Guardian AAs, Help Please.

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-Krafe, Apr 10, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Krafe Guest

So I'm new to everquest2, it's only been about a week for me.

I'm wondering if anyone can help me make a good spec, so far I have these AAs chosen because they seemed a bit obvious for a role as a tank. http://www.beetny.com/eq2aa/?910a@e5@25205@35

Opinions on where I should allocate points will be greatly appreciated.

(just fill them out in the calculator and copy that url here)

Edit: ok well, the builder doesn't seem to be saving anything I put in it, so maybe if possible take a screenshot?
    I have Enhanced Battlecry, Enhanced Taunts, and Hearty Constitution in the shadows tree.
  2. ARCHIVED-Krafe Guest

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  3. ARCHIVED-Soul_Dreamer Guest

Warrior - Wis line pretty much sucks in every way. Defence and Parry basically do nothing. The whole line will increase your DPS for hate and give you dragoons for those "Ohh sh*t" moments.
    Guardian - Mix of DPS/Hate and Survive, Rescue/Unyeilding Will/Phalanx aren't maxxed because more points in the abilities will be a waste and do nothing. Stability line not taken, there isn't much point in it as a group tank, raiding it has some use and provides a little extra utility at the expense of a few DPS AA's.
    Shadows - Not much here of any interest really. Pretty basic and common setup, no need for the points in rescue on the warrior section if a group tank so take the ability mod. If you find yoruself not dying and agro is more of an issue, move points from Guardians will/Constitution to Slam (Warrior line)/Decimation
    Heroic - You may want partisan cleave instead of perfect counter as a group tank, I've never tested it much but then I'm mainly a raid tank so it's nice to time it for those big hits.

Order to be taken... take the ones that increase DPS first, then defence. DPS will give you the most bang for the buck while leveling.
    Warrior Str line > Stamina Line > Guardian Slaughtering Line > Warrior Int line > Rest in any order, won't really matter.

http://www.beetny.com/eq2aa/?902r14...31e@2a@1a8a@2a1