Guardian BOL Spells - Why so bad ?

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by AvenElonis, Aug 29, 2020.

1. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Old Spell - Sever X, New Spell - Dissociate Limbs

For 19x on the recast, I get -3 to 4X on damage (duration of Sever vs recast time of Sever)

Old Spell - Taunting Blow XI, New Spell - Taunting Strike

For 9x on the recast, I get -2x damage, and -10x threat

(Math done on Ancient versions of all combat arts)

There is no use for these in raids, maybe some use in Solos and Heroics, but as things die so fast, not sure if it worth having these new spells on hotbar at all.

Can these be looked at ? They were suppose to be upgrade, but they are not.
  2. Arclite Well-Known Member

Spot on, i spent a PM to Kander and Caith about this. Both of my spells became Ancient as soon as i got them (paid $90 each :() only myself to blame. They are very very bad.

Both spells don't feature in my top 20 parse breakdown which is a royal shame given that they are supposed to be better than the ones they replace.

They should be significantly be more buffed up considering none of guardians combat arts are of any use these days.
  3. Arclite Well-Known Member

Not trying to poke a stick at other classes but some do have nice upgrades (deservedly so), no reason to not make them for all classes. If you subtract our flurry conversion, I would be very very concerned about our effectiveness.
  4. Airwalker Member

Some of these abilities makes you think they actually forgot a digit.
  5. Holyduke Member

This.
    Agree with this post. These "new" combat arts are worst or a wash at best. No need to even get them, let alone upgrade them
  6. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Holyduke - the problem is there are no few Guardians these days - I don't think they really care one way or the other. I mean when is the last time you saw a guild recruiting a Guardian, it all about getting a Zerker :)
  7. glass New Member

Its more than those CA's look at the buffs, Hold The Line Lvl 101 vs the lvl 111. Armored X: has anyone had Rebuke Death proc once?
  8. Holyduke Member

I question if Sentry Watch proc's the death prevent for my group...
  9. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

But Guardian Sphere got fixed - although I wonder at its' effectiveness when you get hit for 1/2 billion in Sol Ro :)
  10. Priority Well-Known Member

Isnt it a 50-60% chance to proc a stoneskin for hits larger than like 10% max HP?
  11. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Yes - one time at 50% chance. Wards group of 5 mil damage (like that matters)
  12. Holyduke Member

This can proc for a stone skin (60%) chance for as long as the spell is running which is 25-28 seconds depending upon your spec.. So its great for the group and the guardian. It does not just proc one time, it procs as long as it is running
    Priority likes this.
  13. Holyduke Member

..to add to my post above..
    Guardian Sphere IV Grandmaster
    Has a ward component that last 22 seconds AE for group. But that really does not do much
    Group Stone Skin component
    When damaged this spell has a 50 (60)% chance to cast stoneskin on target, last 10(11) seconds. Will absorb all damage. This spell will adsorb a total of 1 attack.
    ----So for 28 seconds you should proc about 14 stone skins on your self, and people in your group have the same chance to proc when damaged
  14. Arclite Well-Known Member

Bump.

Can we please get a response from a Dev on this please?

The more i see my parses with both of these spells the more it makes me sad. I thought having paid ~$200) for an instant upgrades should allow me to earn a relative op advantage over others but this is not the case. Some of us will spend more if there is another upgrade that will increase its damage to an appropriate level - not sarcasm but that is an option to consider given how things are being done these days.
  15. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

I, too, would like to know what folks were tricking (with both Guardian "upgrade spells" in BOL). It would be nice to have someone at EQ2 development speak up. Either agree - oops we can fix that, or why they are what they are.
  16. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Yeah - not that I expected a response.
  17. Airwalker Member

Hope you’re not holding your breath.
  18. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

LOL - that would be counterproductive to living :)
  19. Nekre Active Member

The death save on our Defensive stance most definitely works. Now for sentry watch and call shielding, that I have no idea, all i know is i randomly get up when we suppose to be wiping all the time lol