GU67 - Fabled Zones Feedback Thread!

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Gninja, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Gninja Developer

Bristlebane is not one of the selectable avatars in the Arena of the Gods.

The entrances to the Arena are in Freeport and Qeynos and there is an additional way of getting a guild hall placeable entrance as well :)
  2. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

OK, thanks. I was peeking through Census for something else and saw that.
  3. a_shrubbery Active Member

So, uhm... did all of the FABLED zones appear on test? I don't think they are all in the patch notes. Sadly I'm locked out for 5 days and I may not be able to run one of these this weekend with my guild.

Could you please fix these lockouts? I get the full "success" lockout of 5 days xx hours for walking in and getting pummeled by a mob. I didn't kill anyting, let alone walk 20 meters alive. :(
  4. Calthine Well-Known Member

There were four of them on test.
  5. Night_Howler New Member

Sorry sony, but the new zones...
    The Fabled Clefts of Rujark - Contested Dungeon
    The Fabled Scornfeather's Roost - Instanced Dungeon were crap.
    They both were very boring and ugly dungeon's back in they day.
    are you devs struggling that much you guys can't come up with new stuff??
    why do you got to re-use old crap? also the loot that drops in these new...or re-used zones is junk, it has the look of lev 5 crap so you cant even use it for appearance.
    If it isn't bad enough the last 3 or so expansion you made the zones to "path" people there was really no exploration
    you guys love your "path-ways" supported by rock walls, what a waste of game space.
    Look at Odus... most of it is UN-usable rock walls or how about withered land's.. again most of the map is pathed with rock walls.
    open the zones up stop adding walls and pathways and if you guys cant add better gear then whats found in raid atleast make it cool looking and please stop re-useing old zones for new content
  6. a_shrubbery Active Member

It is a bit surprising choice isn't it. The Palace of the Sabaron and Silent City: Delving Dead updates were much nicer looking imho. Very colourful and nice music. Delving Dead was moderately challenging too for uncoordinated PUGs. Last fight with Amenophas was great!

And I know what you mean. I've had that exact feeling with Chains of Eternity. The expansion felt much more boring than Skyshrine overall. The worst offenders to me are Fear and Faceless. Dungeons feel extremely linear. I mean, I understand that dungeons in general are a scripted experience, with a planned progression. But the older dungeons with realistic building layouts like Deathfist Citadel, Crushbone Keep, Fallen Gate, Stormold, etc. All those dungeons have a sense of exploration. There are always more than one way to go around the zone. Sometimes you could go around in circles, taking advantage of respawns.

Fear / Faceless are the worst offenders imho. Those dungeons feel so lifeless and empty. And when you do them in Advanced Solo it's even worse.

You go in The Temple of Cazic-Thule and it's full of creatures with path ways, and lots of interesting areas the place feel alive with or without players. It feels like it has a reason to be there, it has a story and enough depth to suggest a feeling of adventure.

In Chains of Eternity I had *ZERO* feelings of adventure or exploration.

It's not just the dungeons, the overland too! Everything felt so predictable. It seemed like the budget on that expansion was really low. For example, I got to the second half of the Ethernere, where everything is reddish, and as you get near the end of the zone with the first two heroic instances, you come accross all these stone circles with a few lizards. I though "ooh interesting, what is going on here? Might be for a quest !?" Nope. :/ No quest, nothing. Not to mention it's like they just copy / pasted a bunch of these structures.

I disagree with you a little bit on Withered Lands though.. sure it was more or less a long path / canyon.. but the design at least was interesting, it varied (forest, then canyon, then large pond, then insect hives). It was relatively empty in terms of lore, but it didn't have that copy / paste / low budget feeling that CoE overland zones have.

And Skyshrine's Underdepths felt like an epic conclusion, with the really cool ride on a drake to the nest where the dragon lies.

In Chains of Eternity instead Firiona Vie disappeared and didn't even congratulate me for spanking Drinal. I found myself on the beach wondering what happened.

Then you have Wurmbone dungeons very interesting visually , so much better creatively.. but still quite linear and feeling disconnected from the whole.

As for Clefts of Rujark at the end of the day it's a soloing zone. What a silly idea to update a contested zone. It made PUGs more or less pointless, and to make things worse, it is now being farmed by solo high level peeps because you can get better yellow adorns (crit bonus III and potency III whatever it's called).