Guardians... Missing DPS or something?

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by xFran, May 10, 2017.

1. xFran New Member

So I´ve been playing with my Guardian, who has very decent raid gear and stats, but for some reason, I feel like the DPS output is really low compared to other clases, even other fighters like Berserkers.

On the raid parser, I usually outdps the healers.. and pretty much thats it, even when im main tanking... does anyone else feels the same with Guardians? Several players have told me in game that its kind of rare to see a Guardian now... and others that their dps seems low. Edit: Should also add that in groups, at times even the healers out dps me. I can hold the aggro even though it tends to be hard at times.

Or maybe.. just maybe, im doing something wrong, casting abilities, or AA spec.. Don´t know. Help will be much appreciated.

Any input would be nice. if you want to check my stats: https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/433792241409
  2. Ansom Active Member

I see:

Low infusion

Low Pot (i have 29k without raid gear)

Ascension spell at Apprentice

Everyone can dps a little bit with Ascension Combo, with decent cb/pot/fervor.

ps. raid T1 can't realy be call "very decent raid gear", atm heroic expert have better loot.
    xFran likes this.
  3. Mathafern Well-Known Member

Your stats are pretty much right on- except the potency. Raid gear is actually lower potency than heroic gear in many cases, and expert heroic just puts it to shame.

So you need to run instances more if you want to DPS more. Shouldn't be hard, since tanks are in demand atm.
  4. Fairin Active Member

others above me are right - lack of infusion, wearing crappy raid jewlery.

try this spec. however modifiy the pristege (both) to fit better for your stats https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/aap/446679063623/2/ (my refined one)

you have a whole lot of wasted AA potential in your spec.

hybrid is the way to go not stacking more pristege on grit, your (guardian) pristege if you dont need the critbonus take 8 hp 7 pot and get the 5/1 in WDB procs, and of course VT, diamondflesh can eat a !@#$
  5. Tooloose Active Member

Besides your recovery speed, I'd say your problem is your AA spec and your really low potency. You've got enough potency for being able to quest in obulous frontier it looks like with moderate difficulty.

20k is what I'd call T1 lite and you're sitting at 17k.

Besides... You're playing a guardian. The only reason you're out doing the healers on dps is because they're focusing on healing. Guardians are terrible damage. Potentially the lowest in the game next to Templars.

That doesn't mean though that you can shirk your duties as the tank and not do damage. The more your tank ability increases, the more you can focus on damage instead of temps. Till then, your damage as a guard will always suck and it'll suck after that too just not as much as it did before.
  6. Fairin Active Member

im gonna say that tanks are somewhat equal in the fighter dps department but i've only really seen guards parsing high - that one sk not included =P

and templars have the highest dps potential of any healer atm cause of focus damage ignoring combat mit.

of course these are my opinions based on the few tanks / healers i've ran with, and raided with. along with general class knowledge.
  7. Tooloose Active Member

Dont tease me like that. I'm liable to start playing them as serious dps and piss people off. If you happen to remember any of their names, link em some time. I'd like to take a look and see what is the bar for damage on those two classes.

Last time I saw templars do damage was when the cast turn undead on a bunch of undead.
  8. Fleurs Active Member

I see templar doing fat damage every day on raid: true faith + divine light on main tank on a hard hiting boss.
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  9. Tooloose Active Member

Yeah fairin linked me some Templar in my inbox not too long ago. But it isn't consistent from what I'm seeing. Nonetheless, it seems like Templars finally got some love after all those years.
  10. Arclite Well-Known Member

don't forget tithe points in potency. Still as game breaking as they were before, even with the 30 point soft cap.