. I even flew back to the second guide and asked if I could trade the cookies for a pie. The second guide said it had no more pies for me. I flew back to the first guide, and tried to joke in role playing that the cookies had gluten and could I please have my pie back. The first guide said nope. After the guides left, I asked in AB Homeshow chat if other players would feel upset by this outcome, and the ones who responded said they absolutely would not like it, and the guides must not be decorators.
    Guides, for future reference, please never ever take a house item back and give a consumable food item in its place. This was the worst guide event experience for me by far.
  2. Squeecha Senior Guide

Hmph.

I can understand the decorating part, but in case you didn't notice it, the item you did get was also a house item that is also not available from a pet shop. Both are unique to Guide rewards.

That said, we've let the folks who decide such thingies know about it fors you. :)