Guardian AA post GU61

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-Yimway, Sep 2, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

MT Spec:
    Key changes: Got Your Back is worth carrying full time on this spec now that you don't have to spend a pile of aa on what was crap to get it.
    It is also vitally important to understand re-use speed, and depending on your personal re-use speed you may want to distribute points differently. Reset all AA, remove gear, and look end examine your key abilties, note their base reuse speed in a spreadsheet. Now, put on all your gear, and estimate your total re-use speed. Now look at those base values you recorded and remember they can not be modified below 50% of their orriginal re-use. If for example you have enough reuse to remove 35% of the abilities orriginal re-use time, your only left with 15% of the durration still modifieable. Since many of our AA remove static amounts (reduces x ability reuse by y seconds), you do not want to spend so many AA's in an ability that you've tried to reduce it by more than 50%.
    If your reuse is much less or much more than mine, you will need to spend these points differently.
    Discussion points:
    I did not take the block chance for defensive stance. Points could be moved from one of the offensive enhancements to this if you find you do use defensive stance significantly. Also, some points could be moved from the guardian offensive abilities to the block chance in the warrior 'stamina' line. While Gladiator's Revenge does not offer as much block chance as Enhance: Armored, it adds that block chance regardless of stance. Again, these are only consideration if you feel block chance will pay off for you, but its more about getting struck-thru lately and mitigating around it.
    Enhance Moderate vs Enhance: Call to Arms. With the uncap of weapon stats, there is some discussion if this is more net benefit for the group vs adding 5% CB to a single target. I still lean to the 5% CB as I can direct that where I think its needed on a fight. Ie. I can moderate a high dps to make them slightly higher, or I can put it on a healer if I think its more of a heal fight. All in all 5% CB really adds very little in game today, as does the tiny bit of weapon skill from Call to Arms (relative to the overcap curve). I could see an arguement of moving Enhance: Moderate to one of the block chances mentioned previously.
    Rallying Cry vs Saving Grace - Many tanks are favoring the extra hate positions. I'm not a huge fan of it, but I don't judge people for taking it. I find my group is rarely actually at the ability mod cap, so adding more mod pays off better for my MT group. I don't find that I'm really needing the extra hate positions, but if you feel you do, I wouldn't begrudge you for taking it. For an OT build, I probably would take this as I likely would not be using ire procs as frequently.
    Instance Spec:
    Beetny Instance Spec
    There are of course alot you could do different here, but this is really a spec I use around dps and lowering hate for the group. If your problems with instances are more around staying alive, you could go with a DR spec and more of the block / defensive stance bonuses. I just find instances are not about that for me, and I wouldn't personally spec that way.
  2. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Sigh, just saw those links got truncated...