GU67 sig quests "Darkness Ascending" - feedback and bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jul 8, 2013.

1. GrouchyMouse Active Member

Really? In the instance I saw single ups on the ones that attacked and the four to take down by the item, they were all double ups.

I'll copy over one of my lesser geared and see what happens. So weird, tho.
  2. GrouchyMouse Active Member

Ok...is there anything else to the quests? Just the ones at Scarstone? I can't find anything else, there's no letters in the mail, no new feathers...nada.
  3. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Honestly, I couldn't tell. I was a bit distracted by the other fight that was going on. I just know that I didn't have to put that much effort into keeping my pet up and they went down in a reasonable amount of time.
  4. GrouchyMouse Active Member

Okay...so that's it? The four or so quests from Scarstone? Nothing more?
  5. Cyliena Well-Known Member

It took me an hour and a half to finish these four quests, including writing walkthroughs during each, which normally adds an inordinate amount of time to how long a quest takes me to run in-testing. These were shockingly short, so I agree with others who are asking: is that it?!

There's some lore, some things happen. I don't know why the prophecy still isn't wrapped up; it's being drawn out too long now, imo. Going on almost four years at minimum if my memory serves me correctly?

The first quest uses the "weaken the mob to use this item" mechanic, which is as horrible as usual. I killed a few of them before I realized it wasn't updating at all because I wasn't using it at the "correct" percentage.

The final battle, without mercs being allowed in, I got completely trounced on my Swashbuckler due to not having my pocket healer against them. She's 94 with 320AA and equipped in WL, CS, and tradeskill apprentice gear. After I died I was able to single pull them, which was fine, but the initial rush was too overwhelming.

edit: forgot to mention.. the giant white mob that dies at the end of the Drakelands instance script does not LOOK dead at that point, they are standing there alert and alive-looking.

The lack of a background on the quest dialogues made the "..." options extremely hard to interact with.

The cloak is nice and will save me from ever having to run the CoE questline on Live now, thank you (even if that wasn't the intent).

Not sure what else to say that isn't crazy spoilers. The story felt very predictable (my apologies to whoever wrote it.. it was written well, but the events were mostly predictable to anyone who has been paying attention over the years). I didn't feel any shock and wow and was actually amused by some of it. I did enjoy watching the sky battle going on during the Drakelands part, though.. kudos. I also agree with someone else that posted earlier.. asking Firiona about her staff, getting a snippy response, not being able to go back through her other dialogue choice and being confused as to why that was even an option... it seemed odd compared to everything else. Honestly, at one point Firiona was acting so nasty I thought "why did people ever save you from the Ethernere?".

Anyone who does want spoilers, I'll have the quest dialogues up later today on zam, split up onto their appropriate "darkness ascending" quest pages. Probably late afternoon eastern time.
  6. Misia Active Member

I couldn't help but take that choice in the conversation with her as well. It seemed so oddly placed that I just had to know, and figured I could get back to the main conversation or that it would continue after her reply. I ended up feeling like I'd missed part of the quest dialog and story. Is there something more about her bow? Are parts of the dialog, notably the "..." parts, being withheld until release?
  7. Cyliena Well-Known Member

By the way, not sure if this part was purposeful or not, but caught this going through my logs. When he first appears he speaks a language that players cannot obtain.

8. Cyliena Well-Known Member

She's wearing a bow in the EQ Next artwork, it's likely alluding to that (wait, did she have a bow? I only took one screenshot with her in it, and I'm not seeing a weapon in it). Either way, it did bite that we couldn't go back to the normal part of the convo.
  9. Rediger New Member

I have always disliked the lack of background on the conversation options during signature quests. I've scoured the options and haven't seen any way to change it.
    Cyliena likes this.
  10. Cyliena Well-Known Member

There used to be a background until around the DoV era when they tried to make them a different color. That worked briefly, but then stopped working. Maybe it's just people using the Default_Blue color scheme that can't see it?

I finished getting the dialogues in, if anyone wants to read through them. If you don't want spoilers, then well, don't read those pages. Linked page here is spoiler-free. :p http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Darkness_Ascending_(EQ2_Quest_Series)
  11. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I use the default UI, didn't change to default blue. Have never had an issue with no background on signature quest text boxes.
  12. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

This is how a COE signature quest text box looks with the default UI.

Edit: Dang, it won't show the jpg image I copy/pasted in. Apparently I can't put an image in unless I publish it somewhere online to be able to have a URL for it.
  13. Silzin Active Member

they did a good job at hiding the important parts of that dialog, from your transcripts.
    Cyliena likes this.
  14. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Try tinypic.com maybe?

So that must be it, default_blue (which I copy/pasted into my custom ui folder) must not be supported for sig/heritage quest dialogue boxes.
  15. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I don't have an account with tinypic. I tend to minimize the places I make accounts with. Fewer places to get hacked and lose my personal details.
  16. Kander Developer

Correct.
    Cyliena likes this.
  17. Rediger New Member

Yes, I also use default_blue, so I would assume that is the reason for no background boxes on the text.
  18. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

We just fixed that one.
    Cyliena likes this.
  19. GrouchyMouse Active Member

I was the one who noticed the dialog about the staff and posted it. I can't find anything anywhere else which could indicate the staff was stolen. I even considered the staff which was an in-game collector's item but then that wouldn't be fair to those who never got it. So...why is the dialog there, where does it go? When I found her in the tower outside Kelethin by Grassy Knoll, she had the staff there. I have no clue at all.

And yes, I felt the same way: something's missing. She always has her staff. Why is this here? Why is it missing?
  20. GrouchyMouse Active Member

Btw, Ttobey, I love the new look for Yelinak! I noticed it at Thurgadin the other day when I took my SK into there for the first time and collected discos. His sitting position and overall look was very nice. I'm going to assume it was changed for this update and just retrofitted for Yelinak altogether. When I ran the questlines in beta, the peanut light went on when I saw Yelinak in the instance. Nice. :)
    ttobey likes this.