Guardian help please!!!

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Beefkayk, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Beefkayk New Member

Hello i recently got to 100 guardian i find he is way weaker then my necro? i cant stay alive during Advanced Solos i am sitting at about 4.5m health and 244 resolve. is there any AA guides or anything im really struggling here
    santargria likes this.
  2. Earar Well-Known Member

Tanks don't have self wards. So u needto use sole defenses to heal yourself.

And yeah some tanks have a harder time soloing coz no self ward and usually less damage. Even in off stance. And our temps are greyed out in off stance.

Just go slower, maybe sometimes use def stance if u struggle, and should be fine
  3. guard Active Member

easiest answer is use a merc healer but also you can use your defensive ability's i.e tower of stone lastman standing perfect counter if its a longer fight use tower of stone and defensive minded that will give you about 40 seconds of 0 damage then cycle in your other stone skins after that also your health seems abit low depending on your gear if you have done the summer quest set in sundered frontier there is alot of gear you can get from there other than that have you got all your white and purple adorn slots filled
  4. guard Active Member

will not let me edit also if you link your charter here so we can see your aa etc we can offer more help
  5. Beefkayk New Member

not sure how to link my character here? i am pretty sure i need adorns just not sure what to buy .
  6. Dude Well-Known Member

http://u.eq2wire.com/
    Gubba Bump likes this.
  7. Beefkayk New Member

8. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

For First 4,5 mio HP is much to low for doing Anything in KA you should push HP by AA Skills and White or Purple Addorns up to 10 mio for solo if you wanna tank Heroic or Experts later you need 25mio HP++ My Guardian actualy has 36,5mio HP Solo

HP are no Miriacle at these times BG HP Addorns / Gear / Purple Armor Addorn Sets from KA.
    Guardian has no massive effective self Heals like a Paladin or Berserker has but he could stay like a wall of reinforced concrete by using his shields and stone skins for Tower of Stone / Diamant Skin etc thier is no Tank which has more Wards for Group and Him self than a Guardian.
    A Guardian is no Solo Class until he is Well geared, because its no DPS Monster A Guardian is a Group or Raid tank because of its Abblilitys to defend him Self and the Group, thier is no Tank which has more Options to defend his Group than a Guardian.

Next Thing which is important is Reslove if you have lower Resolve than the Mob you bash the damage done to you is maximized
    for EG if a MOB has 290Reslove Solo and you have only 280 you will get more damage than you would habe 290 / 290.
    2nd Point is if your Resolve is lower than the mobs one you will do less Damage on the mob which makes it harder to kill it in solo and hold aggro if doing groups.

Next point for all Classes and not only DDs is the Potency, in these days Tanks have nearly same Potency as the other Clases have and in Heroic content up to raid this is 30k Potency up to more than 40k on A TANK.

The other Damage Stats are important too if your Critbonus ( Cap 4000 without overcap) is low and the Critcance ( Every 200 more will increase DPS 2200 is a stat to reach first oll over is luxery ) too you will do less DPS which makes it more difficult to kill somthing or hold aggro against the Group.

Next to important stats on every Tank are Strikethrough and AE Autoattack this should be 100% for getting a higer chance to trigger procs on Weapons and hit the Mobs harder because as tank you are the direct frontal target of every encounter.

Abbimod is a stat wich is not less important than the rest because it increases your DPS.
    Fervor should be as high as possible.

The other much more impartant stats on a tank are Block Chance and Mitigation , mitigatein lowers the incomeing pyhsical Damge / Blockchance increases your chance to block or defend against attacks.

Mitigation CAP is 35k most tanks have 24 up to 30k solo / Blockchance schould be arround 160 better more especialy on a Guardian which need all defends he could get to stay stabil.

Base Avoidance as high as possible depending on your Block and Miti Stats at my tank its 65%xx atm but is not so easy to max.

And for this addon all Classes need Doubble cast to increase the DPS of Ascendent Spells.

At least all these things are a Question of Gear.

If an other Guardian has something to add or correct my post feel well and answer.

Hellfiren
  9. Beefkayk New Member

thanks just not 100% sure how to get it all boosted up. which is why i left the game in the first place lol just coming back and kind of struggling like all of my stats are insanely low, i was told the Yun Zi gear was good enough to start back in advanced solos but that seems to not be the case unless its just lack of addorns now
  10. Dude Well-Known Member

What do you want to do in the game? If you want to be a main tank in a group or raid, then you will need to do a lot of reading to get up to speed. I recommend http://eq2library.com/ to get you started. It would also help to join a guild that actively helps people develop their playing skills.

If you just want to have fun playing, then I don't recommend playing a tank. It's much easier to get up to speed on a DPS or support class and no one looks at you for leadership. As a tank, you are definitely expected to know everything there is to know about your class and the encounters you face. I like the idea of that and tried a few tanks. I found that the DPS role is a better fit for me and the amount of effort I want to put into the game.
  11. Earar Well-Known Member

the panda gear is good resolve wise but u need the adorns anyway, for Hp and potency and CB

and the panda gear isn't great for tanks coz it's not mitigation gear. U need mitigation gear
  12. Fairin Active Member

http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/aas/446679063623 this is my min maxed spec for guardian whom i preped to tank heroics.

heroics require 15k mit minimum to tank you'll get this through solo gear quite easily.

you cant reforge indestructible gear (panda stuff) be aware.

you did PG's for armor. but not level 1 adorns which are 10 each? shame.. HP every slot except the 4 panda ones please. these do not fit in charms. so you need 15.

finish the achivement for KA questing, Quest asension in Kunark (under triumphs) atm for the bis off hand and 2nd best cloak.

your largest sources of HP are - PG adorns (wrist / ring / white adorns) your epic 2.0, and the boots / helm from Fallengate server (HQ's) have 250k on them.

5m is what people started tanking KA with. it was moderately painful back then. people expect more now. experts are tankable with 15m if you got a shaman - however most people are spoiled af.

your spec will need to shift to "left side" when you get enough crit bonus tithe to not need the conversion in the "right side" this also is a large source of hp for fighters.

reforging for stats is standard for everyone - 100% reuse/castingspeed/recovery, strikethrough aoe auto, recovery speed, multiattack.
    Accuracy only needs 20% however, you can skip on dps mod / haste , and aoe auto untill you got enough stats to go around.
    don't forget 100% hatemod for tanks.

the largest sources of damage in this expac are - fervor. crit bonus - potency - abilitymod (in that order)

fervor comes on specific pieces of gear and are always the best choice (belt from the vendor in ToT / x4 raid drop in mara)
    (epic 2.0) (heart bound buff - 30)

the minium fervor anyone should have to start is 40 right now (from tot belt - heartbound + panda adorns)

jack up crit bonus to 4500ish to take advantage of support classes buffs, reforge the rest into the stats you need (again indestructible gear cant be reforged)

as for guardian rotation - its a priority of what does the most damage mixed in with stoneskins to prevent as much damage as possible - a mental timer is great for this - consider mobs swing in sets of 3 seconds. a 4 hit stoneskin will last 12 seconds on one boss mob.

if a taunts actual damage (from pristege) is not higher than another abilities actual damage. its not worth casting.

if you're constantly grouped with a support class you can go a little less on the min maxing of stats of course.

examine your gear, if the jewlery does not have more potency than twark gear, then its not better than twark gear.

reavers remnants solo(earring) + forgotten spire solo (charm)

run the butcher block heroic fabled (by yourself or with friends) for XP every day or so till your ascended exp is capped - is roughly 4.5 million xp per day with little effort.. 3 quests per zone . inside the zones.

thats all the bullet points off the top of my head.
  13. guard Active Member

for your aa's you in herioc tree drop ability aptitude for spirit and body in dragon tree drop first line none of it is needed you want second line and layered scales maxed. in prestige tree drop everything below blade crusher and put them points into other side to and including stalwart wall its called double conversion although you will lose a bit of potency you will gain crit bonus which you want. in prestige guardian drop modified strength and and weapon of mind and take imbued sight 5 points then next one below it and 5 points in undeniable power then again use the other 2 points in the one below that once you cap crit bonus you can drop imbued sight and put the extra points in undeniable power there is more to change that will make the biggest difference
  14. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Paladin's do :p

A lot of good advice here, and I'll add the name of the Health Adorns from the PGs so you can find them easier.

Proven Adornment of Nerve, the IV version gives you 20.7% max health and you can equip them in almost every slot.

Errrorr wrote a really good guide on getting ready for KA Heroics that I think should be required reading for everyone regardless of class. Here is the link:

https://forums.eq2wire.com/threads/basic-guide-for-ka-heroics-character-prep.219180/

*edit* I personally think the panda gear sucks. I recommend getting a set of either Twark Handcrafted (not reforgable) or if you have enough plat, the Bloody Tooth Mastercrafted (reforgable) so you can use the important purple adorns.

Aspect of Paixao / Aspect of Pingyuan Diqu and the stat boosting purples like I'm using in my profile in my sig.
  15. Earar Well-Known Member

yeah but paladins deal no damage ^^
  16. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

LOL you'd be surprised...
  17. Earar Well-Known Member

I have one ! not greatly gered .. but compared to other alts with same gear .. his dps is lower, his adv solo clear time is slower than others :)

but it's ok, I like him still
  18. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Hmmm well I clear all of the advance solos in under 5 mins (+/- waiting on spawning scripts) if I mass pull everything, if that's not fast enough then I dunno.