Guardian Mythical: Strikethrough Immunity instead of Reposte Immunity.

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine, Jul 3, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

I'm wondering what you guys think.
  2. ARCHIVED-aislynn00 Guest

Vastly better, obviously, but I'd rather no class had strikethrough immunity, most especially brawlers, who are supposed to be more, not less, susceptible to spike damage than the other tanks.
  3. ARCHIVED-Tekadeo Guest

Karnos@Guk wrote:
    W-O-W.
    Who in the wide wide world of sports ever said this? Stop crying, seriously.

That being said, I will agree that it should be uniform for all tanks, but I would go the other way: all tanks should be immune to strikethrough in defensive stance. Strikethrough makes a --LOT-- of tank abilities useless. If our defensive abilities are supposed to be useless when we really need them, WHY HAVE THEM AT ALL?
  4. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

The Guardian Mythical was nerfed very badly, Strikethrough immunity sounds like a guardian ability or an ability guardians SHOULD have.
  5. ARCHIVED-Tekadeo Guest

Talathion@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    OMG and you know what? 100% strikethrough sounds like an ability a Berserker SHOULD have.
  6. ARCHIVED-TuxDave Guest

Tekadeo wrote:
    DEAL!
    <--- zerker suffering from piddly hit rates
  7. ARCHIVED-Wasuna Guest

Tekadeo wrote:
    First, brawlers wear leather. I would think it's kind of obvious that you should get hit a bit harder than the plate tanks. I know SoE has been working hard over the last couple of expansions to try and flatten this out so all six fighters are valid MT's but really, there has to be something to your leather.
    Second, I'd stand up and cheer if I got strike through immunity as a Guardian but... when you think about it.. the Guardian skills are pretty much the best you can get to deal with strikethrough mobs other than actual strikethrough immunity. Three timeable stoneskins, A 3.5 minute duration death save, 10% damage reduction on Hunkerdown, crit mit on our 30 second group buff, group stoneskin with a 25% trigger chance. I only really have Romero to compare things to, and while I agree a Brawler makes this fight like stupid simple, a Guardiand who times his abilites a bit does just fine.
    If you wanted to give us something then make all of our short term buffs and stoneskins instant cast. I'd be very happy with that. I have /cancel_spellcast on all of my oh crap buttons but I still get killed waiting for them to cast.
  8. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Wasuna wrote:
    Brawlers have more mitigation then Plate tanks.
  9. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

Ijai@Guk wrote:
    perhaps give zerks strikethrough and give guards strikethrough immunity.

as it sits, seems like both warriors are sitting on the bench through velious. granted i think every tank should have their turn in the spotlight but being that zerks haven't had it since DoF(arguable) has really killed the class, since there has been a lack in AE content in raid mobs for some time zerks haven't had much place and i'm not sure they ever will again.

guards will have their MT raid spot back again eventually, once this phase passes.
  10. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Way too powerful, requests like this give this community a bad name.
    You could reduce strikethru damage by 20%, or you could have a 20% chance of avoiding a strikethru.
    A damage reduction on what is obviously meant to be a spike hit is the most reasonable request on the long overdue myth buff compensation.
  11. ARCHIVED-Lcneed Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    So.. one part of a brawler's defense stance is too powerful to be a guardian's "mythical"? :p They should just give strikethrough immunity to all fighters' def stances and call it a day.
  12. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

They should remove strikethru entirely and replace it with a debuff to uncontested avoidance chance and no class should be immune to it. The point of strikethru was to put more emphasis on healers as tanks became harder and harder to hit. The result is to just use tanks that don't have to worry about strikethru. Since the immunity and mitigation of hits from strikethru is grossly unballanced, its rather clear something needs to be tweaked.
    I'm interested that this topic got resurected at the same time that increasing riposte damage came up. As I see it making riposte damage hit hard again (and making it an uncontested hit) is a more interesting way to approach the problem.
    It innately makes DW a more dangerous stance vs epic mobs, and it makes the guard myth actually really important for raid tanking and still meh for anything else. I think there are some interesting possabilities exploring some changes down this path.
    Too bad Xelgad will probably never read this ;)
  13. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    This^^^^

Also if they make a mechanic contest uncontested avoidance (accuracy would be a good candidate), they dont need to remove strikethrough mechanics well. They could leave it in just keep it in smaller amounts and make ALL fighter avoid temps strikethrough immune.
  14. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

As I said in general fighter chat, Riposte's need to do Damage.

They need to be effected by DPS/Autoattack Modifer/Strength/MA/Flurry.
  15. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

MA/flurry on ripostes are dumb
  16. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Eh, your right, but they do need to be effected by:
    Strength.
    Auto-Attack Modifier.
    DPS Mod.
  17. ARCHIVED-Boli32 Guest

Tbh they should have put the 10% DR proc back on guardian's myth as it was reduced from 10 to 5 after it became clear the shear OPed of the no shield requirement on AA lines became clear.
    Likewise when they re-organised the block% the 5% should have been increased to 25% and added to the mythical buff once converted. (that was true on both warriors )
    And as no-one should be immune to strikethrough no-one should be immune to riposte if they decide to increase the riposte damage across the board to that of a single attack. Otherwise you'll have the same problems we are having now but instead of only brawlers and guards being able to tank mobs it'll be just guardians.
  18. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Boli@Splitpaw wrote:
    yeah Guardians should have a little more added to there mythical, but Berserkers need our Caps removed.
  19. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

What caps? The only cap that has any issues is AOE auto and everyone is in agreement it needs to be uncapped somehow.
  20. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Gungo@Crushbone wrote:
    In combat health regen...