Guardians!

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Mimixx(2), Feb 8, 2013.

1. Estred Well-Known Member

Yes I did somewhat bring it up first. Thanks for the feedback I answered your questions in-quote.
  2. Supermarshmellow Member

Ok im going to be honest with u no offense to the players who yse these classes but Guardian is horrible. All it is is a punching bag.
  3. Netty Member

Well they are not really. Some may say that the extra surviveability a guard brings to the group is not needed. But tbh its pretty nice imo. Easier for healers to stay in on some aoes and stuff. Also Got your back is pretty amazing on the aoe:s it do block. Recapture is also one guardian special only ability that are pretty awsome imo. The guardian do help other tanks look better tbh. They do need a dps boost yes. And some small tweks here and there to make them more fun to play on other things that just these random few fights.
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

Heh, well said. It is kind of funny how much we help other tanks by protecting thier healers and themselves... and flipping Hate Positions for them :) I love how utility versatile Guardians are, I almost want a bit more XD but yeah as said before, we need a dps-proc or something because a flat CA boost ain't doing much.
  5. Supermarshmellow Member

Yeah but he cant solo because all he is is a punching bag
  6. Netty Member

Tbh with mercs its not really a problem for guards to solo. Not for any class really. some just do it better but yeah its nothing huge really. I farm VP on all my toons even the guardian all the time. Takes longer yes but still gets the job done.
  7. Estred Well-Known Member

I farmed VP/Pr/SoH back in Sentinels Fate when there were no Mercenaries as a Guaridan. Took hours but I still could do it. I hate how Guards are effectively the only tank without a heal at all. They don't even have enough to get 50% DR which would maybe compensate for not having heals... ultimately Heal > DR/Stoneskin because with DR/Stoneskin you only have so much HP to protect before it is gone.
  8. mouser Well-Known Member

Says the person who died before level 10 in about half the classes he's played.

Guardians can solo just fine because we are "punching bags" :)

And that was looooong before mercs came onto the scene.
  9. Vlahkmaak Active Member

Its not the class - its the player. Guardians solo just fine. If your dying so hard before lvl 10 your doing something terribly wrong.
  10. Estred Well-Known Member

Sounds about right. Imo of all the tanks, they have stuck to the "roll" of the Guardian the best. We are still low on dps, not sure I mind but I certainly wouldn't mind a small boost. I do not want to start outparsing Crusaders/Zerks though.
  11. Othaodin Member

why
    why? you must be one of those weird pvp'r types lol. SOME people play a class for the immersion, story, and epicness. Not what does the most dps or can solo the best or is wanted most in groups or raids. Enjoy the game i say, and don't worry so much about what is elite and what isn't. Greatness is in the eye of the beholder my friend.
  12. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

This isn't true at all unless you are talking about killing solo mobs. With a complete lack of way to heal yourself, and most stoneskins requiring 10% hp or more to trigger, it was very difficult to soloing anything bigger than a green heroic for a long time. SS was the content that made it easier to solo as a guard I think because of the ease of hitting auto attack caps and the inflation of massive amounts of player hit points.... plus mercs.

SK was soloing shard of fear in RoK and crusader/brawler duoing PR late TSO while guards were struggling to do enough dps simply to hold aggro, much less kill anything solo. It wasn't much better before that either.
  13. Netty Member

Sixgauge... atleast in SF i could solo pretty well on my guard. If not well then you dident bother to put on gear for it... Stonewill gear and heal proc runes and guards did pretty well tbh. And you keep falling back to it... No one in this thread has said other tank classes cant solo better or dident solo better.... read befor you post.
  14. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Netty... you sure do have a lot of opinions for someone that doesn't play a guard, and as far as I know, has never played a guard end game.
  15. Netty Member

I have played guard at end game.Up untill TSO. And some in DoV. Its funny tho every time you get proven wrong you are trying to make up things you have no idea about. And tbh i play my guard all the time now for heroics. Pls just go and roll your monk and be done with it. As you hate guardians so much you are not really helping the class in anyway. And do you even play a guardian now? You said you would never play it again as the class was pointless no?
  16. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Proven wrong about what... guardian soloing? Glad all that face-roll easy heroic content and soloing has given you so much insight on what it's like to tank end game content as a guard.

No, I'm not playing the game at all, my sub is currently expired.
  17. Netty Member

If you care to read again i have raided END GAME on my guardian. I know 100% what tools the class have and what they are good for vs other tank classes. Heroic is where the guardian is weaker vs other tanks i tough you knew that? Just keep going tho! you just make yourself look bad. Again you are going all offensiv trying to win something you cant. Just stop. Go and do what ever you wish to do and stop making a fool out of yourself.
  18. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

So what, that was 4 years ago? Game has changed a little.

Heroic is only one area where guard is a poorer choice compared to other tanks. Thankfully heroic content is so easy it doesn't matter, and you aren't losing aggro to other tanks that can do just as well. As for raiding, there isn't enough encounters that death touch that would be better tanked by a guard than a monk. And putting a guard in the OT slot is just ridiculous when there are far better choices. Guards need more dps or.... something... to make them comparable to brawlers.

The rest of your post is trash.
  19. Netty Member

Once again im not sure why i keep falling in to your trash posting. As you have no clue on what you are talking about. I know this game 100% better than you do and know how to spec adorn probly most toons. Looking at your amazing 260cb with that gear just makes me wonder what you are doing. Yes things have changed. To the better fort he guardian. If you played one befor you know what some tools like guardianspheres and Sentry watch did? I have never said guards dont need a dps boost. All i have said that you are wrong when you are calling the class pointless. If you cant hold aggro then you are doing something wrong yes your Offtank may be using dps spells with snap aggro on it and they should aswell. Just deal with it.

All you are talking about is things you have failed to do. And its not only death touch mobs that guards are good at. hate shuffle and so on. Yes a monk could tank just as many mobs as a guardian and do more dps but it all comes down to what you enjoy to play. What your guilds raidwide dps is like and so. I rember not to long ago when you where going on about how much taunts did for you and so on thats why you would never spec out of taunt increas. Well guess what some ppl know this game alot better than you do. And looking at your stats its no wonder you are having problems. But tbh you dont even play this game anymore so why do you even care?

Keep going with your BS hopefully everyone with a brain will understand not to lissen to you.
  20. Boli Active Member

Recapture alone is enough to warrant using a guard as an OT; add that to reinforcement a multitude of stoneskins and snaps and you have a very solid OT choice.

You don't exactly bring any tank for DPS on fights that matter... and on fights which don't to be quite frank it doesn't matter which tanks you bring.