Guardians In DoV

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata, Feb 15, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Karnos@Guk wrote:
    While DPS modifier wasn't *quite* to the useful cap with this gear, I'm primarily talking about haste and ability mod.
  2. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Karnos@Guk wrote:
    Generally going Defiler/Temp or Defiler/Warden. I'm running around 13k mit and 130 CM generally. With no block chance I can still get multi-attacked for 15k per swing on those mobs, successive multi attacks spell likely deaths.
  3. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Gundozer@Permafrost wrote:
    Aggro has been a persistent issue using the new gear. I could not sustain aggro off of wizards ramping up to 125k, or our OT monk doing 100k. The issue was parsing like crap with the new gear on.
    I'm running generally 90% hate mod. Heroic tree is down reuse, Embolden, Experienced Insight, and Partisan Cleave. I prefer the 10% DR on hunker down, as if your already meeting the crit requirements of an encounter then Critical Bulwark is doing nothing, also the durration of Hunker Down is much longer than that of Battle Cry. I took the spike hate in Experienced Insight over 10 CB. I thought hard on this, and ultimately decided 10 CB can be found elsewhere, the enhancements to EI can not. I've considered changing out of this, but I don't think 10 CB is going to make or break the issues I was having.
    What I found is fights that I had either Partisan Cleave of EI up for pull I could ramp up hate fast enough to generally hold it, however 1:3 pulls would have neither ability up and I would not be able to ramp hate as fast as others can ramp dps.
    And to be honest, spiking up to the top of the hate list as a guard OT isn't the same thing as sustaining the top of the hate tree for the durration of all fights. I can put on one piece of gear and spike up to the top all night long. But the MT job is about sustaining and ramping up hate faster than dps can ramp up their output.
    My issues were related to DPS/Hate output wearing the new gear, largely due to Ability Mod, Haste, and DPS mod no longer being at caps. Putting on some of the old gear where I was wearing new gear has nearly doubled my dps parse and aggro is no longer a problem.
    When I can find enough haste and ability mod with new gear, I'll be able to drop the key old stuff I'm using.
    Here is my current spec:
    http://www.beetny.com/eq2aa/?902s14...e@2a@18aa@2a@11
    I'm strongly considering getting out of shoulder the burden for flurry.
  4. ARCHIVED-Siebzhen Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    First off you mentioned embolden vs Critical bulwark. Heres my take on this. Embolden you only get to use once every 82 seconds. while the 10% DR is nice its not an allways up type of thing so you are telling your healers they dont have to heal quite as much and when it drops off your takeing more dmg. allso tied to an ability that if you have to move the mobs WILL kill your scouts from time to time due to the root effect.
    Critical Bulwark #1 is a group buff so you are protecting your group members with 15% more crit mit. Crit mit on classes other than tanks are not a good.
    #2 you can pretty much keep it up close to full time with a red adorn you only end up with about 10 seconds of down time for it. i find it more stable with my HP this way as there is no false sence of how much the healers are going to need to heal.
    Now another point you may not have noticed is your guardian tree sevearly conflicts with your warrior and heroic tree in the form of reuse. you have points spent in aa's that lower the cooldown of some ability's that are capping out thier specific reuse speed with 2-4 points.
    below is the spec i use for the moment.. and i still have extra points spent in reuse abilitys that i dont need. that i still need to move. I need to go back and move points around to account for it.
    i would never give up shoulder the burden ot stays on my highest dps in my group at all times normaly a swash.
    http://www.beetny.com/eq2aa/?902k14... Flurry 3%, Abilitymod: 160 DPS: 53 haste 59.
  5. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Gundozer@Permafrost wrote:
  6. ARCHIVED-Siebzhen Guest

ran out of points and like i said i still have to adjust some of the stuff because im trying to figure out where my reuse caps out my abilitys and i shouldnt put any more AA's into it.
    Got your back is ok and all how ever i would have to put 5 points into intercept and i dont much like what those points really do. but the Glacial Protection red adorn just out performs got you back hands down.
    24% + 8% + 17% = 49% transfer from swashy and Coercer... ok Yes that will put me at the transfer cap...
    How ever im at the point where my coercer keeps his hate buff on him self and i use shoulder the burden on my swashy
    which is 24% + 8% +15% = 47% so i am not at the cap at all...
  7. ARCHIVED-Emlar_from_Halas Guest

I don't know if it's only related to last week stuff improvement, but I noticed a huge dps increase in raid yesterday.
    Where Caer is a warlock, Penumbra a necro and Brack an Assass
    [IMG]

But even on mono target (we ignore adds and burn the name), we reached a level that was quite surprising for us
    [IMG]
    Things are going a bit out of control :)
  8. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Yeah, after some careful respecing, and rebalancing of gear and adornments, I'm seeing similar results Emlar.
    Maybe we should be quiet about it ;)
  9. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Due to a wonderful bug that cause my AA to reset everytime I logged in, I had alot of time to tweak my spec over the weekend. As well as commit it to memory in exacting detail...
    http://www.beetny.com/eq2aa/?902o14...e8@1a@1aa@2a@31
    This is based upon a self buffed reuse of 39.9% If your reuse is more or less, this spec would need some tweaking.