Guardian Revamp?

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Wakanash, Sep 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mouser Well-Known Member

I'm going to be really interested to see how these new changes affect my guardian.

Don't know what it is, but I love the class - and I play almost exclusively solo, go figure :confused: Left the game I think in January for a while, just came back. Wife's going to try playing with me. Need to start a new tank char - I've got a mid-level bruiser and berserker, but still thinking about rolling another guardian for this.

I'm at 91 now, and have a full experimental gear upgrade waiting for me at 92 (which if I understand the patch notes correctly, just got a buff). Skipped the 80's gear upgrades. My health is almost four times what it was before the expak, so that's a good thing. Now if I can just get a handle on the new AA's and how the 'build' thing works, I should be in for some fun ;)
  2. KnightSkkaar Member

So what is the trick to getting the Guardian to survive for crap? I have an 80 guardian, hes wearing mixed 72MC and a few pieces of Voidstone dungeon finder armor, including a shield and a sword from there.

Back in 09 when I played I hated my Guardian because he wasnt tough and he didnt deal damage. Now, I understand the Guardians role is to take damage, but he doesnt even do that well. I am aiming to get him in TSO t1 Armor, see what happens then, but so far, I still seriously dont like my Guardian much. If it wasnt for his lvl and his 37th lvl provisioner skill I would prolly have canned him.

Even after popping my now master 1400mitigation temp spell, hunker down and w/e other defensive spells I have, my Guard still gets beat like a red headed step child. I have been fighting with him in Chelsith and doing ok, but I figure he should be taking a little less of a beating. For being the "Defensive" tank, Guards arent.
  3. SOE-MOD-17 Member

Locking this as the thread is well over a year old. Please do not reanimate dead threads.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.