GU67 - CAT Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Jamiss, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Um... totems have been stacking for two and a half years. The ones made prior to GU 58 don't, so if you have some old ones lying around they won't stack, but the recipes now make up to 20 at a time, and stack to 100.

On one hand, I can sympathize with the inventory management issues, but on the other hand we have tons more inventory space than any other game I've played. So the inventory management issue really doesn't seem like that big a deal to me. YMMV.

On-topic, I very much appreciate being able to cast mounts in all zones, and not just because of them being canceled by aa-swaps. Thank you!
  2. Anastaise Active Member

Having issues with the new CAT system. I saved my mirror spec to my HD and when I attempted to load it from the Character Development page nothing happened.

I couldn't figure out how to save the current spec to my HD - there was no 'Save' button... I only saw a 'Commit' button.

Also, not sure if it's related to AA's, but i keep getting spammed with messages to recast a number of my buffs because they have been upgraded.
  3. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I started noticing the spam today. It's definitely related to AAs. Every spell mentioned gets upgraded by AAs.

As for the spec save, there's a button next to commit, which takes you in and out of build mode. You have to hit that first before you make changes to anything.
  4. Jamiss Developer

This has been fixed. You won't be spammed every time you zone now when it hits.
    Deveryn likes this.
  5. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Hope so. The fix definitely was not pushed out to beta this morning since I was seeing the problem then.
  6. Tierisch Well-Known Member

So, I don't play on the beta server and today was my first experience with the new AA interface. I had one AA to spend and put it where I wanted it. Then I saved it and all my buffs disappeared. Ok, I can live with that. During the whole cast to save the profile, it claimed that my harvesting tools had been "consumed" so I expected them to be active again. They were not. Each time I save after allocating an AA point, I have to manually go in to turn off and turn back on the auto consume function for the harvesting tools, so they will recast. I assume I am missing something about this whole process, but do I have to save each time I spend an AA?
    I also just had a message that I earned a new Prestige point, but I don't see it when I look on the AA screen? Hmm, I seem to have 25/25 Prestige points assigned, so where did the one I just earned go?
    Ok, now I am really confused, I just camped to my level 23 Monk and she has 300 unassigned AAs? If there is a tutorial or something for all this, that I missed, can someone please link it? Thanks.
  7. Tierisch Well-Known Member

I think I've solved most of my own question, The only one remaining is the one about the harvesting tools claiming to consume but not actually re-activating after a CAT save.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

It's not just the harvesting tools.. poisons, billy doll, etc also do not reactivate
    Guiscard likes this.
  9. a_shrubbery Active Member

This is the suggestion I posted elsewhere...

Suggestion

I think perhaps a better approach would be for the user who is not AA maxed to select a "guide" template, as we have now, but instead of showing the confusing right hand side column; show a particle/glow effect around the next available skills, basically saying "hey you could spend your next points here". And perhaps with a few choice abilities it would have a popup that says "WHY: because it will help you maintain agrro bla blah".

That would address the main issue for newbies and returning players: being overwhelmed by the AA nodes. Where do I look? Where to invest the next point? Just look at the glowing nodes and stop worrying, you'll know that you get to the "guide" template at the end.

Another issue with the right column, is it tells me which AA is next (yellow border), but it's actually not obvious in which tree it is, and I can't click it to show me where it is. So you have a disconnection there. It's like this column is added complexity, it is not implicit and obvious, it is a second layer to the same data.

With the "highlight next nodes" approach I described, you remove that added layer.

I think it's still doable now. You could remove that column and instead look for the next availble points that you have there , where the orange/yellow skill starts, and look for the next 10 or 20 or so and out of those readily abailable (no prerequisites at the current AA total), highlight (particles/glow/whatever) on the AA sheets.

This means the user sees the hints in context, instead of a new context (the right column). It is less confusing. And then you can stop automatically allocating the points.

PS:

With this approach, you can either just display the highlight for the next point exactly as in the GU67 system, or you can look at the next 10-20 points to give a few more options. But the user knows, they won't be spending points which they don't need (according to the template). And if people dont like it let them select "no template" and there would be no guide/highlighted nodes.
  10. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

Since you cana save new available points without going into build mode, does that mean, we dont have to recast everything again after spending a point? Getting kinda annoying having to recast all item buffs, poisons etc again just because i decided to spent a new point. Also if i automatically get a prestige point, and even if i pre-spent them all, i have to change profile and go back into the first one, to really "activate" the aa. I didnt read all of the post so im sorry if someone mentioned a fix for this already.
  11. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Open your inventory, right click on the harvest tool(s) and select Turn Auto Consume off, then right click again and select Turn Auto Consume on, the buff will then reappear. Repeat for all other "auto consume items". I agree it's a pain, but at least the tools have an infinite number of uses unlike poisons and such.
  12. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Harvest tools have always been problematic with resets. These days, I think it's better to just use them as needed since they have a 10 day timer.
  13. Caith Developer

We are working on correcting the auto-consume issue so that after the template is committed it will consume the items you have set to auto-consume.
  14. Pauly Well-Known Member

If the changes made where to make it easier to understand for new players if won't work. It is now much harder to understand AA's and how to use them.
    The entire concept of 'pre-spending' points before you even earn them has confused all the newer players in my guild.
    The templates should simply be a screenshot for them to look at, not something that fills in their trees.
    Players should manually assign points as they did before, ie.. spend after you earn, not before.
    That's like a lvl 12 Monk scribing a lvl 80 master spell.
    Saving profiles, great, love it. Loading a 320 point aa profile onto a lvl 14 that has 9 aa is fail.
    Guiscard likes this.
  15. Guiscard Active Member

I couldn't agree more -- to say nothing of losing individual AA Tree Respec. I just don't think this change was properly sought out and there was insufficient consideration given to its far-reaching ramifications. They should have developed a way for the AA mirror to save more than 1 profile without ripping apart the whole AA assignment system and then not fully explaining what they were doing.
  16. Silzin Active Member

to me the biggest problem is that the point distribution as you gain AA has not been taken into account. so the first 100 AA for all classes is spent into the Subclass tree, then the Next 100 points in into the Class tree, then the Next 70 is in Shadows....

when if you are going it optimally you dont want to go that way. as sown as you can get the Shadow Endlines for more classes you want them. the first 10-50 points spent are the most important, and some classes the FIRST place to spend is in the Class tree not the Subclass, or maybe only about 23 in Subclass then the next 50-60 in the Class then back to the Subclass, and after that back to Shadows.

Pre 280+ AA the Subclass and Class Endlines for all of the classes I play are all but useless and its much better to bounce around, but With this new system we are not teaching players anything about that. If they are Pre280AA when they are ether Soloing or in an SS Grind. so they need all of the help learning how to priorities the AA when just 100/100/70/50.
    flameweaver and Ajjantis like this.
  17. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

^^ This was a biggie on the bug side.

A tradeskill problem found.

So no one in beta ever mentioned the spending as you go issue? Hrm.

Should I continue? Those are only quotes from the very first page of the CAT thread in the test forum.
  18. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

Still buggy, today i enter a bg and notice my abilities were gone for some reason? Ive had them for a few days, using them and today i log in and notice way too late that they are gone again, Had to commit the profile again,
  19. Alenna Well-Known Member

I"m having a problem on one of my alts with the CAT system server basic AAs are not auto assigning on solo, group or PvP unless I go through the hoop of changing to one of the others before I gain an AA and bug that one then I can go to the one i'm using and want them assigned to to assign all I have. I am soloing my level 61 human conjurer on Guk and noticed that she had 4 unassigned AAs while using the server basic solo spec. it was not until I changed to the server basic group which did assign all AAs but did not assign the new one that was gained while in that spec but when I went back to teh server basic solo All AAs got assigned. I am not noticing this on any of my other alts i"m using these specs on highest I have is 70 and all her AAs are being assigned my other alts range from 24-52.

Yes I /bugged it twice.
  20. Jamiss Developer

What are the character names that you're experiencing this with? I can take a look at them and see what is going on.