Guardian Pristige Abilities: Protector's Will

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-Dauvien, Jun 28, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Dauvien Guest

I wanted to see if the recast timer on "Defensive Minded" can be changed to be like "Battle Frenzy".
    On the left Pristige Tree: the Zerks have "Frenzied Berserker" which like "Protector's Will" offers a 15% chance to reset an effect when you cast the temp Mit buff.
    Based on lv 92 Guard/Zerks with the same Reuse buffs:
    "Battle Frenzy" has 118s recast timer which starts at the point of use. The duration timer of "Chaos" is 45s which gives Zerks about 2.6 attempts to reset "Battle Frenzy".
    "Defensive Minded" looses 30s of potential reset time since the recast timer doesn’t start at cast, the recast timer is 92s. With "Battle Cry" you can recast it every 57s so the potential reset of the ability is only going to be about 1.5 attempts.
    As it stands, Zerks get a second chance to reset their effect vs Guards. If you increase the recast timer of "Defensive Minded" to include the duration timer BUT allow the recast timer to start at the point casting then the Guard would have 2.2 chances to reset it which would bring things more in line from a random chance perspective making it a bit more useful. If the back end mechanics for the recast/duration of "Defensive Minded" don’t’ allow for this change what about a percentage reset increase for “Protector’s Will”?
    Thank you,
  2. ARCHIVED-Fairin Guest

it doesnt work in the first place . pick different pristege points =)
  3. ARCHIVED-Zivgar Guest

What doesn't work? I can get Defensive Minded to reset when I cast my temp.

I like the OP's idea. I wouldn't mind to see Defensive Minded changed so that the reuse timer starts to go down right after I cast it. Just add 30 sec to the total reuse timer, so that way I can use battle cry more when I think its a good time to use it.
  4. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

This was brought up in the class forums while it was in testing, but it didn't get any attention.

I agree that the way it is designed, for the very reasons stated by the OP that it is an issue.

I however, have no faith a developer will even read this thread, so I've spec'd out of this line and chosen something that is actually useful instead.
  5. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Zivgar wrote:
    My guess is he means it wont reset while DM is currently running, in that you have to wait for DM to be in cool down before using your short term to have a chance to reset it.
    Since the short term is tied to our group mitigation buff, I found it isn't practical to wait for DM to be on cool down to use the group short term, in that I needed to use the group short term specificaly at those points it made the most use, and that was only occasionally when DM was on cool down, making the number of times that DM reset to be extremely low.
    I am far happier taking the other options as a result.
  6. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

I am happy with the way it works, and it's awesome those times I get 2 or 3 defensive minded casts back-to-back while tanking something that hits hard. Once defensive minded is down, I use my group mit buff immediatly every time it is back up. My threat control is fine, so I'm not interested in the other line. If they changed it so that it could reset while active, that would be nice... but no worries here.