Guardian - Reinforcement & Plant

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Kaldon, May 6, 2020.

1. Kaldon New Member

Hi Guys

I’m a level 52 Guardian who’s just got reinforcement.

What’s the best way to use reinforcement?, do you cast it first followed by an AOE, leaving plant to also be used with an AOE?. Or would you always use reinforcement followed by plant followed by an AOE.

Just trying to get my head round best cast order.

Thanks for your help.
  2. Arclite Well-Known Member

Reinforcement is guardian's best threat ability. You should use it sparingly and only when you need it. You would ideally use it with an ae to grab aggro on multiple mobs. Plant will also work with that but ideally i would save reinforcement as a last go to ability when plant wears off. When the mobs are planted, hit tab to cycle through targets and build aggro. If that fails, reinforcement with an AE. I can't remember which level you get sentry watch but that would also come into play.

That said, for solo play, none of this is needed. In a group if you have little issues with somone ripping aggro, i would just use plant and save reinforcement in case you are overwhelmed with trash and want to gain some control.

Later on you can use AAs to modifiy reinforcement to work with taunts. It becomes even more amazing.
  3. Airablade Active Member

One thing to remember if you are in a raid or have a group with multiple tanks (not sure why) but Reinforcement will push hate to another tank or swap hate positions with you.
  4. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

@airablade - Reinforcement allows me to hold any mob for 26 secs period (no other tank/dps can take it from me for that time in groups or raids). Not sure what you are seeing in raids.

It is a 1 spot snap, so if another tank casts a snap, reinforcement grabs right back.
  5. Airablade Active Member

doh that is my bad...I am thinking of Recapture on that one. LOL you are definatly right about reinforcement. Always snaps back to me also when I cast in raid.
  6. Arclite Well-Known Member

Yes thats recapture but since the OP specifically mentioned Reinforcement + plant and they are level 52 (Recapture is at 80), i kept it that level.

Recapture in a group is just an extra snap. In raids it can be wonderful provided you use it when its necessary and the other tanks in the raids know what they are doing (i.e. are ready to grab aggro).
  7. Holyduke Member

"In raids it can be wonderful provided you use it when its necessary and the other tanks in the raids know what they are doing (i.e. are ready to grab aggro)."

Or.... or.. it could be fun to use if the other tanks are NOT ready for aggro... think about that. :)
    Airablade likes this.